IGNORED

Fidelizer 8.0

Shanepj

Fidelizer 8.10 released – Improved core isolation optimization and compatibility with ExerciseStabilizer/ExtremeStabilizer

Fidelizer Pro

After releasing Fidelizer 8.9 with some changes to support more cases, I realized two things from customer’s feedback. First is no feedback from customers configuring processor to have specific cores turned off. Next is some people prefer 8.8 sound.

After realizing how this new change doesn’t actually improve customer’s satisfaction, I changed my approach to fully focus on most common implementation with 2 cores per floating point unit and optimize core isolation to handle physical/logical cores better.

Now non-audio processes won’t touch cores in first FPU and focus more on logical cores if there’s no enforcement to last core only. Media Player Application will focus on physical cores. ExerciseStabilizer/ExtremeStabilizer is now compatible with Fidelizer too.

As a result, Fidelizer 8.10 has reached a new high improving synergy between Windows audio thread, media player applications, and non-audio processes. This update is very important and I highly recommend everyone to install this update.

Changelog for version 8.10

Free
-Changed processor’s core detection back based on common implementation of 2 cores per FPU unit
-Disabled Apply Core Isolation Policy option in free version as it does nothing without components from Plus/Pro version
-Increased progress dialog size and adjusted all progress dialogs’ size uniformly
-Improved process affinity optimization on non-audio processes to use logical cores and leave first cores in FPU alone
-Improved software compatibility with ExerciseStabilizer and ExtremeStabilizer

Plus
-Changed default option to not enforce non-audio core to last physical/logical core only
-Changed failing license verification allow main dialog access for uninstallation and contact support
-Changed processor’s core detection back based on common implementation of 2 cores per FPU unit
-Improved Core Isolation Policy to handle core affinity of Windows audio thread and media player applications better
-Improved process affinity optimization on non-audio processes to use logical cores and leave first cores in FPU alone
-Increased progress dialog size and adjusted all progress dialogs’ size uniformly
-Replaced “Audio Player (without network connection)” audio profile with “Disable/Stop network services” option in Advanced configuration

Pro
-Changed default option to not enforce non-audio core to last physical/logical core only
-Changed failing license verification allow main dialog access for uninstallation and contact support
-Improved Core Isolation Policy to handle core affinity of Windows audio thread and media player applications better
-Replaced “Audio Player (without network connection)” audio profile with “Disable/Stop network services” option in Advanced configuration

Download: Fidelizer 8.10
Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

You can download latest version of purchased Fidelizer software from the same download link that we sent in email before. If you are not sure where to download purchased Fidelizer software, feel free to contact us and request software download link.

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

• 1 month later...

So, I purchased Fidelizer Pro many moons ago, in fact it was back in 2016 and during those 7 years I’ve heard big improvements with 8.0 being one of the biggest until 8:10

I’m not really sure how @Windows X has managed to transform 8:9 so much, but my system sounds more alive than it every has and I thought it was fantastic before

Its made me purchase an SSD this week to store my music on and then alter a few power options for my HDD’s as I no longer be  using them for the musical part of my system and it sounds so good, I’m as happy as can be

I suspect that streaming is now becoming the norm and people like me who still archive CD’s for playback is more niche than ever, but I’ve got to say, it’s a sad day that the Fidelizer software won’t receive any further updates. But in truth, after all the years I’ve had out of the program and what joy it’s still bring today, I’ve got to say thanks as listening to music is a part of my life and your program makes it a little sweeter

For those who don’t understand what this program has to offer, you only need to try the free version to hear a difference and with the Pro, you just get a lot more of what you’ve heard

I also bought Audioengine Optimizer and Process Lasso and out of the three, Fidelizer is the one where my ears noticed massive improvements. I know the other programs have done their part as it’s noticeable, but if you are trying home build yourself, Fidelizer is an absolute must in my opinion if you value your pc’s musical abilities

For those that are interested, my systems an aging fanless Intel i5 system with 32GB of ddr3l memory plus, SOtM TX-USBExp Card hooked up via Chord Signature ARAY USB to a Teac UD-501 running the previous ASIO driver which seems to have been removed from the Teac website. there are a few more bits plus I also use it for movies to via an alternative boot, but for music alone with  with jRiver and jRemote as the interface, that’s about it from PC to DAC. Most of the features within jRiver have been turned off over the 7 years I’ve been using it as it just see it as a fantastic interface remote solution from my phone/pad

I actually played at upsampling to DSD and using SOX and found that music just sounds so more dynamic when things are just left alone. I also store everything as WAV files and are archived using dBpowerAmp (for an accuraty). The other reason I use WAV is I get fatigued with FLAC and I’m not saying I can hear a difference, but after listing for any length of time, then enjoy isn’t the same with me wanting to turn it off. So on some level my ears are detecting something even though audibly I cannot hear it 

Once again, cheers Keetakawee for all your work on this software and I hope people will keep supporting you with this great software as it’s one of a kind