IGNORED

Fidelizer 8.0

Shanepj

Just got Fidelizer Pro working on my audio pc (NAA only). I am flabbergasted, never could have wish for such a huge upgrade in SQ. Can't wait to " fidelize" my control pc :P

Mobile: iPhone 6s 128Gb > Chord Hugo > Shure 846

Stereo: PPA dual streamer setup with JPlay and AO > Lampizator Golden Gate SE > Classe Omega Preamp MKII > 2xNord On UP NC500DM > Linkwitz LX521

On 1/12/2021 at 6:18 AM, RubenV said:

Just got Fidelizer Pro working on my audio pc (NAA only). I am flabbergasted, never could have wish for such a huge upgrade in SQ. Can't wait to " fidelize" my control pc :P

I'm happy to hear that. I recommend Streamer audio profile for Control PC. :)

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

• 1 month later...

I have bought a Fidelizer etherstream  and completed the 200 hour break in period and very happy with the SQ gains.

The FE is very lightweight and the necessary ethernet cables tend to cause the switch to slide around .

So I put some clean beach pebbles on the top to give it some added mass.

The stability increased and also the SQ -clarity enhanced.

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2021 at 8:15 AM, oldfirm said:

I have bought a Fidelizer etherstream  and completed the 200 hour break in period and very happy with the SQ gains.

The FE is very lightweight and the necessary ethernet cables tend to cause the switch to slide around .

So I put some clean beach pebbles on the top to give it some added mass.

The stability increased and also the SQ -clarity enhanced.

I'm happy to hear you enjoy improvements with EtherStream. I've been very busy with EtherStream and other delivery since last month and start having time to check out other places recently. If I may suggest, changing tip-toe on switch also helps a lot too. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

• 3 weeks later...

when i set priority and affinity there are some processes that cannot be changed is fidelizer able to make changes to those processes? also i see that fidelizer also offers some sort of sound signatures in the pro version how are these different to audiophile optimizer? Fidelizer also stops processes, audiophile optimizer has server 2012 only running 24 processes will fidelizer reduce that any lower? i suppose what i am asking is will fidelizer pro make any difference to what i already have? Not trying to be difficult but just trying to work out if spending $70 is going to make a difference that i will notice. Thanks

My system

PC

Corsair 550 watt 80 plus gold

Gigabyte G1 Sniper b6(DAC UP USB)

i7 4790K @4.0GHz

16Gb ram @1600MHz

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Noctua NH-U9S 92mm CPU Cooler(silent mode)

3 x Noctua 140mm NF-P14S Redux Edition(silent mode)

OS

Windows Server 2012 GUI Mode

Audiophile Optimizer + advanced mode with all drivers disabled(i do not need internet) + replace shell with

JRiver 27 (load decoded file to memory)

WASAPI output via DAC UP USB

SYSTEM

Audioquest carbon USB cable >

MiniMax DAC Supreme >

Custom interconnects >

Rotel RC-1550 >

Custom interconnects >

Rotel  RB-1582 >

Audioquest rockefeller speaker cables >

Wharfedale Jade 7 speakers

On 4/14/2021 at 8:09 AM, Mark Labbett said:

i suppose what i am asking is will fidelizer pro make any difference to what i already have? Not trying to be difficult but just trying to work out if spending $70 is going to make a difference that i will notice. Thanks

My system

I guess no one really 100% knows.  I ran WS19 GUI and got about 60 process running, with AFpro that whittled down to low 50's.  I always left AF pro at its default sound signature (the top one)  The sound signatures in AO3 I played with a fair amount they they make a big difference and I selected 1 or 2 I preferred (usually 3B or 3C).  I never touched the AF signature just left it default.  AO makes bigger sonic change than AF, but they play together nicely.  Is it worth $70?  If you tweak your PC a lot, change CPU, MB and network  then probably not as you get one free transfer, then its $29 per after I Think.  If you leave your PC as is then this is not an issue.  I liked it enough to pay the upgrade charge from 7 to 8.

thanks for the reply Quadman, the main questions i have are for the developer! Does fidelizer set priority and affinity on the processes that are not able to be changed from the task manager? and how many more processes will be disabled(windows server gui 24 atm) these are the main questions i have. with there being no trial version it really makes things difficult! nearly every software has a trial version!

On 4/14/2021 at 10:40 AM, Mark Labbett said:

i have audiophile optimizer 3 on server 2012 i set cpu affinity and priority manually with great improvement in sound quality what would fidelizer offer over what i do? thanks

I apologize for late reply. I was busy preparing AirStream Wireless Router release since last month along with a lot of inquiries on other Fidelizer products. Yes you can use Fidelizer on top of AudiophileOptimizer. They both are optimizer software but work on different aspects with great compatibility. Trimming non-audio services is part of Fidelizer's features but its core features are on optimizing Windows multimedia's platform itself and Pro version offers permanent optimizations with system configuration optimizations for audio with years of development for best sound.

I checked your system configuration and yes it should work well with Fidelizer Pro using "Purist" user level and "Audio Player (Without network connection)" audio profile. I recommend you to try free version first and see if it brings audible improvements enough to consider upgrading to Pro version. Digital can't simply be done right by debloating non-audio stuff but to get audio stuff working right with time domain tuning undocumented effects. You can read more about how Fidelizer works from this page below. Phil also sells Fidelizer Pro to his clients too. :)

https://www.fidelizer-audio.com/about-fidelizer/

Regards,

Keetakawee

Hi Keetakawee

I am running Windows 10 Pro , with optimization with Fidelizer Pro  and AO, But am still seeing 140 processes in task manager.

So my next improvement is to install Windows server 2019 in a Virtual Box on my laptop.

Will this present me with any issues re installing FP onto this alternative drive?

Thank You

8 hours ago, oldfirm said:

Hi Keetakawee

I am running Windows 10 Pro , with optimization with Fidelizer Pro  and AO, But am still seeing 140 processes in task manager.

So my next improvement is to install Windows server 2019 in a Virtual Box on my laptop.

Will this present me with any issues re installing FP onto this alternative drive?

Thank You

Hi. That shouldn't cause any problem as long as hardware configuration remains the same. Hard drive shouldn't affect the license status. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

Hi Keetakawee, you did not answer the questions that i asked earlier regarding if fidelizer is able to set isolation and priority on processes that cannot be done from task manager, i used the trial version on both server 2012 and 2019(bot running AO) and the number of processes was not reduced at all in fact i had on more process running "Fidelizer". I was able to reduce them manually in server 2019 from 50 down to 4, core isolation was on maybe 2 or 3 processes when i do this manually, i look in services for all audio processes(mmcs, audio service and audio endpoint  builder media player 27 and jr service set them all to high priority every non audio process that i can manually set priority and affinity i set them to use core 3(no hyper threading enabled in bios) at normal priority, media player 27 and jriver service get 1 +2 cores and mmcs, audio service and audio endpoint  builder get core 0 i then just run timer tool set to highest resolution, Can fidelizer pro do more than this(or maybe not as much). Also Fidelizer offers some sort of sound signatures in the pro version how are these different to what audiophile optimizer does, i am not asking for trade secrets but just some clarification on what i would be getting for $80 over what i do for free, i dont mean to be rude or difficult(well maybe a little difficult) but i like to make people work for my money.Thanks

just to be clear the changes i make do make maybe a 15% difference in sound quality, there must be a way for you to offer a trial version of Fidelizer Pro that way people could really know what they are getting before they buy, this is a common practice in software and some other businesses.

37 minutes ago, Mark Labbett said:

Hi Keetakawee, you did not answer the questions that i asked earlier regarding if fidelizer is able to set isolation and priority on processes that cannot be done from task manager, i used the trial version on both server 2012 and 2019(bot running AO) and the number of processes was not reduced at all in fact i had on more process running "Fidelizer". I was able to reduce them manually in server 2019 from 50 down to 4, core isolation was on maybe 2 or 3 processes when i do this manually, i look in services for all audio processes(mmcs, audio service and audio endpoint  builder media player 27 and jr service set them all to high priority every non audio process that i can manually set priority and affinity i set them to use core 3(no hyper threading enabled in bios) at normal priority, media player 27 and jriver service get 1 +2 cores and mmcs, audio service and audio endpoint  builder get core 0 i then just run timer tool set to highest resolution, Can fidelizer pro do more than this(or maybe not as much). Also Fidelizer offers some sort of sound signatures in the pro version how are these different to what audiophile optimizer does, i am not asking for trade secrets but just some clarification on what i would be getting for $80 over what i do for free, i dont mean to be rude or difficult(well maybe a little difficult) but i like to make people work for my money.Thanks

just to be clear the changes i make do make maybe a 15% difference in sound quality, there must be a way for you to offer a trial version of Fidelizer Pro that way people could really know what they are getting before they buy, this is a common practice in software and some other businesses.

Core Isolation policy is Fidelizer's technology to adjust process' affinity according to options in Fidelizer. That's for Plus/Pro version only so free version won't have this. And Fidelizer isn't process/service manipulation software. It's optimizes multimedia platform in Windows which are MMCSS and inner audio/OS components for better sound quality.

Fidelizer has features to reduce non-audio process' priority and affinity and stop/disable some non-audio services in higher user levels but please do not treat that as Fidelizer's main feature. Many people are also mistaken Fidelizer for process/service tweaking tool but that's not true at all. Using on Consumer will apply Fidelizer's core optimizations and higher user levels are extra toppings. In Pro version, you can choose all audio profiles listed below rather than General Purpose which is generalized version based on Fidelizer 5 optimizations.

Audio Player
Audio Player (Without network connection)
Audio Render
Streamer
Network Player
Network Renderer
Media Center

You seem to have your own understanding about tweaking OS for audio and I'll respect your viewpoints on that. But if you're looking for Fidelizer as a tool to reduce number of processes hoping for better sound quality with more processes eliminated, Fidelizer's main selling point isn't about that. It's more about my unique approach of optimizations in inner layer of OS itself. Core Isolation in Plus/Pro version will allow you to choose policies based on audio workload having the following options below.

No isolation (Only reduce cores on non-audio)
High performance (Isolate one core for non-audio)
High transparency (Isolate one core for audio)

Personally I prefer High transparency having audio thread working on one core and isolated non-audio processes to dirty core leaving audio related processes working with better improved transparency. But if you use intensive workload like DSP or upsampling, using high performance should allow audio to perform better under those conditions. No isolation will not adjust how audio thread works and reduce cores on only non-audio processes only.

You can also change Processor Priority Policy which is Pro version only feature allowing you to change sound signature in Windows by tweaking how kernel should handle resources as below.

Long / Fixed - Natural harmonics with linear sound (Fidelizer)
Long / Variable - Natural harmonics with rich details (JPLAY)
Short / Fixed - Sharp image with linear sound (cPLAY)
Short / Variable - Sharp image with rich details (Programs)
No change (Preserve current configuration)

As Fidelizer Pro can apply permanent optimizations, I can apply full scale optimizations more than non-permanent effect one leading to deeper level of optimizations. For free trial purposes, you may consider checking out my previous free optimization tool LiveTuner here. It's for optimizing system to have better performance and some free Fidelizer users use LiveTuner with Fidelizer before upgrading to Pro which is focused on audiophile improvements version later.

https://www.windowsxlive.net/livetuner/

Fidelizer free version is based on Windows 7 optimizations with some maintenance for updates over time so it won't stop newer services found in later versions of Windows 10. It also has optimizations based on Fidelizer 5 which is out-dated by version 8's standards which sounds a lot better in Plus/Pro version. However, free is good enough for audiophiles enjoying free improvements and consider if it's worth upgrading based on free version's performance.

Fidelizer Pro version will have permanent system configuration optimizations involving kernel/RAM/processor tweaks developed from years of R&D to detect hardware configuration and apply the most suitable configuration for lowest possible digital glare for everyone's PC to sound closer to real sound. Pro version will also have more audio profiles allowing client to apply dedicated optimizations better such as Streamer audio profile for streaming to other devices or Network Renderer for audio endpoint device. You can read more about latest Fidelizer's major updates from here.

https://www.fidelizer-audio.com/fidelizer-8-0-released-big-updates-and-big-offers-for-nimitra-nikola-with-jriver-support/

I recommend you to try free version and see if there's audible improvements in your system before upgrading. If you find audible improvements even if it's subtle for your case, Pro version will definitely worth upgrading. So far there's no client sharing their disappointment with Fidelizer 8 Pro upgrade since release for over 2 years and I will continue to provide my services that way.

I hope this post will help you understand more about Fidelizer products better and feel free to ask if you have any other question. I wish I can demonstrate better but there's a lot of bits are bits people making digital improvements much harder to demonstrate and explain without getting flamed by them sadly.

Regards,

Keetakawee

thank you for your explanations it has brought a bit more light onto some things, i also forgot that i use process lasso with it mmcs tweaking options, and i/o priority options with profile saving, I think your solution is a great convenient option for set and forget maybe when i have a spare $80 i will give the pro a go (i have been using fidelizer from the very first version but stopped when the more important features where moved to the paid option(sorry))

thanks,

Mark

16 hours ago, Mark Labbett said:

thank you for your explanations it has brought a bit more light onto some things, i also forgot that i use process lasso with it mmcs tweaking options, and i/o priority options with profile saving, I think your solution is a great convenient option for set and forget maybe when i have a spare $80 i will give the pro a go (i have been using fidelizer from the very first version but stopped when the more important features where moved to the paid option(sorry))

thanks,

Mark

Glad to hear you find my explanation useful. My optimization has unique approach from R&D with ultra highend systems and Pro version has very important permanent system configuration improvements beyond MMCSS and common tweaks found in online. I'm sure Fidelizer Pro will bring great improvements on your system when you have $69.95 USD to invest on. For you you can try free solution and upgrade later at your convenience.

Regards,

Keetakawee

Chill guys. Answering his questions will help readers here understanding how Fidelizer works better too. I can answer him after I can make up time later and that's why he didn't receive my reply here in last month because I was busy with other things.

As many people here are also building DIY computer audio server with Fidelizer Pro and other software like JPLAY/AudiophileOptimizer, some may not welcome the idea of finding online tweaks and other tools to replicate what Fidelizer Pro can do themselves which is not true at all. 

I hope you guys will find my assistance in this community helpful and feel free to use Fidelizer software to improve your music enjoyment whether it's free or not. It's covid time so hope everyone will remain safe, survive, and happy listening. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

@Windows X Urgent!!! I did the latest Windows 10 update, and upon the necessary laptop restarting Fidelizer reported that "...is not built to run for this machine..."! Obviously I have changed nothing in my hardware, but still! Please help!

False alarm!!! Please ignore. On second reboot, everything worked fine!

Analogue: Michell Orbe SE,  SME IV, Van Der Hul MC10 special, Parasound JC3 (phono stage)

Digital sources: Sony SCD 1, Ayon S-10 II (network player / DAC)

Amplification: Krell KCT (pre), FBP-350mc monoblocks (x2)

Speakers: Dynaudio Evidence Temptation

Wiring: Atlas