IGNORED

How DOES the grounding boxes work?

3 minutes ago, plissken said:

Chris, is it possible for you to ban YashN from this thread?

I'm trying to manage competing interests. I have PMs from people asking others to be banned not only from this thread but from the entire site.

If everyone just takes a step back, and realizes this is audio not brain surgery, we'll be OK.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, wgscott said:

If you ground something, the electrons (which are negatively charged) flow into the earth.  If you have something that is electrically isolated and suspended in space, and not connected to the earth, it cannot dissipate electrons, so no current flows, and no grounding takes place.  This has nothing to do with something like Einstein's discoveries.  In the case of special relativity, Einstein offered a new interpretation of why Maxwell's Laws of Electrodynamics were invariant under a Lorentz transformation. Einstein did not change the laws of electrodynamics in any way whatsoever.

I'm not sure anyone could ask for a better answer without paying for it, and even then I'm not sure it would be better.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I heard back from Entreq today. Here is our email exchange. 

Hello Chris.

Nopp

Dont know how it have been done. He anyhow don´t use any of our cables.

All cables act like antennas. If you have right length, right metal , right area etc on the cable, you can pick up the most of  signals in the air, so ................

Perhaps any of the other brands, Tripoint, CAD, Nordost etc can help.

Best

PO

Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 3:41 PM

To: [email protected]

Subject: Grounding Box Adds Noise?

Hi Guys - Someone has posted measurements of one of your grounding boxes and says it adds noise. Can you comment on this or explain why this appears to be the case?

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/34650-how-does-the-grounding-boxes-work/?page=6#comment-694618

Chris Connaker

Founder
Computer Audiophile