IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

Very nice choice of components, must be a nice system.

\"It would be a mistake to demonize any particular philosophy. To do so forces people into entrenched positions and encourages the adoption of unhelpful defensive reactions, thus missing the opportunity for constructive dialog\"[br] - Martin Colloms - stereophile.com

Cool

However I am interpreting your smile on your avatar as this is not really completely true :-)

.. and the bits just keep on comin´./MacMini/iTunes/Spotify/E-DAC(ODAC)/SB Touch (for Internet radio only)/Marantz PM-KI Pearl Lite/ Amphion Argon1

View and weep...

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

Dude, I want your posters!

\"It would be a mistake to demonize any particular philosophy. To do so forces people into entrenched positions and encourages the adoption of unhelpful defensive reactions, thus missing the opportunity for constructive dialog\"[br] - Martin Colloms - stereophile.com

Klimax Digital Streamer in the middle

By the way, how do I get pictures within the message?

Digital Sources: Linn Klimax DS and Audio Note CDT3 + Audio Note DAC 4.1x balanced.[br] Analog Source: Clearaudio Innovation + SME V tonearm + Benz Micro LP S cartridge.[br]Plinius Tautoro Preamp. - Plinius SA Reference Amp.[br]Dynaudio Sapphire Speakers + Velodyne Ultra Subwoofer.[br]Powercords: Elrod Statement Gold.[br]Interconnects and Speaker cables: Kubala-Sosna Elation.[br]Dedicated Power lines for HiFi Stuff.

You use the HTML image tag, and get the URL by right-clicking the link of the photo. Since yours are big, you will probably want to re-scale them.

{img src="http://www.computeraudiophile.com/files/DSC_0006.JPG" width="400" /}

Replace { with < and } with >

You a shrink?

Klimax Digital Streamer in the middle

Somehow I lost access to my previous post, so I can not edit or delete it.

Digital Sources: Linn Klimax DS and Audio Note CDT3 + Audio Note DAC 4.1x balanced.[br] Analog Source: Clearaudio Innovation + SME V tonearm + Benz Micro LP S cartridge.[br]Plinius Tautoro Preamp. - Plinius SA Reference Amp.[br]Dynaudio Sapphire Speakers + Velodyne Ultra Subwoofer.[br]Powercords: Elrod Statement Gold.[br]Interconnects and Speaker cables: Kubala-Sosna Elation.[br]Dedicated Power lines for HiFi Stuff.

Wow!

Very good taste Manelus.

Extraordinaire i must say!

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.

System in basement family room (so I can listen in peace!) The components are as follows:

iTunes (AIFF) on Synology DS710+ NAS, plus Pure Music

Headless Mac Mini (SSD, 8GB RAM)

North Star Design 192/32 USB dac32

Oppo 83SE NuForce Edition

Rotel RT-990BX tuner

Clearaudio Champion Level II / Rega RB1000/ Benz Micro M2

Chris Johnson-modified PS Audio GCPH phono preamp

SimAudio Moon Evolution P7 and W7

Focus Audio FS-888 Signature speakers

ExactPower SP15A/EP15A

Wireworld Eclipse 5.2 and 6 cables, Starlight USB cable

Acrolink 6N-P4030 power cords with Oyaide P-004/C-004, Oyaide R-1 Receptacle

I'm really happy with the sound of the Mac/PM/dac32. With red book CDs it sound as good as, if not better than, the Esoteric X-05 CD/SACD player it replaced - certainly not an easy feat!

Many thanks to Chris and everybody else in this site/forums - I certainly read and learned a lot before adopting computer audio.

Michael

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Hey Manelus,

Gorgeous system!

Love to hear your comments on the AN 3.1 DAC.

Yes 2 people at least to move the Amp. !

That Plinius is great, bass control and all you can spect from a solid state, but sweet timbre :)

Audio Note is "King of timbre". Another concept, no upsampling, no filtering,..

Linn Klimax DS outperforms Audio Note only in large orchestra + HiREs. In chamber music I prefer Audio Note. Is the more "real to life" I've ever heard.

Here you have some info:

http://www.audionote.co.uk/products/digital/dac_3.1x_bal_01.shtml

Thanks for the info Manelus.

Yes I was fascinated by their concept of using transformers as an I/V device, and lack of filtering.

• 7 months later...

Hello guys,

Here is my setup. By far the biggest item is the room. We dug the basement by 3' 10 years ago so I could build a great music room. Primary purpose is 2- channels, with the occasional family movie.

There are no parallel surfaces, walls and ceiling are all at different angles. It sounds 3D and very holographic, especially with the V2 that have been a recent upgrade from my Martin-Logan SL-3 of yore...

Enjoy!

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

well, the rug did help to tame reflections. The ottoman is just, well, a nice piece of furniture... If I remove it after 10 years... My field of vision will not be the same, and I am sure it will impact what I hear LOL (notwithstanding the better half asking what by God have I done with the ottoman...)

Jacques

I just found out (I hope) how to properly post my pictures...

P1020435.jpg

P1020444.jpg

P1020447.jpg

P1020437_0.jpg

P1020438_0.jpg

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

• 1 month later...

the "black" components & speakers for watching TV & Movies

The silver components & brightly colored speakers for Music

Dieter

5702782090_c067292bf2.jpg

5702211979_64f5155d4a.jpg

5702782656_ac9649e009.jpg

Server HW: Custom PC: i5 2500K // linear psu's for drives - SoTM card - fans //silver SATA cables (DIY Audio: ppastudio)

Server SW: Win8 / Jriver / JPLAY

DAC: AudioQuest Diamond usb cable feeding ARC Dac 8

Amplification: DIY 6N Silver interconnects, DIY Tube Pre & Tube Amp

Speakers: Anti-cables // A100 from www.hornmanufaktur.at

ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT

Speakers: Martin Logan Summit X

Amplifier: Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Monoblocks

Preamp: Pass Labs XP-20

Digital Player: Custom Built Music Server W/3TB Storage

DAC: Bel Canto DAC3.5VB with VBS1 Power Supply

Media Converter: Wavelength WaveLink HS 24/192 USB to SPDIF Converter

Power Isolators: 2X Balanced Power Technologies BP-3.5 Signature Plus w/Teflon V-Caps

Adona Signature Custom Audio Rack

CABLES

Audioquest Carbon USB cable

Nordost Silver Shadow BNC Digital Cable

Bel Canto REF VB Cable

TARA Labs ISM The One XLR Interconnect

TARA Labs The ONE Speaker Cables

TARA Labs The ONE Power Cables

2 Dedicated 20amp Circuits

Planty of room treatments

My Dedicated 2CH System Gallery

Custom C.A.P.S. Reference Music Server with UpTone Audio JS-2 External Linear Power Supply > Bel Canto REFLink Asynchronous USB Converter > AT&T ST Optical Glass Fiber > Bel Canto DAC3.7 DAC > Pass Labs XP-20 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Summit X Speakers