IGNORED

Amir at ASR claims Uptone won't sell the ISO regen to him...

17 minutes ago, mav52 said:

Got to agree.  If a manufacturer has confidence in their product, what better way than have a third party with the necessary instruments "check it out".   Results are just that, results.

Alex specifically stated he is willing to have third parties evaluate his product and named some of them. 

He said he isn't willing to sell his product to Amir as he feels Amir made out of line (my phrasing) comments about Alex on his forum.  He also said he doesn't care if a third party sends Amir an IsoRegen.

So your point seems moot. 

"Results are results". The question remains, how were they arrived at and what do they mean, if anything. The answer to that question isn't always clear 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, mansr said:

Anything carrying the official USB logo is required to conform to the standard specification.

And I guess in some alternate universe that actually happens.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

12 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

No.  I looked for it and did not find it.  Neither did another person.

What makes you think the above, and do you have any connection with the business or principals?

They still do not have the guarantee on any other product pages (as of last night).

I have no axe to grind in this fight and do not use a USB connection.

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/iso-regen

It's right there in boldface. 

Maybe you are looking at an older version of the page in your browser cache?

3 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

A difference found in a double-blind test does not prove an actual improvement. It proves that there is a difference between A and B samples, but which one is better is based on the listener and their preferences and therefore is not objective.  

Consider the online survey where the majority of 150 listeners preferred a flawed MP3 lossy compression over the non-lossy original in a blind test using their own equipment. Over 55% of folks with high-end, expensive equipment preferred the sound of the less accurate recording and only 29% preferred the lossless version. Does that mean that MP3 is better? ;)

Today many people are used to listening to mp3 and extremely volume compressed recordings. Quite possible their standard of reference for how things "should" sound is actually something with worse SQ. When they hear a proper sounding recording they think something is missing. Having a high-end system  doesn't take this factor away. 

26 minutes ago, Don Hills said:

It wasn't a blind test. He knew which of the devices was in circuit at any one time.

No, according to him it was a blind test

1 minute ago, Don Hills said:

Firedog, if you mean a different post than this one, quote it. It seems clear enough. He didn't know why they were different, but they were clearly marked. Therefore, it wasn't a blind test.

We need Jud to chime in here. The post you quoted could just as easily be read to mean that the units were marked, but he didn't know which was which when he listened. 

15 minutes ago, rb2013 said:

PS Are there some forms of 'jitter' (digital distortions) that some folks find pleasing?  I wonder.

Yes. Several times I've read of tests showing higher jitter devices sounding better to some people than lower jitter versions. 

There can be euphonic jitter just like there can be euphonic analog distortion.

24 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Is there an correlation of the type of jitter with whether it is euphonic or dys-phonic?

21 minutes ago, AJ Soundfield said:

Where jitter level was directly correlated to the results?

I'm an AES member but not aware of such studies. Could you please provide a link?

In the studies that I have seen, listeners have been able to tolerate levels of jitter beyond anything found in "audio" devices, playing actual music. I would be very interested in what both you and Jud posited, though I'm unclear if the purported benefit of this audiophile widget is "better" sound via lower jitter?

Yes, directly correlated, but they were just manufacturer reports of listening tests of devices, or less formal measurements - not AES papers- of some "better" sounding devices that turned out to have higher levels of jitter than other similar devices. Don't remember the details, but isn't it known that listeners respond positively to the sound of some types of jitter?

2 hours ago, jtwrace said:

The study that I have from Harman on this is quite amazing but again nearly all people here would pass it off since it's science based. 9_9 

I really like Harman's work. They are one of the ew actors in the industry doing real listening tests and trying to understanding how we perceive what we hear.

In fact, now that you mention it, I think one of the places I read about listeners preferring the sound of more jitter in playback was in a Hartman report about testing they'd done. Maybe I can find it.

10 hours ago, mansr said:

Kind of like medieval medical practices. USB gizmos are the audio equivalent of leeches.

Terrible analogy. Leeches are used today in some of the most advanced medical centers of the world. Several therapies using leeches are accepted today

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3757849/

Try again.