IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

7 minutes ago, austinpop said:

@The Computer Audiophile

I like the new look! Change is good, and this is refreshing.

I do notice that when I click on any of my unread topics it takes me to the first post, not first unread. Still indexing, perhaps?

Looking at this now. Topic titles bring me to the first page, clicking on the time of the post brings me to the actual post. Trying to get the title to bring you to the first unread. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

Send me a link to that activity stream. Is it a custom one or standard?

Custom. https://audiophilestyle.com/discover/34/

Regarding unread... I notice I now have to click on the blue dot to the left of the topic link to go to first unread. The link itself goes to the first post. In the previous version of the site, the link itself took you to first unread.

1 minute ago, ray-dude said:

Chris, I get the motivations for summarizing notification emails (...) but any chance for premium subscribers to get the full contents?  I mainly keep up with conversations through email, and click through when I have something to contribute.  Alas, I'm having to click through on pretty much every notification (which isn't going to happen)

image.thumb.png.9cd2bec210bdb70f6d63b0e280c088d0.png

This was enabled by default with the upgrade. It's on my list to adjust, if it's possible. Seems like a major change to switch on by default. I'll do my best. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Custom. https://audiophilestyle.com/discover/34/

Regarding unread... I notice I now have to click on the blue dot to the left of the topic link to go to first unread. The link itself goes to the first post. In the previous version of the site, the link itself took you to first unread.

I see the same thing. I opened a thread on the vendor's site to figure out what's up. 

12 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Chris, 

Thanks for your constant efforts to improve this place.

A couple of things I noticed.

1. Post numbers have disappeared

2. The reaction bar ( not sure of precise name) is funky for me (Safari 12 on Mac):

106907657_ScreenShot2020-09-14at1_02_45PM.thumb.png.e56e97ed48ac46dace3d22247b31c1c3.png431458955_ScreenShot2020-09-14at1_02_34PM.thumb.png.176482988f43c6bd81e4c896375e3284.png

I’m working on post numbers. It sound crazy, but post numbers are a custom modification. 

Looking at the reaction bar now. 

2 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Wow, the first impression is - I was  blind, now I can see! All is much clearer now! 👍

I'm not a huge fan of the top two stripes (I dunno.. maybe some shading of the white background behind the AS logo.?) and the AS logo (not bad, maybe somewhat too.. feminine 9_9 for a site like this).

Was also my immediate reaction - the logo said to me, "Hey, I feel my feminine side coming out  ..." 😉

3 hours ago, kumakuma said:

Chris, 

Thanks for your constant efforts to improve this place.

A couple of things I noticed.

1. Post numbers have disappeared

2. The reaction bar ( not sure of precise name) is funky for me (Safari 12 on Mac):

106907657_ScreenShot2020-09-14at1_02_45PM.thumb.png.e56e97ed48ac46dace3d22247b31c1c3.png431458955_ScreenShot2020-09-14at1_02_34PM.thumb.png.176482988f43c6bd81e4c896375e3284.png

Can't reproduce this one. Perhaps it's a cache issue. 

9 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Hi Chris:

On the main forum page--the one that lists all the sub-forums--when you get down to the Sponsored forums, the logos next to both Sonore's and UpTone's forums are now lightened to the point of being almost invisible.  Anything you can do to fix that?

Thanks,

--Alex C.

Hi Alex, two things. 

1. It gets very light if you've read every post in that sub-forum. 

2. We can work with the logo a bit if you want this to be darker, but it will still be somewhat grayed out for people who've read everything there is to read in your section :~)