IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

As I posted earlier, I like the new CA.  

Things are are a little different but with little effort you can get what you are looking for. 

Sometimes, people are just not used to change. And somehow audiophiles are the most resistant to changes. :)

Meanwhile, is the search engine bots crawling the new site? Shouldn't that help fixing the broken links?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 1:15 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

It would work like this:

OP of a thread PMs me asking for moderator capability of his thread. 

I enable it for that single thread thread for the OP. 

The OP can then edit and remove posts as he sees fit. 

Certainly some pros and cons with this. 

I do not believe in censorship but OTOH sometimes the OP may want to keep the thread in a certain direction. Perhaps, giving an option to the OP to click a post so that the contents is hidden with a remark that OP has marked this irrelevant/offensive etc. Readers can always click on the unhide button to read the post in full. Nobody's post get edited or deleted and a casual visitors can skip reading the hidden posts. I personally do not believe in censorship. My 2 cents.

29 minutes ago, mav52 said:

Trust me, that doesn't work.

It will never work in subjective world but at least this is better than empowering the OP with editing and deleting privileges. You are just hiding the content marked irrelevant and readers have the option to click unhide and read or reply. 

It works well in the local auto forum where after receiving certain number of votes it gets hidden. 

I prefer the OP having an option to hide rather than leaving it to readers. Mr X starts a post. Mr Y makes a comment. X hides the post. Readers can still read them if they want to and they can reply to it. If majority of the readers feel the post shouldn’t be hidden or the OP was abusing his privilege than CA could remove the privilege from him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

There's a way to game everything. It's hard to run anything based on the small number of people who will always find a way. 

Let's do our best to find the best solution and ignore the people who must abuse things. 

It is all about being skillful at the balancing act. You are doing great!

Meanwhile, the reputation rank is confusing and shocking too. ?

• 4 months later...

@The Computer Audiophile Is it possible to lock the post from further amendments or editing once a has been reply posted?  This is causing some replies to be out of context. 

And, could you also lock the reaction button once a reaction has been recorded?  

Thank you. 

@phosphorein I saw your disagreement to one of my post and I agree it appears to be out of context. However, it was a response to another post’s reaction which has seen been retracted by the member. My response was overtaken by another response which now rendered my post seemed to be addressing the preceeding one.  

• 3 weeks later...

@The Computer Audiophile Is it possible to have a feature that allows notification based on users’ defined keywords?  For an example, i want read all new posts that mentioned the word “room treatment”. Whenever a new post under whatever thread mentions the word “ room treatment”, the subscribing readers will get the notification. 

Thanks.