IGNORED

iFi Audio iGalvanic3.0 - The Holy Grail of Computer Audio

45 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Here is some info for you rickca: https://en.zococity.es/ifi-igalvanic30

Thanks, that covers everything except whether it comes with a USB3 A=>B cable.  If not, I need to order one.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

If the Micro USB3.0 is any guide, the USB3 cable is included in that delivery. 

Hmm, the USB 3.0 B type spec is notably absent from the audiophile cable manufacturers. Looks like the cable that comes (fingers crossed) with the Galvanic will be it for a while. Otherwise, we will have to use a standard printer cable, help us all.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

On 8/15/2017 at 3:18 PM, AMR/iFi audio said:

Stay tuned, some big news coming up tomorrow!

So? What happened?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

Coming with a BIG Package

We were as dismayed as our customers that the iGalvanic3.0 launch was delayed. But the AMR/iFi way is to not launch a product unless we are COMPLETELY satisfied it is the very best it can be. If that meant missing out sales from pushing the launch date back, so be it.

Good things come to those who wait. And our Skunkworks has delivered. The iGalvanic3.0 (US$349-ex tax) is now on the launch pad. We have a special ‘thank you’ for our customers.

The pre-launch bundle will be priced at US$368 (ex-tax) as this includes the iDefender3.0 and iPOWER (5v). This means the iDefender3.0 + iPOWER worth $94 come for $19.

iGalvanic3.0 & iDefender & iPower.

1.thumb.jpg.feab466ac3edca08b9040cddb5eb6d33.jpg

This offer is available to those who pre-ordered and any further pre-orders up to the global launch date on 25 August 2017.

Note: this special package is for the first tranche ONLY. Afterwards, the iGalvanic3.0 will revert to the STANDALONE product of $349 (ex-tax).

With great performance comes great flexibility

Q - Why package the iDefender3.0 & iPOWER (5v) with the iGalavanic3.0?

A - Because our customers asked!

From the queries fielded, we saw the diverse combinations of computer audio systems and given the VERY broad range of setups, we decided to let you optimise YOUR system, YOUR way.

The following are four different combinations to maximize each and every system:

Configuration 1. DAC is self-powered.

Place iDefender3.0 & iPower at the PC side, disconnect the PC power completely. This reduces software jitter at the PC for better PC playback.

2.thumb.png.da493e2f26675468871b3a9c1b1f27c3.png 

Configuration 2. DAC is USB-powered (with HIGH power headphone output).

Place iDefender3.0 & iPower downstream of iGalvanic3.0 provides higher current than normal USB and lowers noise even further. Eg: DAC with 500mW+ headphone output

3.thumb.png.f059f47c94c3f5ec33519fce5c96e1b7.png 

Configuration 3. DAC is USB-powered (with normal headphone output).

Place iDefender3.0 upstream and cut-off PC power. Supply clean power for upstream side of iGalvanic3.0 & DAC. eg. iDAC2. (Try both sides of iGalvanic3.0 and stick to the side that sounds best).

4.thumb.png.a0e4ad58d3f1140717e23209f9276c4d.png 

Configuration 4. Use elsewhere, on external HDD

Lastly, use iDefender3.0 & iPower elsewhere (eg external HDD) as iGalvanic3.0 delivers essentially similar noise performance. Removes load from hard drive placed upon the computer.

5.thumb.png.284a02b9cdf01367308e3d08a7eae6f9.png

That's it... for now.

P.S. Here it is for the taking: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074TWFHNL

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

49 minutes ago, AMR/iFi audio said:

The iGalvanic3.0 (US$349-ex tax) is now on the launch pad.

What?  You said earlier that the price was $299.  See your post in this thread dated 3/24.  So your bundle offers $94 worth of components for $69, not $19 as stated.

Also, does the iGalvanic3.0 come with a USB 3.0 A => B cable to attach it to the PC?  If so, how long is this cable?

37 minutes ago, AMR/iFi audio said:

Lastly, use iDefender3.0 & iPower elsewhere (eg external HDD) as iGalvanic3.0 delivers essentially similar noise performance. Removes load from hard drive placed upon the computer.

Please clarify.  How does this 'remove load from hard drive placed upon the computer'?  Are you talking about the hard drive bus power requirements?

What do you mean by 'iGalvanic3.0 delivers essentially similar noise performance'?  The same noise performance as what?

21 hours ago, rickca said:

What?  You said earlier that the price was $299.  See your post in this thread dated 3/24.  So your bundle offers $94 worth of components for $69, not $19 as stated.

Also, does the iGalvanic3.0 come with a USB 3.0 A => B cable to attach it to the PC?  If so, how long is this cable?

Yes, the price increased but there's a very good reason why. We upped the ante by A LOT, we used better parts in several important areas and some we had to manufacture on our own. In the upcoming days we'll explain exactly what we did and why we had to. These changes, although costly,  make quite a difference.

Please clarify.  How does this 'remove load from hard drive placed upon the computer'?  Are you talking about the hard drive bus power requirements?

Yes, bus power exactly. 

What do you mean by 'iGalvanic3.0 delivers essentially similar noise performance'?  The same noise performance as what?

iGalvanic3.0 is on the same performance level in this regard than our nano iUSB3.0 (0.5uV noise floor), but below our micro iUSB3.0 (0.1uV noise floor).

9 hours ago, Janis said:

What about pair with iDSD black? Any benefits?

Yes, but not night and day difference. iGalvanic3.0 for iDSD Black Label is quite an overkill. You can put racing breaks and tires to a Prius, that's doable. But doesn't make too much sense:D

In the 3 different configurations you offered as options for iGalvanic and iDefender above, you did not show a configuration option for if you will use the iGalvanic with an IMicro USB 3.0?

if I was to use an iMicro USB 3.0 after the iGalvanic in a chain and the iMicro USB 3.0 is already using an iPower, do you still need or recommend using an iDefender and iPower before the iGalvanic? (This would be feeding a self powered DAC but that DAC does still require USB bus power

1 hour ago, AMR/iFi audio said:

iGalvanic3.0 for iDSD Black Label is quite an overkill.

So what do you think is an appropriate device to use with iGalvanic3.0?  

On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 5:31 AM, AMR/iFi audio said:

Coming with a BIG Package

We were as dismayed as our customers that the iGalvanic3.0 launch was delayed. But the AMR/iFi way is to not launch a product unless we are COMPLETELY satisfied it is the very best it can be. If that meant missing out sales from pushing the launch date back, so be it.

Good things come to those who wait. And our Skunkworks has delivered. The iGalvanic3.0 (US$349-ex tax) is now on the launch pad. We have a special ‘thank you’ for our customers.

The pre-launch bundle will be priced at US$368 (ex-tax) as this includes the iDefender3.0 and iPOWER (5v). This means the iDefender3.0 + iPOWER worth $94 come for $19.

On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 5:31 AM, AMR/iFi audio said:

P.S. Here it is for the taking: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074TWFHNL

Is the bundle package in the above Amazon website limited to delivery in some areas only, e.g. USA? I cannot order it for delivery to HK. This is sort of discrimination for customers in different area. Could you please kindly advise?

Hello.

I would like to ask some questions about the IGalvanic3.0 and the Nano IUSB 3.0, that I have with very good results.
¿If the two components have REclock, REbalance, REgenerate systems, which of the two is of better quality in this sense?
¿What reason would I have to get rid of Nano IUSB3.0, if IGalvanic3.0 does the same in addition to galvanic isolation?

Thank you. A greeting

Exact my situation: I've enjoyed my Nano USB3.0 for 2 months but right now unsure if I'd leave it in the audio chain, take it out, or replace it with Micro USB3.0.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

12 hours ago, simonklp said:

Is the bundle package in the above Amazon website limited to delivery in some areas only, e.g. USA? I cannot order it for delivery to HK. This is sort of discrimination for customers in different area. Could you please kindly advise?

Please ask your local dealer, there shouldn't be an issue.

3 hours ago, Quasar said:

Hello.

I would like to ask some questions about the IGalvanic3.0 and the Nano IUSB 3.0, that I have with very good results.
¿If the two components have REclock, REbalance, REgenerate systems, which of the two is of better quality in this sense?
¿What reason would I have to get rid of Nano IUSB3.0, if IGalvanic3.0 does the same in addition to galvanic isolation?

Thank you. A greeting

Our tech does not overlap in an obvious way, the difference is in how powerful it is and this varies from one device to another. For instance, both nano and micro iUSB3.0 have our proprietary 3 x RE tech, but micro does all these things better. The same story is with iGalvanic. Although it does 3 x RE as well, this is not its main function, galvanic isolation is. We simply added 3 x RE because we could. When we develop some tech, we implement it everywhere it makes sense to do so.

In short, iGalvanic3.0 does things nano iUSB3.0 doesn't and vice versa. These devices are complementary, even despite of the fact that some tech they share. 

So what do you think is an appropriate device to use with iGalvanic3.0?  

Every USB based audio device will work with it. It does not matter whether it's a small $150 DAC or a product of similar functionality sold for $50000. The real question is when it's reasonable to use it. You can fit racing brakes in Prius if you like, but is this reasonable¬¬

Here's a scenario that we think is very reasonable: picture a USB oriented $300000 setup. At level this high, it's very probable that even the smallest upgrade cost a lot of money, upper four or five figures. Probably even cables. Then iGalvanic3.0 jumps in and makes the outcome better. It matters not whether the improvement is big or small. What matters is that our ~$300 device can elevate the experience and for its asking price it doesn't hurt to try it out, no matter the setup value.

Thank you very much for answering AMR/ifi Audio. I'll think about it.

The question was rather, because I am currently combining a Startech extender together with the Nano iUSB3.0, iPurifier, iDefender etc. And I worry more oscillator quality, in case i could replace the Startech and the Nano, by the iGalvanic3.0 and improve this detail.

1 minute ago, Quasar said:

Thank you very much for answering AMR/ifi Audio. I'll think about it.

The question was rather, because I am currently combining a Startech extender together with the Nano iUSB3.0, iPurifier, iDefender etc. And I worry more oscillator quality, in case i could replace the Startech and the Nano, by the iGalvanic3.0 and improve this detail.

Our iGalvanic3.0 won't do nano iUSB3.0 job better. It will do less of its work and it will provide galvanic USB isolation above all else.

11 hours ago, AMR/iFi audio said:

Please ask your local dealer, there shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you for your reply.

I  have checked the website of the local dealer in HK, and cannot found this iGalvanic in their iFi product list, not to mention the pre-launch bundle package. They probably have not updated it yet. I have also give them a phone call to ask them about it. However, their staff even do not have any idea about this product, and has told me to check in their website.

In this case, could you please kindly advise how to handle it?