IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

18 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

You need to upload the license key again in 5.5.0 … the ip address changes every time you use a new release

I thought the point of using the USB dongle is that you don't have to upload the key each time?

41 minutes ago, steveoat said:

Problems with updating OS embedded to 5.5.

I am running HQ Player OS embedded off a usb stick.  I was running 5.4 and just tried to upgrade to 5.5.  I created a new image on a USB stick using rufus.  The OS loaded fine, but the fingerprint shows I am in trial mode.  I am using the USB dongle and did not remove this from the computer.  I simply took out the USB stick containing 5.4, replaced it with the USB stick containing 5.5.  I noticed that the IP address changed when I put in the new USB stick.  Everything was working fine with 5.4 and the fingerprint showed that I was not in the trial mode.  How do I fix this?  And, why would an upgrade change the IP address given that I am using a USB dongle?

FYI.  I went back to using the USB key with the old OS installed (5.4).  Everything works fine, and show that the software is licensed to me.  However, when installed USB key with the new OS (5.5), software is still in trial mode.  So there is a problem.

1 hour ago, steveoat said:

I thought the point of using the USB dongle is that you don't have to upload the key each time?

USB dongle replaces the computed hardware fingerprint with a USB device one. But otherwise license key file system is the same. With the dongle, you get a special key file associated with the dongle.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

28 minutes ago, Miska said:

USB dongle replaces the computed hardware fingerprint with a USB device one. But otherwise license key file system is the same. With the dongle, you get a special key file associated with the dongle.

So what do I have to do to make sure my dongle works with the 5.5 installation.  All is working fine on the 5.4 install.

45 minutes ago, steveoat said:

So what do I have to do to make sure my dongle works with the 5.5 installation.  All is working fine on the 5.4 install.

Reupload the key file you got with the dongle. If you used backup before switching over to 5.5 and restored the backup on 5.5, it should also work, as the key file is included in the backup.

37 minutes ago, Markus8 said:

@Miska Would it be possible to integrate a „CPU usage“ info in the web frontend? So users can see how much a certain filter etc is stressing the CPU? 

You can use for example htop over ssh to do that. I don't think this information is important. If you get sound without dropouts, all is fine. If you get dropouts, the load figures will be incorrect anyway.

1 minute ago, Miska said:

Reupload the key file you got with the dongle. If you used backup before switching over to 5.5 and restored the backup on 5.5, it should also work, as the key file is included in the backup.

Did this and all is good.  Thanks.

Hi Guys, one strange question:

Just noticed that my Roon plays forward every two seconds (like the attached video shows). 

I cannot hear latency or jitter though, but this is really annoying, and I don't know if they have impact on the sound quality.

This happened in PCM mod, I have not tried DSD yet, maybe later.

My setup also attached.

Anyone knows the reason?

1834797522.jpg

19 hours ago, Miska said:

You can use for example htop over ssh to do that. I don't think this information is important. If you get sound without dropouts, all is fine. If you get dropouts, the load figures will be incorrect anyway.

Well I think there is more to it, especially when trying out various filters and going for something that is not that close to peaking the device. If just a single field in the „main tab“ of the web frontend could be integrated that would be really helpful. 

46 minutes ago, Markus8 said:

and going for something that is not that close to peaking the device.

I just don't understand why this is relevant? You either hear that the machine cannot keep up, or everything's fine...

If you install for example minimal Fedora Server based HQPlayer Embedded system, you can have the web maintenance tools where you have some CPU load information too.

46 minutes ago, Markus8 said:

If just a single field in the „main tab“ of the web frontend could be integrated that would be really helpful. 

I personally don't consider it particularly helpful, I just see number of drawbacks.

In order to update any load figures, the page would need to be refreshing all the time. At the moment, it is loading only when you actually load a page and at other times it is absolutely quiet.

But maybe @Gato's ttv is something similar to what you are looking for?

1 hour ago, Markus8 said:

Well I think there is more to it, especially when trying out various filters and going for something that is not that close to peaking the device. If just a single field in the „main tab“ of the web frontend could be integrated that would be really helpful. 

This is just an example about what you can do on iPad using Split View (HQPDControl V4 and a ssh session using Termius)

… unfortunately HQPlayer Client cannot be used as it doesn’t support Split View 

IMG_3121.png

IMG_3122.png

Stefano

My audio system

2 hours ago, Miska said:

I just don't understand why this is relevant? You either hear that the machine cannot keep up, or everything's fine...

If you install for example minimal Fedora Server based HQPlayer Embedded system, you can have the web maintenance tools where you have some CPU load information too.

I personally don't consider it particularly helpful, I just see number of drawbacks.

In order to update any load figures, the page would need to be refreshing all the time. At the moment, it is loading only when you actually load a page and at other times it is absolutely quiet.

But maybe @Gato's ttv is something similar to what you are looking for?

On 3/19/2024 at 8:20 PM, Miska said:

If you like those filters, use the poly-sinc-gauss-xla (similar to sinc-MGa) or poly-sinc-ext3 (similar to sinc-Mx) instead.

The poly sinc filters perform a whole lot better than MG or Mx and sound to my ears even better. No reason why one should use MG or Mx. 

Hi @Miska

A small request for HQPlayer future upgrade (Desktop, Embedded):

Since the software has 7.1 Speakers and Convolution features already, please consider to add four additional channels to 7.1.4 layout. Speakers' distance compensation and level matching is the key of immersive music! The Convolution is also good for music lovers who don't need XO. Here I also suggest to change the channel sequence to L - R - C - LFE - Ls - Rs - Lrs - Rrs - Ltf - Rtf - Ltr - Rtr to match typical immersive music speaker layout. Thank you! El Guapo.

6 hours ago, chipvn said:

@Miska: it turned out that either HQPe OS or the mainboard got confused due to my CPU clock, power setting changing in the MSI Z690M motherboard Bios.

Physical Power cycling everytime after changing CPU clock, CPU PL1/2, CPU voltage will resolve the issue.

Thanks for the hint, I have the same mainboard. Could I ask you to elaborate on the changes you made in the bios? Thank you. 

3 hours ago, Sunny_Player said:

Thanks for the hint, I have the same mainboard. Could I ask you to elaborate on the changes you made in the bios? Thank you. 

I'm using my 12700K in passive cooling case so my settings are trying to get best balance between temperature and performance.

Therefore, my settings might not be what majority of active cooling users want to try, I think.

RoonROCK: NUC8i5 Akasa case > HQPlayer OS in HDPlex H3V3 case - i7-14700K > Oratek TOFU Raspberry Pi CM4  - Jussi's NAA OS > Holo Spring 3 L2 DAC with Preamp > DIY EL84PP amp > Snell Type E/III speakers

Ubiquiti EdgerouterX SFP / Sonore Optical Module / Linear Power Supply for all

@Miska with my nvidia 4070 I get some dropouts with the 7ec super 512+ modulator @dsd1024(ubuntu server, avx2 Version) and any filter although there ist sufficient vram available. Is this an issue of the gpu or CPU? I am using an i9 13900 k with 32gb ram. Settings are: multicore=1, ecores=pool, cuda=1. Thank you.