IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

On 3/12/2024 at 12:39 AM, maxijazz said:

Do i need to do something (in HQPlayer Desktop on Windows or in OS NAA) to get 6 or 8 or 16 channels flowing from Apple Music on Mac to OS NAA over USB then to HQPlayer Desktop on Windows?
Currently i have set audio:default/0/6 in HQPd but in MacOS i see "Playback Inactive" for 2 outs (= 2 channels) only.

What i am doing wrong?

You need to modify the device setup script at NAA side to present a 6 or 8 channel device instead of stereo. There's already a commented out line there for 12 channel case. See /usr/sbin/naa-start-uac-gadget.sh or /sbin/naa-start-uac-gadget.sh

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 3/11/2024 at 11:14 PM, Carousel said:

Aha! And the readme.txt really is just a text file on HQP OS. On my Ubuntu server it is a gzip compressed file, taking extra handling to get a view of what is inside.

Modern "less" can decompress it for you, but you can also pipe it through gzcat.

Hello Everyone,

I have been away from anything HQPlayer or Embedded for a long time and getting back to it again. Couple of questions:

What are now the recommended settings for DSD256 and PCM384 that I should start with?

I will be using Intel NUC with 1250p processor with 64gb of memory either as embedded or desktop. The version of HQPlayer is 4.x

9 hours ago, Miska said:

You need to modify the device setup script at NAA side to present a 6 or 8 channel device instead of stereo. There's already a commented out line there for 12 channel case. See /usr/sbin/naa-start-uac-gadget.sh or /sbin/naa-start-uac-gadget.sh

I have changed c_chmask to 63 and adjusted number of channels to 6 in networkaudiod.xml.
But it has got "worse". Now Midi setup on Mac shows 0-outs for Playback Inactive, so i cannot even choose as sound output.

Playback-Inactive-changed_-c_mask-to-63.jpg

13 hours ago, Miska said:

Modern "less" can decompress it for you, but you can also pipe it through gzcat.

I feel stupid because I have no idea what you just said.  🤪

QNAP NAS w/minimserver, iBuypower  i7 13700kf,  RTXa5000 24g GPU, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS minimal server, HQPe v5 x64 avx2, HQPDcontrol4,  HQPlayer Client iOS, mconnect playerHD, JplayiOS, Daphile on Asus PN-51-s1 (AMD 5700u) in Akasa fanless case, Snakeoil OS NAA/NAA image on Fitlet2 , Lampizator Big 7 MKII Balanced, Pass XVR1, Pass X5, Pass XA 100.5’s, PSB Stratus Gold(i)’s, Vandersteen 2wq’s.

On 3/14/2024 at 12:54 AM, maxijazz said:

I have changed c_chmask to 63 and adjusted number of channels to 6 in networkaudiod.xml.
But it has got "worse". Now Midi setup on Mac shows 0-outs for Playback Inactive, so i cannot even choose as sound output.

OK, no idea then...

2 hours ago, Gato said:

Under OSX, how to add an item to a playlist using hqp5-control: something like /hq/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 --???

You just specify the content you want. No other arguments needed.

You may want to ensure first that playlist transport is selected with "--set-transport 240"

1 hour ago, Miska said:

You just specify the content you want. No other arguments needed.

You may want to ensure first that playlist transport is selected with "--set-transport 240"

So: 

OK: /hq/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 --set-transport 240

but the following do not work: /hq/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 "/library#62d395482346180f48c7b424a3aeb7f3"

So can you please show a command line example of "specify the content" ?

2 hours ago, Gato said:

but the following do not work: /hq/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 "/library#62d395482346180f48c7b424a3aeb7f3"

Does such file actually exist? What does it say if you do for example "file /library#62d395482346180f48c7b424a3aeb7f3"?

It needs to be full path and filename the server can access. Or any other valid URI.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Does such file actually exist? What does it say if you do for example "file /library#62d395482346180f48c7b424a3aeb7f3"?

It needs to be full path and filename the server can access. Or any other valid URI.

The following file exist on HQPlayerOS: "/run/media/LocalLib-sda2/1958 - Art Blakey - Moanin Remaster - 2013"

• me@apple-mes-imac desktop % /Users/me/Desktop/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 --set-transport 240
  • me@apple-mes-imac desktop % /Users/me/Desktop/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 "file /run/media/LocalLib-sda2/1958 - Art Blakey - Moanin Remaster - 2013"
  • me@apple-mes-imac desktop % /Users/me/Desktop/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 --playlist-get                                                            
  • me@apple-mes-imac desktop %

Alas, nothing in the playlist yet

Thanks for helping!

1 minute ago, Gato said:

me@apple-mes-imac desktop % /Users/me/Desktop/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 "file /run/media/LocalLib-sda2/1958 - Art Blakey - Moanin Remaster - 2013"

You should probably take out that "file " part from the file name.

7 minutes ago, Miska said:

You should probably take out that "file " part from the file name.

me@apple-mes-imac desktop % /Users/me/Desktop/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 --set-transport 240                                                       

me@apple-mes-imac desktop % /Users/me/Desktop/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 "/run/media/LocalLib-sda2/1958 - Art Blakey - Moanin Remaster - 2013"

me@apple-mes-imac desktop % /Users/me/Desktop/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 --playlist-get                                                       

me@apple-mes-imac desktop %

to be noted: "/run/media/LocalLib-sda2/1958 - Art Blakey - Moanin Remaster - 2013" is an album / folder.

2 hours ago, Gato said:

to be noted: "/run/media/LocalLib-sda2/1958 - Art Blakey - Moanin Remaster - 2013" is an album / folder.

For me it works only with files, not with folders. Specify full path to track file.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

I am not sure what happened to my Embedded installation, but when I hit 'Apply' now it comes back and says 'Failed!' I found this is the log file that may help diagnose what is going on:

# 2024/03/16 21:21:16 clPlayerDaemon::SetConfiguration(): clFileIO::Open(): open(): Permission denied

I think I have seen others with this error, but I do not know how to proceed and fix things.

31 minutes ago, sledwards said:

I am not sure what happened to my Embedded installation, but when I hit 'Apply' now it comes back and says 'Failed!' I found this is the log file that may help diagnose what is going on:

# 2024/03/16 21:21:16 clPlayerDaemon::SetConfiguration(): clFileIO::Open(): open(): Permission denied

I think I have seen others with this error, but I do not know how to proceed and fix things.

Have you maybe edited the hqplayerd.xml with "nano" and not reset the permissions after that?

If you edit it with "vi", the permissions seem to be correctly retained. But seems like nano likes to reset the permissions which results in "hqplayer" user not having write access to the file.

I did edit the file with nano, but never had that issue before. Here are the permissions:

-rw-r--r--   1 root     root 13957 Mar 16 21:07 hqplayerd.xml

I actually thought I messed up the file and extracted a new one from your .deb install file. Same issue, "Failed!"

5 minutes ago, sledwards said:

I did edit the file with nano, but never had that issue before. Here are the permissions:

-rw-r--r--   1 root     root 13957 Mar 16 21:07 hqplayerd.xml

I actually thought I messed up the file and extracted a new one from your .deb install file. Same issue, "Failed!"

"chown hqplayer:audio /etc/hqplayer/hqplayerd.xml" will fix that...

@Miska:

I saw below behaviour on the HQPE OS 5.5.0:

I set ecores = filter via configuration tab in Web interface. The CPU load was distributed nicely on the P-cores and I can do 24/48 to DSD1024x48 with poly-sinc-gauss-long/AMSDM7EC 512+fs.

HQPEmbedded5.5.0_NAA_5.0.0_48K_DSD1024_ecores_filter_issue2_cr.thumb.jpg.36d51417c8fee205498bc6760db2a5d4.jpg

Every time I reboot the HQPE OS machine, the core load was distribute off-balance on the P-cores and I got dropouts every ~20s.

HQPEmbedded5.5.0_NAA_5.0.0_48K_DSD1024_ecores_filter_issue1_cr.thumb.jpg.045fde14c1586753463baef981b5334d.jpg

Open the configuration tab in Web interface and click appply (no need to change anything else), the cpu load was again ditributed nicely and I can run with dropouts free until the next reboot.

Not sure if there is anything I can check or adjust.

Thanks

RoonROCK: NUC8i5 Akasa case > HQPlayer OS in HDPlex H3V3 case - i7-14700K > Oratek TOFU Raspberry Pi CM4  - Jussi's NAA OS > Holo Spring 3 L2 DAC with Preamp > DIY EL84PP amp > Snell Type E/III speakers

Ubiquiti EdgerouterX SFP / Sonore Optical Module / Linear Power Supply for all

9 hours ago, bogi said:

For me it works only with files, not with folders. Specify full path to track file.

No luck for me this way, I must be missing something but what?:

• me@apple-mes-imac ~ % /Users/me/Desktop/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 --set-transport 240
  • me@apple-mes-imac ~ % /Users/me/Desktop/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 "file /run/media/LocalLib-sda2/1958 - Art Blakey - Moanin Remaster - 2013/02-Are You Real (2013 - Remaster).flac"
  • me@apple-mes-imac ~ % /Users/me/Desktop/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 --playlist-get
  • me@apple-mes-imac ~ %

• me@apple-mes-imac ~ % /Users/me/Desktop/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 --set-transport 240
  • me@apple-mes-imac ~ % /Users/me/Desktop/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 "/run/media/LocalLib-sda2/1958 - Art Blakey - Moanin Remaster - 2013/02-Are You Real (2013 - Remaster).flac"
  • me@apple-mes-imac ~ % /Users/me/Desktop/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 --playlist-get
  • me@apple-mes-imac ~ %
32 minutes ago, Gato said:

No luck for me this way, I must be missing something but what?:

• me@apple-mes-imac ~ % /Users/me/Desktop/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 "file /run/media/LocalLib-sda2/1958 - Art Blakey - Moanin Remaster - 2013/02-Are You Real (2013 - Remaster).flac"
  • me@apple-mes-imac ~ %

• me@apple-mes-imac ~ % /Users/me/Desktop/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 "/run/media/LocalLib-sda2/1958 - Art Blakey - Moanin Remaster - 2013/02-Are You Real (2013 - Remaster).flac"
  • me@apple-mes-imac ~ %

This one works perfectly: /Users/me/Desktop/hqp5-control.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp5-control 192.168.1.51 file:///run/media/LocalLib-sda2/dir/a.flac

Thanks for helping!

Problems with updating OS embedded to 5.5.

I am running HQ Player OS embedded off a usb stick.  I was running 5.4 and just tried to upgrade to 5.5.  I created a new image on a USB stick using rufus.  The OS loaded fine, but the fingerprint shows I am in trial mode.  I am using the USB dongle and did not remove this from the computer.  I simply took out the USB stick containing 5.4, replaced it with the USB stick containing 5.5.  I noticed that the IP address changed when I put in the new USB stick.  Everything was working fine with 5.4 and the fingerprint showed that I was not in the trial mode.  How do I fix this?  And, why would an upgrade change the IP address given that I am using a USB dongle?