21 minutes ago, Cornan said:

I am sending my TH900 to Forza Audioworks in Poland tomorrow and will get it back in a couple of weeks. A bit more expensive than I planned (€438) due to some additions (built-in micro sockets, dual Furutech tele plugs & better cable), but I am expecting to be thrilled when I get them back plus I will be able to change to single end or buy other cables if I want.

It will look something like this but with better and thicker black cables (Noir Hybrid HPC)! ?

FB_IMG_1494350653394.thumb.jpg.421dd60804bdc62f83c98d244ae4db90.jpg

May the Forz-a be with you soon!

18 hours ago, Cornan said:

Thanks Larry! Yes, I am aware of it. Still, I would prefer it without. I am not fully confident that I want that electrical circuit there when I am not going to use it. However, it all comes down to the Brooklyn DACs Vbus which I'll need to figure out in detail.

The Brooklyn DAC needs vbus for sure. At least mine did.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

8 hours ago, lmitche said:

I worked through all the combinations. The Regen was the best solution.

Just a question. Do you mean that you tried Brooklyn DAC with a Regen plus a separate 5v injection and preferred the Regen alone?

🎛️  Audio System  

1 hour ago, Cornan said:

Just a question. Do you mean that you tried Brooklyn DAC with a Regen plus a separate 5v injection and preferred the Regen alone?

As I remember, I cut the vbus to the REGEN and carried the vbus from the REGEN to the DAC with a hard adapter.  I can't remember injection of the vbus to the DAC having any impact.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

34 minutes ago, lmitche said:

As I remember, I cut the vbus to the REGEN and carried the vbus from the REGEN to the DAC with a hard adapter.  I can't remember injection of the vbus to the DAC having any impact.

Thanks Larry! I will check what works best when I get it. Might be a different result in my case since I am using unshielded USB cables with battery injection. I also have a unshielded Regen link with detachable power- and GND wires to try with my battery powered Regen.

🎛️  Audio System  

It may be better on battery in your set up on the 5V Cornan. You know i have the intona, but injecting 5v into the intona was a very nice boost using the LPS1.

I am keeping it until I can see if cleaner SI makes a difference with the Iso regen.

That's what the LPS1 is for with the up stream 5v....

If it does then the market will be flooded with intona's very cheap to pick one up.

Injection 5v battery made no difference... especially because I run my music on my phone via OTG. Into the Brooklyn..

Keep smiling you crazy Svenska..

Dave?

Oh 19 weeks now ..the wife is getting larger.... I joked does she want to lie down when it rains?

Just proving she has no sense of humour... ?

5 minutes ago, Middy said:

It may be better on battery in your set up on the 5V Cornan. You know i have the intona, but injecting 5v into the intona was a very nice boost using the LPS1.

I am keeping it until I can see if cleaner SI makes a difference with the Iso regen.

That's what the LPS1 is for with the up stream 5v....

If it does then the market will be flooded with intona's very cheap to pick one up.

Injection 5v battery made no difference... especially because I run my music on my phone via OTG. Into the Brooklyn..

Keep smiling you crazy Svenska..

Dave?

Thanks Dave! ?

I will have quite a few things to try in-house for the 5v feed. Except various battery packs I have the option of a truly floating PSU as well. Intona is nothing for me personally though since I am using unshielded cables (no 5v and possible without GND as well) and a Regen plus I am not pro active GI (prefer a passive approach).

Looking forward to give Brooklyn DAC and fully unlocked Tidal MQA a try. A full trial will not happen until I'll get my rewired (with dual Furutech 6,3mm tele) Fostex TH900 back in a couple of weeks. Until then I will listen through my plain vanilla Beyerdynamics p50t....but that will not keep me from tweaking the new MQA chain! ?

/Micael

🎛️  Audio System  

7 hours ago, Middy said:

Oh 19 weeks now ..the wife is getting larger.... I joked does she want to lie down when it rains?

Just proving she has no sense of humour... ?

*Haha* Trust me. The sence of humor ends around week 20. All they care about after that is to eat chocolate or what ever their stowaway and/or hormones tells them to crave. Anything unexpected will make them cry rather than laugh! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

6 hours ago, Middy said:

Forza do really nice cables. Nice guys in Poland...

Good luck as always Micael 

Dave?

Thanks Dave! ? Yeah, Mateusz (Matt) at Forza Audioworks seems like a very nice guy. He have guided me to the optimal synergy for the TH900. It ended up being the most expensive option ofcourse! ? He seems very knowledgeable and honest though. Now I'm looking forward to get them back.

🎛️  Audio System  

I got some time to finish off my AQVOX- Edward Scissorhands edition today! ? If you look closely you can see that did it a bit different to my D-Link DSG-105. Instead of running all wires to the back of the unit I made plug-to-socket connections. The first and the last plugs (socket 2 & 7) have short wires to the GND screw in the back. The red silver wire goes to the Entreq Minimus grounding box.

IMG_5959.thumb.JPG.7e3c3bcf9d0fd392ab5d7871e5ce636e.JPG

I will wait to give it a full try until my Brooklyn and Fostex arrives. My current Beyerdynamics t50p is simply not fit for the job, but it surely sounds better than before. Just got a notice that the Brooklyn was sent from Thomann/Germany today.  ?

🎛️  Audio System  

2 minutes ago, Cornan said:

I got some time to finish off my AQVOX- Edward Scissorhands edition today! ? If you look closely you can see that did it a bit different to my D-Link DSG-105. Instead of running all wires to the back of the unit I made plug-to-socket connections. The first and the last plugs (socket 2 & 7) have short wires to the GND screw in the back. The red silver wire goes to the Entreq Minimus grounding box.

I will wait to give it a full try until my Brooklyn and Fostex arrives. My current Beyerdynamics t50p is simply not fit for the job, but it surely sounds better than before. Just got a notice that the Brooklyn was sent from Thomann/Germany today.  ?

Brilliant this is similar to what I intend to do as well. It should reduce the noise floor   

5 minutes ago, mozes said:

Brilliant this is similar to what I intend to do as well. It should reduce the noise floor   

It surely sounds better, but I'll need a better pair of headphones to tell more details. It is aweful to listen to the p50t's when you are used to the Fostex TH900. I have'nt liked them since I bought them. Uncomfortable and quite dull sounding in general. I have them stowed away the past year and used them approx a couple of hours. ?

🎛️  Audio System  

18 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Håly schøt! 

Is that a daisy chain? Brilliant!

One starquad DC terminal block finished! ?

IMG_5960.thumb.JPG.dee3dc5e2b92e7aafa56c6cb4e0f07bb.JPG

I am still waiting for additional screw terminal DC 5,5/2.1mm plugs to be able to connect all the devices, but with "only" the Oehlbach DAC 40 Edition and D-Link DSG-105 network connected to the terminal and powered by the Gophert floating SMPS it certainly sounds better that Oehlbach DAC on Gophert floating SMPS and D-Link network switch on battery supply. This is without the DC terminal grounded.

IMG_5961.thumb.JPG.9a455fd94c3eceb4568f974d2165a1e8.JPG

Very promising indeed! ?

Note! The terminal strip will eventually be fastened on the top shelf facing down towards the equipment. It will surely look more neat than this in the end! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

5 minutes ago, Cornan said:

One starquad DC terminal block finished! ?

IMG_5960.thumb.JPG.dee3dc5e2b92e7aafa56c6cb4e0f07bb.JPG

I am still waiting for additional screw terminal DC 5,5/2.1mm plugs to be able to connect all the devices, but with "only" the Oehlbach DAC 40 Edition and D-Link DSG-105 network connected to the terminal and powered by the Gophert floating SMPS it certainly sounds better that Oehlbach DAC on Gophert floating SMPS and D-Link network switch on battery supply. This is without the DC terminal grounded.

IMG_5961.thumb.JPG.9a455fd94c3eceb4568f974d2165a1e8.JPG

Very promising indeed! ?

Note! The terminal strip will eventually be fastened on the top shelf facing down towards the equipment. It will surely look more neat than this in the end! ?

Looking very neat and it is a plus that it sounds better as well!

23 minutes ago, mozes said:

Looking very neat and it is a plus that it sounds better as well!

Thanks Moussa! It will be neater in the end. My only problem is that the TP-Link pocket router still refuse to cooperate! ?

I just connected the terminal to my DIY battery grounder, but cannot listen to it right now (due to family business). Next step will be to power the OTG power splitter via the starquad DC terminal as well...and ofcourse get that pocket router working to get the whole chain powered by the floating SMPS as intended! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

22 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Thanks Moussa! It will be neater in the end. My only problem is that the TP-Link pocket router still refuse to cooperate! ?

I just connected the terminal to my DIY battery grounder, but cannot listen to it right now (due to family business). Next step will be to power the OTG power splitter via the starquad DC terminal as well...and ofcourse get that pocket router working to get the whole chain powered by the floating SMPS as intended! ?

You have a lot of patience :) I would have already burned that router by now :)

3 minutes ago, mozes said:

You have a lot of patience :) I would have already burned that router by now :)

Beleive me,I am VERY close to flame it! ?

It is just almost impossible to find a good ac router or ac bridge which use 5v input that I'll need for this project.

🎛️  Audio System  

I found a solution to connect the ChromeCast Audio plus TP-Link TL-UE300 to the starquad DC terminal using a screw terminal USB A female plug I had in a drawer. With totally four devices powered from the Gophert it still only pulls 0,53 A! ?

IMG_5962.thumb.JPG.ea7ddd49fab6da95ddfe1776d8c323ff.JPG

With the terminal grounded I got just a few seconds to listen to music until it was bedtime for my youngest kid. Pretty promising seconds I must say! ? Tomorrow I will have a bit more time to judge during my morning coffee (30min) before I'll have to rush to work. 

🎛️  Audio System