2 hours ago, Cornan said:

This is actually quite similar to my observations when using DC blocker pre my main router. For example using the Axing DC blocker close to the router and the Supra DC blocker close to the service providers inlet was much better than the other way around. When I changed the satellite cable to a better one the Axing alone close to the router was better than both on each end of the sattelite cable and better than using the Axing close to the inlet. Anything pre your router needs to be carefully tested. It surely is a balance act to get it to sound optimal! :ph34r:

It is tricky and nothing is certain for sure but my ears are always my guide :)

45 minutes ago, Cornan said:

After some Google time I found an interesting solution from another owner of a TP-Link pocket router (TL-WR702N) with the very same symptomes:

Solution:
It turns out the solution, at least for me anyway, was to change the 'WDS mode' on the TL-WR702N to use '3 Addr' mode rather than 'Auto'.

I will surely give this long shot a try tonight! :) 

Why don't you just return it and get something else 

16 minutes ago, mozes said:

It is tricky and nothing is certain for sure but my ears are always my guide :)

Good ears are the best asset an audipohile can get. I do not know if you have seen or read the words in my profile picture? It is hided in the centre of the sound wave and is related to this subject! ;)

🎛️  Audio System  

8 minutes ago, mozes said:

Why don't you just return it and get something else 

Trust me. I have already started to look around for other 5v solutions. I just refuse to give up easily! ;)

So far the Asus EA-N66 is the best option, but as you know it could just as well be 12v. The main reason why I´ll need a 5v solution is to be able to try out all DC powered devices powered from the same Gophert floating SMPS. If not the whole experiment will be a minor failure! ;) 

🎛️  Audio System  

6 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Trust me. I have already started to look around for other 5v solutions. I just refuse to give up easily! ;)

So far the Asus EA-N66 is the best option, but as you know it could just as well be 12v. The main reason why I´ll need a 5v solution is to be able to try out all DC powered devices powered from the same Gophert floating SMPS. If not the whole experiment will be a minor failure! ;) 

Then you can them to replace it maybe it's faulty. 

5 minutes ago, mozes said:

Then you can them to replace it maybe it's faulty. 

I will if my last attempts with "3addr" on WDS and/or channel 36 on main router does´nt work I will just buy another one. For this small amount of money it is simply too much hassle to return it! :)

🎛️  Audio System  

28 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Whoa - congrats, Micael!!

Thanks Rajiv! ? I cannot wait! I will start with AC/DC power to see where that ends up when powered through my Peaktech2240 with DC blocker before deciding if I want to continue with straight DC power. It will be fun! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

1 minute ago, mozes said:

Congrats my friend, you will love it!

Thanks Moussa! I am absolutely sure I will! ? I will start slowly with 5v battery injection for Vbus and AC/DC power to see where it ends up. Did you ever compare AC/DC into a floating IT to straight DC power with you Brooklyn DAC? Even if it have a built-in SMPS it will be interesting to know before making further plans.

🎛️  Audio System  

33 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Thanks Moussa! I am absolutely sure I will! ? I will start slowly with 5v battery injection for Vbus and AC/DC power to see where it ends up. Did you ever compare AC/DC into a floating IT to straight DC power with you Brooklyn DAC? Even if it have a built-in SMPS it will be interesting to know before making further plans.

No I haven't done that. Too much hassle for me to test that, but I know that I am getting the best of it now.

I haven't been able to inject 5V from a battery to the Brooklyn hopefully you can do it and I will learn from you. I have the cables from EA to do that though but I will follow your lead here :)

9 minutes ago, mozes said:

No I haven't done that. Too much hassle for me to test that, but I know that I am getting the best of it now.

I haven't been able to inject 5V from a battery to the Brooklyn hopefully you can do it and I will learn from you. I have the cables from EA to do that though but I will follow your lead here :)

That makes the AC/DC path even more interesting to try! ? I will try my best to see what can be done with the Vbus. If it does'nt work with battery injection I will have to find another solution like the ISORegen. However, I think I would personally prefer a Regen without the galvanic isolation, but with the improved clock. I am not pro active GI. I am more interested in passive GI.

🎛️  Audio System  

26 minutes ago, Cornan said:

That makes the AC/DC path even more interesting to try! ? I will try my best to see what can be done with the Vbus. If it does'nt work with battery injection I will have to find another solution like the ISORegen. However, I think I would personally prefer a Regen without the galvanic isolation, but with the improved clock. I am not pro active GI. I am more interested in passive GI.

so when will you receive it?

3 hours ago, Cornan said:

Micheal, did you know one can disable the GI on the ISO Regen? There is a switch for that!

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

7 hours ago, lmitche said:

Micheal, did you know one can disable the GI on the ISO Regen? There is a switch for that!

Thanks Larry! Yes, I am aware of it. Still, I would prefer it without. I am not fully confident that I want that electrical circuit there when I am not going to use it. However, it all comes down to the Brooklyn DACs Vbus which I'll need to figure out in detail.

🎛️  Audio System  

A "sad" part is that I am most likely without my Fostex TH900 when I receive the Brooklyn DAC. I will send them to Forza Audioworks for a Noir Hybrid HPC recabling with dual Furutech 6,3mm plugs for a perfect match to the Brooklyn DACs balanced output. I might buy a pair of Fostex RP50-MK3 to use in the meantime. I have always wanted to hear how orthodynamic headphones sounds like. I just have'nt decided that part yet. Worst case scenario is that I will use my Beyerdynamics p50t while my Fostex's is on recabling.

🎛️  Audio System  

19 hours ago, mozes said:

Congrats my friend, you will love it!

@mozes

I think you told me this before, but I cannot remember. 9_9 What do the Brooklyn DAC use the 5v power feed for exactly? Is it for hand-shake only?

I wonder why you cannot use battery power as injection? If the Brooklyn only use it for hand shake purposes it should be possible to make the hand shake with battery power (if it is powered all the time and never disconnected in any way) and removed (including GND) when the hand shake have been performed.

🎛️  Audio System  

3 hours ago, Cornan said:

@mozes

I think you told me this before, but I cannot remember. 9_9 What do the Brooklyn DAC use the 5v power feed for exactly? Is it for hand-shake only?

I wonder why you cannot use battery power as injection? If the Brooklyn only use it for hand shake purposes it should be possible to make the hand shake with battery power (if it is powered all the time and never disconnected in any way) and removed (including GND) when the hand shake have been performed.

Someone mentioned that it is for handshake hand only and my current measurements confirm this. In my case, it works for a few seconds then the music stops, so I didn't bother with it anymore as the tX annoying design of input/output USB ports make it a hassle to change the wiring configuration I currently have.

1 hour ago, mozes said:

Someone mentioned that it is for handshake hand only and my current measurements confirm this. In my case, it works for a few seconds then the music stops, so I didn't bother with it anymore as the tX annoying design of input/output USB ports make it a hassle to change the wiring configuration I currently have.

Thanks Moussa! This would mean that I will be able to use the Teradak USB Y-cable with a battery (ie.a battery that is always feeding power, even when charging) and disconnect it from the battery when the handshake have been performed (ie. after a split second)..and lift GND after that if I'll want. That is great news! ?

teradak-usb-stromkabel_2.jpg

🎛️  Audio System  

I am sending my TH900 to Forza Audioworks in Poland tomorrow and will get it back in a couple of weeks. A bit more expensive than I planned (€438) due to some additions (built-in micro sockets, dual Furutech tele plugs & better cable), but I am expecting to be thrilled when I get them back plus I will be able to change to single end or buy other cables if I want.

It will look something like this but with better and thicker black cables (Noir Hybrid HPC)! ?

FB_IMG_1494350653394.thumb.jpg.421dd60804bdc62f83c98d244ae4db90.jpg

🎛️  Audio System