On 2/10/2018 at 8:31 AM, tapatrick said:

I finally received all the pieces and started to build my Sparky based Ethernet to I2S Roon streamer comprising the Sparky SBC > Ian's McFifo & McDualXO Isolator and rechecking boards > HDMI LDVS board > DAC

I saw that you're still trying to get Roon working with Sparky's I2S output, let's hope that could be done successfully

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/sparky-dietpi-roon-bridge-mcfifo-mc-dualxo-hdmi-lvds-module-i2s-streamer/38680

BTW, did you get a chance to check with Allo and find out how many regulators on Sparky could be replaced by LT3045?

2 hours ago, seeteeyou said:

I saw that you're still trying to get Roon working with Sparky's I2S output, let's hope that could be done successfully

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/sparky-dietpi-roon-bridge-mcfifo-mc-dualxo-hdmi-lvds-module-i2s-streamer/38680

BTW, did you get a chance to check with Allo and find out how many regulators on Sparky could be replaced by LT3045?

I've got it all showing up on roon server okay but no music yet. I've been in touch with Dietpi/allo and seems I need to adjust some code to get the Shields recognised. I got some weird sounds  playing through speakers last night which is some kind of progress... :)

I'm doing a crash course in Linux! Hardware adjustments and clock & reg replacement will come later, thats the easy bit!.. Thx for asking!

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

6 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Nice and handy gadget. It probably got a boost-and-buck converter inside of it so I would'nt havet any high expectations what it can do in terms of SQ. More of a practical swiss army knife. 

I completely agree. I tried this route to power my wireless bridge as against it's shunted SMPS, things sounded different, and better. So even if I don't finally use it, it's proved the impact of changing things about. (I'm putting a LPSU on it tomorrow, but if I wasn't doing that, I'd keep using the battery and gizmo for a while)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-02-13 at 8:23 PM, mozes said:

Let’s see, I only use Tidal all on the iphone with bluetooth in the car, so I doubt I can hear any difference with MQA or non.

I just got a Tidal MQA update on the Anroid tablet. So far it is only for LG V-series mobile phones but it does seem like MQA on Tidal app is just around the corner now! :) 

🎛️  Audio System  

3 hours ago, Cornan said:

I just got a Tidal MQA update on the Anroid tablet. So far it is only for LG V-series mobile phones but it does seem like MQA on Tidal app is just around the corner now! :) 

This is interesting!

2 hours ago, mozes said:

This is interesting!

Definately! It is about time MQA comes to Tidal app. I had to check out the LG V30 as well. It seems that it will actually make the final MQA unfold, so Tidal and LG V30 is a single package MQA deal.

🎛️  Audio System  

Today I installed my audio setup in another spot since I’ve got a Sony oled TV taking up most of the space originally intended for the audio corner.

C159323A-533E-4831-AA2E-69AF92208F97.thumb.jpeg.3ae00c36cfbb9bf71b8ae0a974d895b9.jpegD5370638-5A1E-46BF-9A98-2C4B32D29563.thumb.jpeg.be2e8bb12608d9cdd18caccf977a2636.jpeg

Not the perfect spot, but the spot that I have got. I just got my new cousy sofa and a couple of bits and pieces.

B6A9723A-F28E-4041-BE38-1A4F5FD30F2B.thumb.jpeg.1b2795ffd19d70f89b96639143e2d7e0.jpeg

Now I am just relaxing and enjoying the music for the first time since my move. It sounds really great! 

3E11A0A4-4443-49BC-B6CF-8DC4BC47F17A.thumb.jpeg.ea4667591a5fe273cefadbcf7faa22cb.jpeg

?

Don’t worry about the aquard TV bench. A new one is coming next week! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

9 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Today I installed my audio setup in another spot since I’ve got a Sony oled TV taking up most of the space originally intended for the audio corner.

C159323A-533E-4831-AA2E-69AF92208F97.thumb.jpeg.3ae00c36cfbb9bf71b8ae0a974d895b9.jpegD5370638-5A1E-46BF-9A98-2C4B32D29563.thumb.jpeg.be2e8bb12608d9cdd18caccf977a2636.jpeg

Not the perfect spot, but the spot that I have got. I just got my new cousy sofa and a couple of bits and pieces.

B6A9723A-F28E-4041-BE38-1A4F5FD30F2B.thumb.jpeg.1b2795ffd19d70f89b96639143e2d7e0.jpeg

Now I am just relaxing and enjoying the music for the first time since my move. It sounds really great! 

3E11A0A4-4443-49BC-B6CF-8DC4BC47F17A.thumb.jpeg.ea4667591a5fe273cefadbcf7faa22cb.jpeg

?

Looking good!

9 minutes ago, Cornan said:

?

Swede looking setup. Oops - I mean sweet. :D 

I love the Brooklyn IPA product placement!

@Cornan I am thinking of converting a sPS-500 that pumps out 5 amps at 12V into two separate PSUs where each can supply a different voltage with its own LT3045 board. I would need a 2Amp board x2 if there is anything like that.

What are your thoughts on this idea and do you know if the LT3045 board provides some kind of isolation so I can end up with “two separate rails” ?

2 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Swede looking setup. Oops - I mean sweet. :D 

I love the Brooklyn IPA product placement!

*LOL* ? Yepp, atleast very scandinavian since some of the stuff is Danish. I love Brooklyn IPA and do not mind showing it off! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

14 minutes ago, mozes said:

@Cornan I am thinking of converting a sPS-500 that pumps out 5 amps at 12V into two separate PSUs where each can supply a different voltage with its own LT3045 board. I would need a 2Amp board x2 if there is anything like that.

What are your thoughts on this idea and do you know if the LT3045 board provides some kind of isolation so I can end up with “two separate rails” ?

This is actually exactly what is in my pipeline right now. I have ordered the LPS-1.2 and a bunch of LT3045 boards to find out if this combo could possibly make a DC Y-split sing music for angels or not. I will report back as soon as I have tried it out. I also have a 5A LT3045 power supply on order that is a digital power supply only (PI filter at the output), but I do not want to reveil too much about this one yet since it is not yet finalized. I promise to let you know more as soon as this thing is official. I will compare it to both my dual Stammhem single ps combo and to LPS-1.2 plus/minus additional inline LT3045 boards.

If I would make a guess the LT3045 will improve a Y-split, but I prefer not to take anything for granted. I have also shunt regs with kelvin output on order, but they are taking like foreeeeever to get finilized. ?

🎛️  Audio System  

3 minutes ago, Cornan said:

This is actually exactly what is in my pipeline right now. I have ordered the LPS-1.2 and a bunch of LT3045 boards to find out if this combo could possibly make a DC Y-split sing music for angels or not. I will report back as soon as I have tried it out. I also have a 5A LT3045 power supply on order that is a digital power supply only (PI filter at the output), but I do not want to reveil too much about this one yet since it is not yet finalized. I promise to let you know more as soon as this thing is official. I will compare it to both my dual Stammhem single ps combo and to LPS-1.2 plus/minus additional inline LT3045 boards.

If I would make a guess the LT3045 will improve a Y-split, but I prefer not to take anything for granted. I have also shunt regs with kelvin output on order, but they are taking like foreeeeever to get finilized. ?

Very interesting, will wait for you to put it all together and do your comparisons. I have a few LT3045 1A boards that I should think of something to make them useful. 

12 minutes ago, mozes said:

Very interesting, will wait for you to put it all together and do your comparisons. I have a few LT3045 1A boards that I should think of something to make them useful. 

I promise to let you know as soon as I know. Do try the LT3045s in series everywhere. I am pretty amazed by the difference with series to singles when you add them all over the place instead of on single spots. In single spots they can actually make things worse, but everywhere they are amazing! 

🎛️  Audio System  

1 minute ago, Cornan said:

I promise to let you know as soon as I know. Do try the LT3045s in series everywhere. I am pretty amazed by the difference with series to singles when you add them all over the place instead of on single spots. In single spots they can actually make things worse, but everywhere they are anazing! 

You mean in series they are amazing everywhere?

13 minutes ago, mozes said:

You mean in series they are amazing everywhere?

Yes! With LT3045s in series with 1v drop-down between the boards. In some single spots dual boards could make things worse. Just dont mind that and keep adding more series boards and you will see/hear what I mean! ? 

This is the very reason why I suspect they will improve a DC Y-split.

🎛️  Audio System  

14 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Yes! With LT3045s in series with 1v drop-down between the boards. In some single spots dual boards could make things worse. Just dont mind that and keep adding more series boards and you will see/hear what I mean! ? 

This is the very reason why I suspect they will improve a DC Y-split.

Got you thanks!

Yay! I just struck a great second hand deal of 15 pcs Entreq Cat Foot isolation feets (my favourite feets), Transparent MusicLink XLR cable and QED Reference Evolution XLR cable for amazing USD270.-. A deal of a life time! Now I have got plenty of isolation feets and can go crazy with. Starting with my Gibson speakers! :D 

601536f8cde42cc8ace0645f580c25bf.thumb.jpg.692f3aa2d6a087fba7d3374e7daf1e8d.jpg

🎛️  Audio System