36 minutes ago, agladstone said:

They are very nice looking speakers! Enjoy them!

Thanks,  am enjoying them right now. A pity that I am going out for a couple of beers with friends in a minute. It will be fun, but I could sit here all night listening to music otherwise! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

1 hour ago, Cornan said:

I got the Gibson Les Paul 8 reference monitors today! ?

Here is some pictures to give you an idea how huge they are. Still they are bigger IRL. I could fit both of my Monkey Banana Turbo 5s plus ISO stands in a single Gibson box. ?

IMG_6948.thumb.JPG.5a9f07d53dd2948b88984e6a16b973fe.JPGIMG_6950.thumb.JPG.566612e3b5767593f3d2b48dc733bfc7.JPGIMG_6949.thumb.JPG.ed03015d292d12db6f121db6e719e496.JPG

I am not going to comment much on the SQ at this early stage, more than that they sound much better than expected right out of the box and they look stunning IRL. The pictures do not make them justice. Love the looks of them...and they sounds very promising indeed! 

More later! ?

Congrats! Enjoy the new speakers, it seems you like red :) 

1 hour ago, Cornan said:

I got the Gibson Les Paul 8 reference monitors today! ?

Here is some pictures to give you an idea how huge they are. Still they are bigger IRL. I could fit both of my Monkey Banana Turbo 5s plus ISO stands in a single Gibson box. ?

IMG_6948.thumb.JPG.5a9f07d53dd2948b88984e6a16b973fe.JPGIMG_6950.thumb.JPG.566612e3b5767593f3d2b48dc733bfc7.JPGIMG_6949.thumb.JPG.ed03015d292d12db6f121db6e719e496.JPG

I am not going to comment much on the SQ at this early stage, more than that they sound much better than expected right out of the box and they look stunning IRL. The pictures do not make them justice. Love the looks of them...and they sounds very promising indeed! 

More later! ?

They look vers, very nice :) And great deal too. Looking forward to A review :)

I think it's great, that it has A 8 " woofer. DI you have any intention to put them on stands in your new apartment?

By the way I enjoy The QED Reference Audio 40 more and more day by day.

2 hours ago, Monge said:

They look vers, very nice :) And great deal too. Looking forward to A review :)

I think it's great, that it has A 8 " woofer. DI you have any intention to put them on stands in your new apartment?

By the way I enjoy The QED Reference Audio 40 more and more day by day.

Thanks Monge! ?

Yes I will put them on stands in my new appartment in Feb. I am in the lookout for suitable nice looking and good quality stands, so please let me kniw if you have any suggestions in the <EUR300 range.

Great to hear that you enjoy the QEDs! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

59 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Thanks Monge! ?

Yes I will put them on stands in my new appartment in Feb. I am in the lookout for suitable nice looking and good quality stands, so please let me kniw if you have any suggestions in the <EUR300 range.

Great to hear that you enjoy the QEDs! ?

Maybe some stands like these:

http://www.atacama-audio.co.uk/c/speaker-stands_sl-series-professional-speaker-stands

I think your speakers need a quite big topplate.

Regards Monge

Luxury! I got roughly five hours all alone this evening. I started right away to dig out my Auralex Mo-PADs from the storage and put them under my Gibson Les Paul 8 for both isolation and to toe down the tweeters to ear levels.

IMG_6951.thumb.JPG.b7e8f1c334343f602c76573286df04b8.JPGIMG_6952.thumb.JPG.ff6f97d88d7be8522231a12293217581.JPG

Much better! ? The tweeters really needs to be properly leveled and the isolation works wonders for the low end bass and overall fluidy. It sounds really great now. I don't think I have heard a couple of speakers having such smooth and easy listening sound. A very relaxed performance which I like a lot. Very easy to be drawn into the music and completely forgetting about the speakers. The 8" woofer is making my skin vibrate without and noticable port shuffles or distortions of any kind. Looking good! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

On 1/4/2018 at 11:25 AM, Cornan said:

Awesome, thanks for sharing your impressions with the SR4 here Patrick! ?

As you know I am interested in SR4 or sPS-500. Before I decide I want to see how it goes with Gophert & Stammheim's 3A single ps powering my Brooklyn DAC. To be honest I think I might stay with the Gophert, but it remains to be heard IRL. The single ps have been sent out so I will probably receive my two single ps (the other one for my router) by next week. The Gibson LP8 reference monitors will arrive tomorrow! ?

The Decware UFO is true eye candy masterpieces! I must admit that I am even more jealous of them than I am on your SR4 or PS Audio Junior. Truly awesome stuff! ?

Interesting that you prefer the WaveIO board with I2S/HDMI to BluWave with Spdif. I have always been a bit sceptical to HMDI cables but positive to I2S. A bit of a mind crash to hear your report I must admit! ?

Enjoy! ?

Wondering...anyone with any experience with the Singxer SU-1 to compare to thie WaveIO board?

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

10 minutes ago, Forehaven said:

Wondering...anyone with any experience with the Singxer SU-1 to compare to thie WaveIO board?

Sorry, not me. I only have the Luckit BluWave and have never tried the Singer SU-1. The only one I know that might know this is @tapatrick. He have made some new interesting findings with the WaveIO board as he posted recently on this thread.

🎛️  Audio System  

On 06/01/2018 at 3:46 PM, Cornan said:

....pity that I am going out for a couple of beers with friends in a minute. It will be fun, but I could sit here all night listening to music otherwise! ?

Well beer is the next best thing ?

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

23 hours ago, Cornan said:

.... please let me kniw if you have any suggestions....

I made great speaker stands from solid oak beams, with spikes on bottom - a bit diy but a wonderful result, very solid, heavy and customisable... cost approx £120

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

2 hours ago, Cornan said:

Sorry, not me. I only have the Luckit BluWave and have never tried the Singer SU-1. The only one I know that might know this is @tapatrick. He have made some new interesting findings with the WaveIO board as he posted recently on this thread.

I have not compared them but WaveIO with I2S into my PS Audio Junior is magic. (I will now get the clocks upgraded on my WavIO to match the BluWave board which is also incredible quality and value). 

Personally I would also be curious to compare the new Sonore ultra digital with the WavIO as well as the SU1. 

21 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

I made great speaker stands from solid oak beams, with spikes on bottom - a bit diy but a wonderful result, very solid, heavy and customisable... cost approx £120

Nice, you gotta be very handy with wood too! Do you have a picture to show?

So far I am leaning against the Dynaudio stand 6...but I am still looking for other options! ?C7E23363-ED98-4579-BC17-3BE490D08A49.thumb.jpeg.516c55c21d1bd0f3fb1de65b1fadfeb0.jpeg

🎛️  Audio System  

1 minute ago, Cornan said:

Do you have a picture to show?

So far I am leaning against the Dynaudio stand 6...but I am still looking for other options! ?

Am travelling but will post pic tomorrow  ?

23 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Nice, you gotta be very handy with wood too! Do you have a picture to show?

So far I am leaning against the Dynaudio stand 6...but I am still looking for other options! ?C7E23363-ED98-4579-BC17-3BE490D08A49.thumb.jpeg.516c55c21d1bd0f3fb1de65b1fadfeb0.jpeg

The Dynaudio stand 6 is great. My lokal hi-fi pusher use those stands for demonstration of smaller speakers. But i think they are a little to High for the Gibson LP8, if you want the tweeters In Ear level.

Regards Monge

26 minutes ago, Monge said:

The Dynaudio stand 6 is great. My lokal hi-fi pusher use those stands for demonstration of smaller speakers. But i think they are a little to High for the Gibson LP8, if you want the tweeters In Ear level.

Regards Monge

I am not worries about the height. The Dynaudio stand 6 is 60cm and I have measured the distance from the bottom of the Gibson to the center of the tweeters to roughly 36cm. This makes it about 96cm which is pretty optimal. The top plate is a perfect size as well. I could always adjust the angel if needed. Anyway, still looking for other options! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

21 minutes ago, Monge said:

Ok. I’m sure you’ll find other options for stands if you need some which are 60 cm tall.

And thanks for sharing your first impressions with the LP8  :)

Regards Monge

While looking for speaker stands I stumbled across the IsoAcoustics ISO-PUCK http://www.isoacoustics.com/iso-puck/ 

isoacoustics-Iso-puck.thumb.png.935cbb4a46d66306f30d0cdee7497def.png

Looks very interesting to these eyes! ? However, if I want to use three of them under the speakers (on the top plate) and the Soundcare Superpikes under the speaker stands as I have planned I'll better look for a 50cm stand instead of 60cm. Hmmm? ?

186990_2.thumb.jpg.3d82f9303fdf28eff1dc2fd554fede4c.jpg

🎛️  Audio System  

10 minutes ago, Monge said:

Maybe one of these

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/atacama-moseco-5-speaker-stands-pair

You Can get a bigger topplate too.

Wow, thanks a lot Monge! I have not seen these Atacama MOSECO 5 stands before. The bamboo base and option for bigger top plate makes them a very interesting choise indeed! ??

🎛️  Audio System  

3 hours ago, tapatrick said:

I have not compared them but WaveIO with I2S into my PS Audio Junior is magic. (I will now get the clocks upgraded on my WavIO to match the BluWave board which is also incredible quality and value). 

Personally I would also be curious to compare the new Sonore ultra digital with the WavIO as well as the SU1. 

That Would be an interesting comparison.  please let us know if you ever get the chance ;)

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

2 hours ago, Cornan said:

While looking for speaker stands I stumbled across the IsoAcoustics ISO-PUCK http://www.isoacoustics.com/iso-puck/ 

isoacoustics-Iso-puck.thumb.png.935cbb4a46d66306f30d0cdee7497def.png

Looks very interesting to these eyes! ? However, if I want to use three of them under the speakers (on the top plate) and the Soundcare Superpikes under the speaker stands as I have planned I'll better look for a 50cm stand instead of 60cm. Hmmm? ?

186990_2.thumb.jpg.3d82f9303fdf28eff1dc2fd554fede4c.jpg

Check their Gaia feet, made for speakers. I auditioned them in a show and they work very well. Tighter bass, cleaner vocals and focused image.

you may only need the smallest Gaia 3