IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

9 minutes ago, Confused said:

So maybe something is brewing, or maybe the "pro MQA" contingent is simply getting a little panicky and going in for a final battle?

Perhaps so. But it seems too coordinated and the language seems too carefully crafted.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

On 6/2/2021 at 5:08 PM, John_Atkinson said:

Not at all. Having worked in audio magazine publishing for 45 years, I strongly believe that if you are going to publish opinions and test results that may result in financial consequences for those whom you write about, you must do so using your actual name. With one exception - an exception that was agreed to before I joined the magazine - every contributor to Stereophile signs his work with his real name.

John Atkinson
Technical Editor, Stereophile

I admire your ethical standards.

For the sake of full disclosure and openness, could you answers the following questions.

During your tenure at Stereophile, what percentage of the market did Meridian hold?

During your tenure at Stereophile, how many reviews were made of Meridian equipment?

What is your relationship with Bob Stuart?

This will help the audiophile to make an honest assessment of the value of your pronouncements on things related to Bob Stuart.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

I was a subscriber to Stereophile from the early days of JGH. I read TAS when there was something that particularly interested me, but I did not subscribe to it. They were enthusiast's publications.

Stereophile turned into a business. Every month there was a three, four, or five page review of the next best thing, full of hyperbole. It became obvious to me that the purpose of Stereophile was to create "churn" in the market and sell ad space. I let my subscription run out in the mid 90's.

A few years back, when I was looking for a new pre-pro, I read Kal's reviews, because I respect his opinion.

I have not even looked at anything on Stereophile in recent times.  Mr. Atkinson's support of the MQA scheme has completely poisoned my opinion.

Stereophile is a business. I would not consider it an enthusiast's publication. It made a business decision to support the MQA scheme.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook