IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

23 minutes ago, Fx Studio said:

That's the big difference that allows the MQA time smearing correction to be easily heard. 

Bullshit, and yet another call to authority using the Alcons Audio good name to somehow equate that systems' performance (in 2014) with that of MQA's supposed ability to eliminate time smear.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

1 hour ago, Fx Studio said:

So actually you have no real evidence except Golden Sounds highly flawed test.

You've just proven that you haven't ever read any appreciable portion of this thread, nor actually researched anything at all, here or otherwise.

1 hour ago, JoeWhip said:

So, you come on here spouting nonsense and it up to folks here to debunk you? Ignore you is more appropriate. 

Exactly, complete nonsense earns a spot the ignored member list.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

26 minutes ago, Spike Kasperak said:

Unless I missed, it seems MyTek has dumped MQA. Does not seem to be Trojan Horsed on to this product:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/mytek-digital-brooklyn-bridge-ii-roon-core-preamplifier

No apologies to customers, no mention of how MQA is no longer available. How humiliating. I would never spend a Euro with this company.

Interesting in that there appears to be some conscious distancing there, however once digging down a bit on the Mytek product listing, it does appear:

SPECS

Brooklyn Bridge 2 is all in-one Roon Core Streamer + excellent DSD/MQA DAC+ Analog (w/Phono) and Digital Preamp and a high-end headphone amplifier in a compact, modern beautiful chassis.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, firedog said:

I also think that as a hi-fi company, they won't be able to convince their competitors to work with them and give them proprietary info about their products. 

I even assume some companies will now take MQA OUT of their products for just this reason.

That's a good point and originally I was thinking about that the other way around, i.e. would Lenbrook wish to continue licensing MQA to other CE manufacturers who are effectively their competitors? Upon further refection it's probably a bigger concern for those current CE manufacturer MQA license holders that they are now going to be handing their product details to a direct competitor. I suspect many will not want to do that unless Lenbrook relaxes that requirement. 

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

6 hours ago, Fx Studio said:

"We are excited to have the opportunity to clarify the narrative and build on the technology in ways that can better demonstrate [MQA's] true value"

So far they've clarified nothing, and spewed the very same time smear correction BS and advanced sampling theory based on neuroscience garbage as usual, just like you do.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

22 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

Does this sound system contain copious amounts of mind altering drugs? Wondering for a friend.

Actually now that you mention it, Fx forgot to stipulate that smoking ayahuasca to the point of hallucination is another prerequisite, along with the PA ribbons and light show.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

1 hour ago, Fx Studio said:

a professionally written test report

Have you provided any professionally written test reports that back your fantastic claims of MQA's time smear correction capability (hint: thats a yes/no question)?

If yes, exactly whose tests were you reporting on?

Related to the above, how many professionally written test reports have MQA ever provided that back up or illustrate their various marketing claims, including the above mentioned correction of so-called time smear?

Besides MQA themselves, how many professionally written test reports backing the claim of time smear correction have been produced by 3rd parties? Cite examples please.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, firedog said:

Doubt it has much to do with Lenbrook. More likely they just see that MQA is dead, and no reason to pay the licenseing fee and up the price of the product for something useless. 

And Topping priviously sold 2 versions of the same DAC - one with and one without MQA - the non MQA one was about $100 cheaper. 

Maybe it sold better, and that told them something?

While I'm sure that companies like Topping started making their plans to drop MQA as soon as they went into administration (or even earlier), certainly the clincher in deciding what to do is influenced in some way by the fact that MQA is now owned by a competitor consumer electronics manufacturer. Sending a competitor money, or even worse sharing your hardware design details with them (as MQA had previously mandated) is going to be a non-starter, to the extent that I bet we'll shortly only see Lenbrook products with MQA onboard and not much of anything else.

I would think the previous version without MQA at $100 less would definitely have sold better, but it's hard to say when you consider all of the rampant cheerleading that MQA got from the trade press, and even the owner of the science-ish site, that probably unduly influenced some buying decisions.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

18 hours ago, bogi said:

Are you sure that even that is going to happen?

EDIT:

Information from Lebbrook IMO indicates their interest about MQA know how but not about current form of MQA as a product: https://lenbrook.com/lenbrook-extends-leadership-in-hi-res-audio-with-mqa-acquisition/

Definitely not sure of that at all, I'm guessing the wireless headphone collaboration with Sonical will see the light of day in early 2024, and I'd seen rumors that another PSB branded 2.1 wireless speaker system was already planned or in development, so that too might come to be, but both might end up being some sort of SCL6 implementation which does not by default require MQA encoded source material.

If so, then it would appear the sun has certainly set on MQA unless a new streaming partner can be found, or their deal with TIDAL can be resuscitated (seems unlikely).

19 hours ago, bogi said:

Topping mentions ES9039SPRO in D90 III product specs and their picture shows it

I noticed that and yet absolutely no mention of MQA in the marketing blurb, so either they are intentionally dodging the subject now, or perhaps they have used a chipset version that would allow for a firmware update to enable MQA in the future should that ever become a need.

One thing is for sure, no big fat MQA logo right on the front panel as with the previous D90SE.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 3 weeks later...