IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

On 5/25/2021 at 11:46 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I would've loved to hear facts from them. I had no agenda either way. I also wanted to LOVE mQa. If the company could've given me some facts and backed up its claims, I would still be arguing for the implementation of mQa by every company and record label. I love music. I love good sounding music. I love technology than can bring the two together. Heck, I started a website based on this entire concept! mQa would've been great for business if it was real.

100%

Q is trying to rewrite history and @John_Atkinson is upvoting his posts. 

Hi Q, There is no need for a defense. This is all about bringing information to light. 

I'm not a victim, and would never claim to be one. Key Forsythe and Mike Jbara acted like children during my presentation. They only fueled the anti-mQa fire by doing so. If those two only knew how many people in the industry thanked me and still come up to me today to talk about how much they despise mQa, they may change their strategies. I've had people tell me they will never do business with JBara because of how he acts. Even if they were on the fence about implementing mQa, it's totally off the table because doing business with certain people only makes one's life harder. 

I didn't miscalculate anything. I gave the seminar an accurate title. 

So people are supposed to applaud Forsythe and Jbara for waiting ten whole minutes before they turned into petulant children?

There really is much more that all audio publications do other than talk about mQa. However, when someone is an anti-vaxxer, I won't take much medical advice from them. Same goes for mQa and audio. A writer that can't talk truthfully about mQa is someone that I can't believe about anything else. And by truthfully, I mean the whole truth. Not cherry picking pieces. 

Speaking of Q, look at the tactics that have been used by mQa over the years. If you don't see similarities, you aren't looking hard enough. It isn't just me seeing this. I have communications from people, unsolicited, that can't believe the striking similarities in how mQa acts and how the previous Q-supporting administration acted. 

Knowing how mQa operates, I find no coincidence in the recent posts and support by JA of your posts. 

The lack of consumer advocacy by the old guard blows my mind. 

I have just watched the RMAF video and Im frankly gobsmacked at the MQA employees behaviour.  They clearly had no technical defense of the points being raised so resorted to irrelevancies and interruptions to attempt to derail your presentation.

I think if you are in that situation again there is one simple response that will stop them in their tracks.  Doint getinvolved in any debate, just ask them to provide an MQA encoder for you (other industry experts) to use to evaluate MQAs performance.  Hold their feet to the fire, close down the blustering responses they will give.  If they are not prepared and demonstrate that MQA does what they claim and not what we know it does, then by default all the concerns and criticisms have been proven.

3 hours ago, jparvio said:

I Agree but this is not about me or my opinion alone. It would help enormously if the Audiophile Press was pushing for the truth as one, don't You think? From time to time it looks like MQA is not even fighting it's own battle and that hurts.  

Oh of course, but is it that simple?  There are potential conflicts of interest.  Not pointing to any publication and speaking generally, a hifi magazine may carry adverts from a dac manufacturer who is pro MQA.  There may be personal/professional relationships and so on.   Some of the hifi press / magazines are just advertising platforms

BTW our Finnish Spitz dogs Kimi ans Oona say hello, well woof 😉