IGNORED

Attention Cary Audio: Enough With the Emails Already.

In the last 26 days I've received 19 marketing emails from Cary Audio. Sometimes the company sends two per day. Anyone else getting these?

I like Cary products and want to see what the company is releasing, so I don't unsubscribe. But, seriously, I wish the marketing person would chill a bit.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

In the last 26 days I've received 19 marketing emails from Cary Audio. Sometimes the company sends two per day. Anyone else getting these?

I like Cary products and want to see what the company is releasing, so I don't unsubscribe. But, seriously, I wish the marketing person would chill a bit.

I agree. I purchased their headphone amp three years ago and I was swamped with emails. I finally unsubscribed. I'm not sure why an audiophile company would do this because it seems so counterproductive. It reminds me of the companies that still advertise their products using photos of half naked women as bait. Do they think this really works?

Furthermore, as I recall, many of the Cary's emails were advertising "deals" on blemished goods. I'm sure their retailers really appreciate that. Perhaps they have no retailers left.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

I agree. I purchased their headphone amp three years ago and I was swamped with emails. I finally unsubscribed. I'm not sure why an audiophile company would do this because it seems so counterproductive. It reminds me of the companies that still advertise their products using photos of half naked women as bait. Do they think this really works?

Furthermore, as I recall, many of the Cary's emails were advertising "deals" on blemished goods. I'm sure their retailers really appreciate that. Perhaps they have no retailers left.

They've alienated many retailers by going to the "direct" model as well as dealers, where you don't have to order from a dealer. I got this directly from a disgruntled dealer.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Its Christmas Chris, hey I'm getting 3 emails from Nikon each day on sales for the holidays. .

The Truth Is Out There

I follow them on twitter and they are posting a lot about there holiday specials

Don't understand the whole Xmas gifts crap.

Why the fuck buy presents during Xmas or even fucking worse tnx giving. Get over that bullcrap already. Any company that has xmas or tnx giving sales specials loses my respect.

IMHO a proper company of whatever products does not do stupid shit like xmas specials. If you have a product at a certain price. Just stick with that price. The only reason I can think why you would reduce the price if you want to get rid of old stock of a product you no longer make.

If you can give discounts during certain times of the year it just means you charge too much the rest of the year.

[br]

Why the fuck buy presents during Xmas or even fucking worse tnx giving. Get over that bullcrap already. Any company that has xmas or tnx giving sales specials loses my respect.

IMHO a proper company of whatever products does not do stupid shit like xmas specials. If you have a product at a certain price. Just stick with that price. The only reason I can think why you would reduce the price if you want to get rid of old stock of a product you no longer make.

If you can give discounts during certain times of the year it just means you charge too much the rest of the year.

Good luck with that one, but who are you to dictate how others do business? I get your point btw, and sort of agree, but they call it Black Friday for a distinct reason.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

There's a bagel shop near me that charges more for bagels on weekends than they do M-Th. Sounds like you'd love the place.

I was never big on giving Christmas gifts, perhaps because I'm Jewish. OTOH, it's a big deal for my (Christian) wife, so best to go along with it.

One more thing--we all value your contributions here, but the cursing does not really bolster your credibility. Try to keep it civil.

• 3 weeks later...

Depending on which state a company is based out of they may wish to offer discounts at years end to lessen the Inventory Tax. Some states really get you good i.e. Texas....

Paste Magazine (which was once a coolish indie/Americana music discovery mag that came with a sampler CD every month) switched to web-only a couple years back. I get at least 3 e-mails a day from them. While they are content links and not solicitations, it still is excessive.

What's funny is that I maintain a private customer mailing list (everyone who has bought from us or signed up for e-mail newsletter on the our home page). There are over 5,000 addresses in it, but I barely manage to send 1 e-mail blast a year--just when we are launching a new product. I'm like the anti-marketeer--yet we still sell all we can build. ;)