IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

28 minutes ago, Philippe Bill said:

did you modify the browser (F5, sleep, aso ..) during the upgrade?

Before I started I reburned a fresh 5.1 sd card. Inserted in sms200 and never changed any settings . 

In my PC settings I turned power settings to never sleep including the monitor. I never touched my PC until it finished. Set your PC like this before you start please look at the photo.  

It took 3 hours ...

Hope this works for you  

Sotm settings.JPG

23 minutes ago, MGX-UK said:

Before I started I reburned a fresh 5.1 sd card. Inserted in sms200 and never changed any settings . 

In my PC settings I turned power settings to never sleep including the monitor. I never touched my PC until it finished. Set your PC like this before you start please look at the photo.  

It took 3 hours ...

+1

1 hour ago, MGX-UK said:

It took 3 hours ...

Hope this works for you  

Sotm settings.JPG

I usually have my laptop set for two hours before entering sleep mode. It did not go into sleep mode during the previous update attempts, but for thoroughness, I set it up to never enter sleep mode, and did not use the computer during the final attempt. Same result, Error 1.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.

2 hours ago, Philippe Bill said:

""The new Eunhasu firmware is going to be released soon and it will be the version no. 0.5.2.""

https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/eunhasu-firmware-ver-no-0-5-2/

At first I thought you had just found an old news brief, but it appears V5.2 is on hold for now. I am on V5.1, and my Eunhasu page does not show an available update: "Already installed the last version. No need to upgrade." 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

That probably explains why my sms200 would not look for an update yesterday after I had updated to 5.2!

Anyway, today it decided to play without the left channel so back to a fresh install of 5.1

It has given me time today to play around with Moode Audio and again with piCoreplayer. I like both of these and have a slight preference for the SQ from Moode, possibly because I get much higher volume from that through my DAC and into my pre-amp than I do from the sms200 (the SQ change is apparent after I turn the pre-amp volume down - it's not just a loudness thing).

I await Eunhasu v5.2 in the near future.

49 minutes ago, MasterWarzombie said:

I don't understand, we are already in the latest version 0.5.2

Capture d’écran 2021-11-16 201826.png

Clearly there was a problem for some to load it. I'm sure it will be back shortly.

Excerpt from May Park email yesterday:

"we temporarily blocked the firmware upgrade since there have been some reports that should need to check again"

On 11/15/2021 at 7:55 AM, afrancois said:

Update went well.

Using an Uptone ER and Roon. 

Roon says an audio file is loading slowly. The upgrade bricked my system. It has become unusable.

Removing the ER seems to do the trick. This is bad news for ER owners.

you still have your worries?  because at home, I have no worries between my ER and ROON etc ...

11 hours ago, MasterWarzombie said:

you still have your worries?  because at home, I have no worries between my ER and ROON etc ...

No, everything seems to be working fine right now.

I can’t really explain what happened.

I updated and rebooted my QNAP and gone problem. However, Roon worked perfectly with my IPad as playback before the reboot, so it was only the sms having problems.

Tried to download update still failed at around 50% so decided to burn a new image of firmware 5.2 to a new micro sd card. This seems to be a much better way of updating, all worked fine and didn't take as long. My only negative was the SOTM recommended USB Image program (link supplied by SOTM) only seems to recogize usb attached drives not micro sd card adapters which seems stupid to me as the SOTM firmware is installed on a micro sd card, luckily I had a sd card to USB adapter.

Two more attempts to download the new V5.2 online, two more fails. The imaging method went smoothly, but I wasn't sure how to use the included RPi software, so I used Balena Etcher.

For those who used the RPi imager, did you select the "recommended" RPi OS, or another?

I am on 0.5.2 and this update made my MPD stopped working.

Librespot is working however…

basically when i try to start MPD via the play button, the spinning animation goes on forever.  I have made tea, coffee, hot chocolate and took a dump and it’s still spinning. Gave up waiting after an hour.

the green LED on the left is solid and the one on the right is blinking. 

Anyone has any insights to this? Previously MPD has no issue via Soundirok, currently I can’t get MPD to be active. 

thanks in advance