IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

Last firmware IS v.0.5.0 .... download it and flash it to the sd card, I’m running it and it works fine

If Balena Etcher doesn’t recognize the card format it with Disk Utility as fat32.

To backup you original sd card you could use Applepi-baker

https://www.tweaking4all.com/ApplePi-Baker2.dmg

https://www.tweaking4all.com/hardware/raspberry-pi/applepi-baker-v2/
and select the disk to file option

8715B860-2B11-4A61-A1E8-C629E6E36E42.png

Stefano

My audio system

I've not had too much luck in my upgrade to v5.0:  I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

When I  downloaded and flashed v5.0, I can't get back to normal run mode.   When I insert the microSD card and plug in the power cable, at best, the left green LED comes on, but the right one never does, no matter how long I wait.  I have tried different microSD cards (PNY or SanDisk):  same results.  Just to be sure, I flashed a copy of my v4.91 firmware, thinking that'll work, but I got the same results.

When I replace the flashed microSD card with the one I bought it with, it comes right up.

I've used balenaEtcher or ApplePiBaker to flash the card on a mac.  Then, I tried it on a Windows pc, but got the same result.

I hope I'm doing something obviously dumb, but I can't see it.

Where should I look next?

Thank you, in advance, for any help you can give me.

Ron

9 hours ago, Ron Ippolito said:

I've not had too much luck in my upgrade to v5.0:  I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

When I  downloaded and flashed v5.0, I can't get back to normal run mode.   When I insert the microSD card and plug in the power cable, at best, the left green LED comes on, but the right one never does, no matter how long I wait.  I have tried different microSD cards (PNY or SanDisk):  same results.  Just to be sure, I flashed a copy of my v4.91 firmware, thinking that'll work, but I got the same results.

When I replace the flashed microSD card with the one I bought it with, it comes right up.

I've used balenaEtcher or ApplePiBaker to flash the card on a mac.  Then, I tried it on a Windows pc, but got the same result.

I hope I'm doing something obviously dumb, but I can't see it.

Where should I look next?

Thank you, in advance, for any help you can give me.

Ron

On W10, if you're using an SD card that needs formatting, using the instructions on the SOtM site, format the card first so that yu have one simple volume.

Then download the image file via Chrome (Opera browser and other browsers can sometimes create problems during the download process) and use image usb to write the image on the card.

If there are any problems with either the image or the card image usb won't verify the procedure and you'll know that something's wrong.

I've created a new card and two backups this way and everything works just fine.

tedwoods,

When I switched to a W10 pc, and started up imageUSB, it couldn't find my SD card (pc has a SD card reader), so I couldn't compete the operation.  Perhaps the SD card slot isn't on USB, but another hardware interface?  Anyway, I switched to balenaEtcher, and it said it wrote the file, and completed the flash operation.

I wish imageUSB had an option to list all drives, but I guess it wouldn't be just a USB utility.

Ron

Hi All!

What does this checkbox do in squeezelite config? :)

I try stopping the LMS sever in eunhasu, uncheck the checkbox, but the squeezelite and the LMS still running.

(I streaming to sms-200 from auther LMS, not need the built-in.)

Maybe the less process better... or i use internal LMS? )

Thanks!

Regards,

Laszlo

61D4AA9C-EDB5-4D86-A068-1E4C51E40824.jpeg

MacMini->HiFace->DacMagic->Azur740A->SMGb[br]http://vlaca.blogspot.com

2 hours ago, Ron Ippolito said:

tedwoods,

When I switched to a W10 pc, and started up imageUSB, it couldn't find my SD card (pc has a SD card reader), so I couldn't compete the operation.  Perhaps the SD card slot isn't on USB, but another hardware interface?  Anyway, I switched to balenaEtcher, and it said it wrote the file, and completed the flash operation.

I wish imageUSB had an option to list all drives, but I guess it wouldn't be just a USB utility.

Ron

Yes, image usb works with external usb card readers only...

44 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

... I’m  using my sms200 with MPD/DLNA and never used LMS then I could be wrong but  ... as far as I know LMS is always on (if you choose that service) and the check box is to let start Squeezelite with LMS, you cannot run Squeezelite alone.

Ok, thanks. Yes, yes, maybe this is the official behavior, but  I unchecked and still running both.  Interesting :)

MacMini->HiFace->DacMagic->Azur740A->SMGb[br]http://vlaca.blogspot.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Persistence is more important than talent...

I tried multiple programs on my mac to copy my microSD card and / or write v5.0 to another card.  I finally got it to work by...

• format the 16 GB card to FAT using Disk Utility
  • use ApplePiBaker to 'restore' from the v5.0 .img to the empty card
  • install and power up the SMS-200.  Left green LED comes on, telling me it got to standby successfully
  • Right LED comes on and flickers like normal, but no wireless internet
    • Cause - upgrade to v5.0 erases all settings
    • Fix - use wired connection to install wireless settings
    • Result - wireless capability is back

Thank you to everyone who suggested the different programs to try, cards to try, etc.

Ron

I've been experimenting with Shairport, and so far, so good.  I can use JRiver with it:  the SMS-200 now plays under 'core audio', so I can take advantage of some features that are not available when I use its DLNA transport.

However, all is not perfect with SHairport.  Does anyone know what the maximum bandwidth limit is?  When I try to send a file that is 88 kHz and 24 bits, it plays like it's in slow motion.  

Thank you, in advance, for any help you can provide.

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am selling my SOtM trifecta (SMS 200ultra NEO with 75ohm connector, txultraUSB, SPS 500). I am also selling separately (or together for better price) the sCLK-OCX10 with another SPS 500.

Please see classified section if interested. The units are in London UK, pick-up or shipped. They are 220 volts, so not suitable for U.S.

They are in great shape with no issues cosmetic or functional 

Pedro

• 1 month later...

Hi, can You install Minimserver 2 in enhasu with the New firmware/kernel update. 0.5.1?
Or is just me there can`t?
When I press the install button in minimserver in eunhasu at my ipad(safari browser) I get
"Download link error 3" and at a windows laptop, when I press the install button in minimserver in eunhasu it just jumps into the eunhasu menu/desktop view again and nothing is installed.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, MGX-UK said:

Is it possible to stream or use Tidal & qobuz phone apps to connect directly to the sms-200. similar to the Auralic media players? avoiding the expense of Roon? 

Yes, MPD/DLNA on the sMS-200 supports both.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 9:06 AM, basillus said:

Hi, can You install Minimserver 2 in enhasu with the New firmware/kernel update. 0.5.1?
Or is just me there can`t?
When I press the install button in minimserver in eunhasu at my ipad(safari browser) I get
"Download link error 3" and at a windows laptop, when I press the install button in minimserver in eunhasu it just jumps into the eunhasu menu/desktop view again and nothing is installed.

Hi Basillus,
I tried to install Minimserver today from euhasu 0.5.1 and I am facing the same problem.
Did you find a solution?

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, MGX-UK said:

Version 806 of Roon Bridge is available Roon OS, Linux. Any one know when these updates would be installed in our units?

It seems there is nothing of interest for Linux as noted by RoPieee developer

spockfishHarry ten BergeRoPieee Author
1h

The release does not contain anything of interest for Linux, but I guess the Roon team keeps the same release on all platforms (which makes sense).

For now I’m not planning on doing anything :wink:

Let’s first wait for the dust to settle a bit and see what the Roon team thinks”

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/the-beta-channel-whats-cooking-now-at-3-136-2021-06-30/111710/463
last post

Stefano

My audio system

• 3 months later...

I had trouble with my sMS-200 Neo today, couldn't see it no my network, even after a network check and repeated reboots. I tried to reflash the SD card with Eunhasu V0.5.1 with no success, so eventually I loaded V0.4.7 which I had stored on my laptop. I assumed I'd be able to upgrade once I was up and running, but the upgrade arrow is not showing an available upgrade, and instead is showing this message:

Already installed the last version. No need to upgrade. However, if you would like to re-install the current version again, you can click the following version link. V0.4.7

I know there were at least two updates after 4.7, as I had installed them before the trouble started. I don't think 4.7 is a big problem, the system is working well, but I wonder what's going on, why aren't firmware upgrades showing?

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

It's not the sMS-200, it's your network discovery that is flakey.  I have Windows 7 on a PC and network connected computers sometimes fail to show up including the sMS-200.  If you google the question you will see stacks of responses from Windows users complaining about this but I have not found any solution provided that works.  I usually wait a day or so and hey presto it works again.  Frustrating to say the least but it's not the sMS-200 that's for sure.

On 6/9/2021 at 3:17 PM, MGX-UK said:

Is it possible to stream or use Tidal & qobuz phone apps to connect directly to the sms-200. similar to the Auralic media players? avoiding the expense of Roon? 

Sorry, belated response - LMS also has a Qobuz plugin which sounds really good