IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

What you are trying to do is not working as you might expect. The settings for the qobuz in the mpd/dnla mode seem to be useless. Is this unfinished work? But the SMS-200 can be a excellent dnla audio player if you control it in an other way. There are control apps that are working very well with the SMS-200 as a dnla player. My favourite control app (android) is BubbleUPnP. It has settings for a range of sources (local, cloud, mediaservers etc). There are settings for Qobuz, Tidal, Google music, dropbox, onedrive and more. For IOS I use Lumin as a control app. Lumin can handle Qobuz and other streaming sources also properly.

@MGX-UK Lumin app can be installed on a smartphone or tablet.

It is a control point.

You need this configuration (for the best experience)

- SOtM sms200 with MPD & DLNA service enabled

- nas or network shared music archive

- Upnp server installed on the nas (MinimServer, Asset, ..., MinimServer the best from my point of view)

- Bubbleupnpserver installed on the same nas or somewhere available on the network

- Lumin app installed on iPad/iPhone (best) or Android device

Stefano

My audio system

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 6:21 PM, stefano_mbp said:

@MGX-UK Lumin app can be installed on a smartphone or tablet.

It is a control point.

You need this configuration (for the best experience)

- SOtM sms200 with MPD & DLNA service enabled

- nas or network shared music archive

- Upnp server installed on the nas (MinimServer, Asset, ..., MinimServer the best from my point of view)

- Bubbleupnpserver installed on the same nas or somewhere available on the network

- Lumin app installed on iPad/iPhone (best) or Android device

Thank Stefano..... Have you seen this? 

https://www.whathifi.com/news/tidal-connect-one-touch-casting-of-hi-res-and-dolby-atmos-music

I doubt it would even need a firmware update. MPD should be sufficient as the interface.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

• 3 weeks later...

My upgrade to v5.0 went well last night and things working smoothly.  It looks like it added an on/off toggle for logging errors presumably if off it would operate faster.  It defaulted off and I left it there and didn't notice any major change say in MPD on/off, switching menus etc.

I checked some stuff I had listened to within the last week and it felt a small bit less congested sounding throughout.  At the same time as this upgrade, I tried to address a new issue with starting MPD not going active without a reboot, I re-imaged a new card that is faster than what was used; so maybe that has something to do with it as I really don't know the potential impact of that on playback.  Frankly it was probably just a mood thing what with psychoacoustics and all.

Last thing, my Kernel check didn't do a clean reboot and I had to hard reboot it.  It still is showing  4.18.19-215.fc27.armv7hl as the current Kernel version, so I'd appreciate it if anyone finds out that is wrong and I can try again.

Hi

I upgraded to v.5.0 yesterday with no issues and no subsequent apparent problems.

Started with the Kernel check, then the f/w upgrade. On checking the system details I currently have Kernel =4.18.19-216.fc27.armv7hl (SMP) armv7l

Slight difference with Bmoregnr's details above.

No difference in sound to my ears - just continues to be enjoyable!

Thanks for the Kernel help everyone, I refreshed and soft reboot worked and get 4.18.19-216.fc27.armv7hl on the System Upgrade page (i might have copied something wrong when I posted 215 earlier and it might have been 216 last night as well).  Not sure why I don't get that added (SMP) armv7 language but maybe I am looking in the wrong place as I only know to look at the System Upgrade page.  That or its a hardware version thing, as I have an old sms-200 and I think we have or talk about different model versions in this thread.

3 hours ago, bmoregnr said:

Thanks for the Kernel help everyone, I refreshed and soft reboot worked and get 4.18.19-216.fc27.armv7hl on the System Upgrade page (i might have copied something wrong when I posted 215 earlier and it might have been 216 last night as well).  Not sure why I don't get that added (SMP) armv7 language but maybe I am looking in the wrong place as I only know to look at the System Upgrade page.  That or its a hardware version thing, as I have an old sms-200 and I think we have or talk about different model versions in this thread.

If you go to System config -> Detailed system information you will see the full kernel version including (SMP) armv7l

Hello. Updated to version 5.0 like everyone else - first checked the system kernel, then the update. Looked at the kernel version - .18.19-215.fc27.armv7hl. Today I repeated the kernel check in the system update - 215. The "start update" button is no longer active.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 12:02 PM, PnL said:

Hello. Updated to version 5.0 like everyone else - first checked the system kernel, then the update. Looked at the kernel version - .18.19-215.fc27.armv7hl. Today I repeated the kernel check in the system update - 215. The "start update" button is no longer active.

If you have not solved this already ......

In 'System Setup' click on the system update up arrow even though it is not yellow, then the next screen should give you the option to run a kernel check even though the system update option is missing. Normally this will allow you to re-run the kernel check/update.

If you still have a problem, post back here.