IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

HELP PLEASE!!

I am not able to play WAV files in my sotm-200 (still running 4.0) in MPD&DLNA mode via streaming from a NAS DLNA. I have tried both BubbleUpnp and Lumin as the controller both failed.

What really confuses me is that I can play the same WAV files via Chomecast Audio with the same controllers.

I am sure sotm-200 supports WAV files but just can't get it to play them in my case.

Should I upgrade to the latest Enhasu and which version?

I am playing a wav file through my sMs-200 right now and it is working just fine. I am on the latest firmware but I have not had trouble playing wav files with previous versions. The music is stored in my QNAP TS-451+, the software is Music Station on my laptop or QMusic on my phone.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

1 hour ago, audiobomber said:

I am playing a wav file through my sMs-200 right now and it is working just fine. I am on the latest firmware but I have not had trouble playing wav files with previous versions. The music is stored in my QNAP TS-451+, the software is Music Station on my laptop or QMusic on my phone.

Which controller do you use I wonder?

13 hours ago, CharlesY said:

HELP PLEASE!!

I am not able to play WAV files in my sotm-200 (still running 4.0) in MPD&DLNA mode via streaming from a NAS DLNA. I have tried both BubbleUpnp and Lumin as the controller both failed.

What really confuses me is that I can play the same WAV files via Chomecast Audio with the same controllers.

I am sure sotm-200 supports WAV files but just can't get it to play them in my case.

Should I upgrade to the latest Enhasu and which version?

Have you checked NAS DLNA server is supportive WAV?

5 minutes ago, MayfromSOtM said:

Have you checked NAS DLNA server is supportive WAV?

Yes it does as I have been able to play the same WAV files (from the NAS DLNA) via Chromecast Audio to the same DAC. - USB with sms-200 and optical with Chromecast.

Why Chromecast works but not sms-200. Have I missing something here?

27 minutes ago, CharlesY said:

Yes it does as I have been able to play the same WAV files (from the NAS DLNA) via Chromecast Audio to the same DAC. - USB with sms-200 and optical with Chromecast.

Why Chromecast works but not sms-200. Have I missing something here?

I should use Bubble UPNP app and Minimserver on Eunhasu to test WAV and let you know the result.

Thank you.

Best regards, May

6 minutes ago, CharlesY said:

Just ran the 4.14 upgrade on my sms-200 but hung at 85% for more than an hour so abandoned and rebooted.

I now cannot run Enhasu think the SD is corrupted. Do I need to reimage the SD card again to make it to work?

yes, please try reinstalling Eunhasu OS newly.

http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:burn_sdcard_image

Thank you.

Best regards, May

5 hours ago, MayfromSOtM said:

I should use Bubble UPNP app and Minimserver on Eunhasu to test WAV and let you know the result.

Thank you.

Best regards, May

In my setup wav file works fine, I used minimserver/bubbleupn on Eunhasu and used Bubble UPNP app.

Thank you.

Best regards, May

10 hours ago, MayfromSOtM said:

yes, please try reinstalling Eunhasu OS newly.

http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en:eunhasu:burn_sdcard_image

Thank you.

Best regards, May

Hi May,

PLEASE HELP!

Just ran the 4.16 upgrade as instructed and I am now in a even worse state than before. I have tried to start the MPD-DLNA service many times (and also reboot) where it seems busy for a few minute then stopped but the service hasn't started.

Also, I am able to see the sms-200 renderer from any of my DLNA clients on my Android device e.g. Bubbleupnp and Lumin.

May, unfortunately with this new version 4.16 I still cannot play the WAV file with MPD&DLNA mode (but I can still play them with Chromecast Audio). Please can you provide a resolution.

Also, your test with Bubbleupnp server with Minimserver - how does it work with a NAS DLNA (where the WAV files are served) and in my case with a DLNA client controller like Bubbleupnp on an Android device?

14 minutes ago, d_elm said:

I am playing 192/24 wav files with V0.4.16 through MPD/DLNA with Openhome option selected in MPD configuration.  Files are on a NAS running Minimserver.  Controller is BubbleUPnP on an Android tablet.

v4.16 now works after restarting a few times but I still can't play WAV files.

The only difference from your setup is my WDMyCloud NAS which is running Twonky server. Does this explain why sms-200 failed to play WAV files but I still can't understand why it works on the Chromecast Audio. Or are there something else that I have missed.

2 hours ago, d_elm said:

I am playing 192/24 wav files with V0.4.16 through MPD/DLNA with Openhome option selected in MPD configuration.  Files are on a NAS running Minimserver.  Controller is BubbleUPnP on an Android tablet.

That is my setup too, except I use the QNAP controllers (QMusic for Android, Music Station for Win10)

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.