IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

44 minutes ago, Joerg D said:

Hello, DLNA is running again. I have installed the update from 4.15 a second time. Then DLNA starts again, and runs very stable.

Joerg

How does one do an update a second time ?  I uninstalled MPD and installed again with no success.  SOtM is not looking good with an update that fails and going on holiday.

1 minute ago, d_elm said:

How does one do an update a second time ?  I uninstalled MPD and installed again with no success.  SOtM is not looking good with an update that fails and going on holiday.

Why the desperate urge to update right now, if your sms200 is working fine just now, be patient and a new update will appear soon after the holiday.

May warned people not to update as soon as it was obvious that the update was failing.

Not much more they can do in the meantime.

2 minutes ago, mikeyb said:

Why the desperate urge to update right now, if your sms200 is working fine just now, be patient and a new update will appear soon after the holiday.

May warned people not to update as soon as it was obvious that the update was failing.

Not much more they can do in the meantime.

Indeed, I would suspect there's no audible advance with the recent updates, but of course there are features that some may crave to implement.

I'll wait it out from V4.0, and update again when it's safe to do so.. 

Source: Synology NAS > DIY Mediaserver • Software: JRiver MC31/Fidelizer Pro Optical output: ASUS Xonar AE 24/192 • DAC/preamp: Blue Cheese Audio Roquefort Digital cross-over: Xilica XP-3060 • Speakers: Electro-Voice TS9040D LX (for active config.)  Subwoofers: 2 x MicroWrecker Tapped Horns • EV horns amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV bass amp: MC² Audio T1500 • Subs amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV horns cables: Mundorf silver/gold 1mm solid-core • IC: Mundorf silver/gold XLR/Mogami 2549 XLR/Cordial CMK Road 250 XLR • Subs and EV bass cable: Cordial CLS 425 • Power cables: 15AWG Solid-core wire w/IeGo pure copper plugs (DIY)

1 hour ago, d_elm said:

The update button is disabled as there is not a new download.   What are you suggesting ?

Hallo

I selected update. The update button is not active, but next to the button click on "4.15", then the update starts. The update was successful. Then reloaded and started DLNA. It took a while and then ran DLNA.

Joerg

23 minutes ago, Joerg D said:

Hallo

I selected update. The update button is not active, but next to the button click on "4.15", then the update starts. The update was successful. Then reloaded and started DLNA. It took a while and then ran DLNA.

Joerg

I am using an sMS-200ultra and there is no text next to the update button.

On 2018-02-16 at 9:14 AM, Joerg D said:

Hallo

Joerg

I looked again, the paragraph above the upgrade button contains the version number.  Clicking on that enables a reupgrade of the currently installed version.  I had to reupgrade/reboot three times before MPD/DLNA would start.  Happy now, do not need to use Squeezelite.

On 2018. 2. 16. at 7:56 PM, phusis said:

Oh, dammit. Thanks for this info. 

I guess the only way to fix this problem, other than waiting for a new update by Monday, is a recovery:

http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en/eunhasu/burn_sdcard_image

Just back to work again, please try to re-install the OS newly and then make an update again.It should work fine.

Sorry for the absence~

1 hour ago, MayfromSOtM said:

Just back to work again, please try to re-install the OS newly and then make an update again.It should work fine.

Sorry for the absence~

May .. i dont see a new update available on eunhasu .. just 4.14 with the option to re-install that .

are you putting 4.15 back up ?

1 minute ago, Boomboy said:

May .. i dont see a new update available on eunhasu .. just 4.14 with the option to re-install that .

are you putting 4.15 back up ?

Hi Boomboy, the fixed version(4.1.6) will be available in today, please wait a bit more and then try to update once the new f/w is available.

Thank you~

Best regards, MAy

@MayfromSOtM

I'm hoping the version 4.1.6 will also address why I can't play any tracks from my playlists or individual tracks from an album.

I can play an entire album if I select the first track but that's it.  I've restarted the SMS-200 but can't get around this problem.

Also I was hoping that the "Set buffer value" (which I assume is the same as "audio_buffer_size") included in version 4.1.5 would be user configurable and that "buffer_before_play" would also be available as a user setting.  This latter setting may help to address an occasional short stutter/glitch I get at the beginning of a track when starting an individual track.  O.o

The weird stuff continues.

Decided to run JRiver on the PC and send tracks to the SMS-200 “zone” because of the problems I was having.  Then thought I’d switch back to Soundirok on the iPad and see whether the problem was still there and guess what - it’s behaving itself.

Playlists and individual tracks are playing without a problem.

Now I’m happy to have things working again, but I could do without the occasional tempramental behaviour that other users seem to experience as well from time to time.  It’s almost like it spits the dummy occasionally !!!!!

Hello,

I cannot have Radio Paradise FLAC with  the  SMS 200 Logitech Media Server ( v4.16 firmware)
the "Radio Paradise" plugin is installed but music don't start with this message:
"Radio Paradise lossless streaming requires the Perl module IO::Socket::SSL. Please use your operating system's package manager to install it."

It works fine with others LMS  (Daphile, Windows, Synology, etc ...)

Do you know a solution?

18 hours ago, MayfromSOtM said:

Sorry for the absence~

May, 

From what I can tell V4.16 hasn't solved the DLNA issue - it still won't start up. I'll try and make the upgrade for a third time now...

EDIT: third-time upgrade wasn't a charme. Back to V4.0 via recovery - again..

Source: Synology NAS > DIY Mediaserver • Software: JRiver MC31/Fidelizer Pro Optical output: ASUS Xonar AE 24/192 • DAC/preamp: Blue Cheese Audio Roquefort Digital cross-over: Xilica XP-3060 • Speakers: Electro-Voice TS9040D LX (for active config.)  Subwoofers: 2 x MicroWrecker Tapped Horns • EV horns amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV bass amp: MC² Audio T1500 • Subs amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV horns cables: Mundorf silver/gold 1mm solid-core • IC: Mundorf silver/gold XLR/Mogami 2549 XLR/Cordial CMK Road 250 XLR • Subs and EV bass cable: Cordial CLS 425 • Power cables: 15AWG Solid-core wire w/IeGo pure copper plugs (DIY)

Well, recovery to V4.0 completed again, and I've then upgraded to V4.14 (the upgrade prior to where the MPD/DLNA issue arises), and here it stays(!) until the problem has been ameliorated :) 

2 hours ago, phusis said:

Well, recovery to V4.0 completed again, and I've then upgraded to V4.14 (the upgrade prior to where the MPD/DLNA issue arises), and here it stays(!) until the problem has been ameliorated :) 

How did you get the version 4.1.4 upgrade?

I thought it would automatically install the latest version (4.1.6).

7 hours ago, phusis said:

May, 

From what I can tell V4.16 hasn't solved the DLNA issue - it still won't start up. I'll try and make the upgrade for a third time now...

EDIT: third-time upgrade wasn't a charme. Back to V4.0 via recovery - again..

Sorry for the confusion updating to the latest f/w. I had reported it to our engineer team and they will check and work on it.

Thank you.

Best regards, May

3 minutes ago, MayfromSOtM said:

Sorry for the confusion updating to the latest f/w. I had reported it to our engineer team and they will check and work on it.

Thank you.

Best regards, May

It is fiixed for me via a teamViewer session.  There should be an upgrade soon to fix the problem.