IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

On 2018-05-04 at 12:11 AM, Tuning said:

By the way, how about the other settings besides the 'replay gain' and the 'mixer type' ?

I've used ReplayGain with both DOP and Native DSD 2.0 on the sMs-200, to a Korg DAC. I am able to play DSD files up to 5.6 MHz with no problems. Replaygain has no effect on DSD in my system; it does not affect volume levels but does no harm. I really like this feature for FLAC replay.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

On 5/3/2018 at 6:33 PM, MayfromSOtM said:

The DOP requires the max software volume. To do this, you can set the replay gain to none and mixer type to none or null. Pleaset try it with the setting let me know the result.

Thank you.

Best regards, May

Dear May,

Good morning.

I have tried your above suggestion. However, still not able to stream the dsf signal. May be they (sotm & Yamaha) are not compatible.

Any other suggestions ?

Many thanks.

On 4/20/2018 at 4:39 PM, welldone said:

I’ve updated the firmware of Sms200 to V0.4.18. There some functions have been added. I do wonder how to customize the following figures to get the best SQ. 

6BDC5F1B-1687-4D45-9849-F6156CC805B3.jpeg

The above earlier post indicates a firmware of V0.4.18 which I can't see on the SOTM web site, is this an error or is it available?

7 hours ago, Tannoymike said:

The above earlier post indicates a firmware of V0.4.18 which I can't see on the SOTM web site, is this an error or is it available?

It is available for some time now.

I've installed it and it works fine.

When you open the Eunhasu page there will be a yellow arrow under system setup indicating an update is available.

Click on it and just follow the instructions.

On 5/7/2018 at 10:41 AM, Tuning said:

Dear May,

Good morning.

I have tried your above suggestion. However, still not able to stream the dsf signal. May be they (sotm & Yamaha) are not compatible.

Any other suggestions ?

Many thanks.

Okay Tuning, now you will need to ask what DOP marker Yamaha is using, there are 0x05 / 0xFA markers and dcs marker. Please check it and let me know.

Thank you.

Best regards, May

• 2 weeks later...

I re-imaged the micro SD card in my SMS-200 to V0.4.0. I then updated the Eunhasu firmware to current V0.4.18. I set it to use a Static IP Address, but it is ignoring this command. The IP address is changing after rebooting, and it has never used the address I specified.

The reason I re-imaged the SD card is because the renderer would not latch to my Audiolab DAC, nor to the Korg DAC that I tried next. It is still not seeing the DAC. What should I do now?

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

On 5/9/2018 at 4:09 AM, MayfromSOtM said:

Okay Tuning, now you will need to ask what DOP marker Yamaha is using, there are 0x05 / 0xFA markers and dcs marker. Please check it and let me know.

Thank you.

Best regards, May

Sorry for my late reply. Yamaha have very late response. Still awaiting for their reply.

In additions, I have anticipated another issue. My unit just suddenly 'died' overnight. Will check whether the problem coming from the power supply or from the unit itself.  

14 minutes ago, Tuning said:

Sorry for my late reply. Yamaha have very late response. Still awaiting for their reply.

In additions, I have anticipated another issue. My unit just suddenly 'died' overnight. Will check whether the problem coming from the power supply or from the unit itself.  

Hi Tuning, "died" means you can't access to Eunhasu web gui or you can't see the light on the front panel or back panel of the LAN port?

Thank you.

Best regards, May

On 5/4/2018 at 1:09 PM, Tuning said:

Dear May,
Thanks for prompt reply.
I will try your suggestion and get back to you.

In additions, I have been using the Auralic's  Altair and Aries. Both can stream/render the dsf signals and the 'DoP' displayed on S3000.

By the way, can the sms-200 accept 12V LPS input ? What is the best 'V' value for the sms-200 ?

Thanks & regards,
Tuning

You can power the unit to 12V, but 9V is our recommendation.

Thank you~

Best regards, May

On 5/23/2018 at 1:13 PM, MayfromSOtM said:

You can power the unit to 12V, but 9V is our recommendation.

Thank you~

Best regards, May

There is no light on the front panel. Have tried to unplug the power adapter and re-connect it after 5 minutes. The light has not lite.
Will try to connect it to my spare 12V power supply to it and see how it goes.

I did try either 'none' or 'null'. However, still cannot get the signal pass through.

Many thanks.

On 5/20/2018 at 10:38 PM, audiobomber said:

I re-imaged the micro SD card in my SMS-200 to V0.4.0. I then updated the Eunhasu firmware to current V0.4.18. I set it to use a Static IP Address, but it is ignoring this command. The IP address is changing after rebooting, and it has never used the address I specified.

The reason I re-imaged the SD card is because the renderer would not latch to my Audiolab DAC, nor to the Korg DAC that I tried next. It is still not seeing the DAC. What should I do now?

Hi, we released the new version. 

Could you test after upgrade your eunhasu?

6 hours ago, sotm.jho said:

Hi, we released the new version. 

Could you test after upgrade your eunhasu?

Yes, version V0.4.19 resolved the IP address issue. All good now.

On 5/24/2018 at 5:25 PM, Tuning said:

There is no light on the front panel. Have tried to unplug the power adapter and re-connect it after 5 minutes. The light has not lite.
Will try to connect it to my spare 12V power supply to it and see how it goes.

I did try either 'none' or 'null'. However, still cannot get the signal pass through.

Many thanks.

Sorry that my answer got delayed, have you got the unit working back?

About the settings, should check it according to DAC's specifications.. and it could be complicated..

Best regards, May

Dear May,
Thanks for your msg..
Yes. I have replaced the broken original power adapter with a 9V LPS. It is now working and I have upgraded to the latest software.

It is really annoying that the original power adapter broken down so fast. Still waiting for Yamaha and their reply on the DAC settings. Anyway, will fiddle on the settings and hope can streaming the DSD signal that my DAC can decode.?
On the other hand, have tried to check the "Krennel" on the software upgrade page. It running forever and doesn't end. Why ?

Many thanks

2 hours ago, Tuning said:

Dear May,
Thanks for your msg..
Yes. I have replaced the broken original power adapter with a 9V LPS. It is now working and I have upgraded to the latest software.

It is really annoying that the original power adapter broken down so fast. Still waiting for Yamaha and their reply on the DAC settings. Anyway, will fiddle on the settings and hope can streaming the DSD signal that my DAC can decode.?
On the other hand, have tried to check the "Krennel" on the software upgrade page. It running forever and doesn't end. Why ?

Many thanks

Hi Tuning, 

If the Kernel checking is kept going on, it means somthing is not completed, how long it's going on? over 30mins?

The better way what you can do is reburning Eunhasu to the micro sd card or to the new micro sd card again...can you try it??

Thank you~

Best regards, May

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone experiencing problem with Librespot connecting to Spotify connect. recently upgraded to version 4.20.

Librespot keep flipping active to non active- install and reinstall seems not able to work at all.

Wondering if there is wrong with the upgrade or Spotify is blocking Librespot.

Anyone can share their experience how to fix it. email to Sotm- seems no reply at all.

The icon is there but it does not connect at all to spotify.

librespot.jpg

3 minutes ago, larrylawn said:

Anyone experiencing problem with Librespot connecting to Spotify connect. recently upgraded to version 4.20.

Librespot keep flipping active to non active- install and reinstall seems not able to work at all.

Wondering if there is wrong with the upgrade or Spotify is blocking Librespot.

Anyone can share their experience how to fix it. email to Sotm- seems no reply at all.

The icon is there but it does not connect at all to spotify.

librespot.jpg

I was getting this on 4.18 too, I tried everything with no success, install, reinstall both librespot and sotm firmware several times, I gave up and now run Spotify through the Squeezelite option using the Spotty plugin via Logitech Media Server. Far more robust for me, hasn't dropped out in over 2 weeks since I started this method. 

This option also gives me TuneinRadio, access to my Nas, and Qobuz until my trial ends. 

1 hour ago, mikeyb said:

I was getting this on 4.18 too, I tried everything with no success, install, reinstall both librespot and sotm firmware several times, I gave up and now run Spotify through the Squeezelite option using the Spotty plugin via Logitech Media Server. Far more robust for me, hasn't dropped out in over 2 weeks since I started this method. 

This option also gives me TuneinRadio, access to my Nas, and Qobuz until my trial ends. 

I think will used this method to connect to Spotify. Really piss with the librespot.  I even thought of selling off the whole Sotm streamer and the master clock to use other brand. It is so unreliable.

1 hour ago, larrylawn said:

I think will used this method to connect to Spotify. Really piss with the librespot.  I even thought of selling off the whole Sotm streamer and the master clock to use other brand. It is so unreliable.

I was thinking the very same but since I moved to the squeezelite option there have been no issues. 

The Sotm was allowed to stay lol