IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

1 hour ago, larrylawn said:

Squeezelite do not contain Spotify only Deezer n tidal n others only .

Where you find Spotify? I was about to install it .

Ok fix it using plugin instead of apps

Look under Plugins/Third Party Plugins within LMS settings and install the Spotty plugin

I just got an SMS-200 and am exploring the various play options, so excuse me if my questions may have been answered before.

I have managed to get music playing from my:

- NAS (from my MiniDLNA server through MPD/DLNA mode)
- Tidal (through MPD/DLNA and Squeezelite/LMS/ickStream with BubbleServer configuring those as OpenHome renderers and using Linn Kazoo as control).
- Spotify Connect (Squeezelite/LMS/ickStream again)

My DLNA server is MiniDLNA running on my DLink DNS-320L NAS (I also had to set the sms-200 library config to SMB1.0 as this NAS seems only to support CIFS/SMB1)

I have come across two issues:

1) In Eunhasu>LMS configuration, I cannot get LMS to see my NAS library properly. Under the Settings>MyMusic tab I can click Music and then see 'NAS' but it's not clickable to expand and see the music library. 

2) In Squeezelite mode, and using Linn Kazoo, I can select 16/44 tracks from my MiniDLNA server and play them, but if I try to add any hi-res tracks e.g. 24/96 then I just get silence, it doesn't seem to add the track/album to the play queue. If I switch to MPD/DLNA mode in Eunhasu, I can add and play all NAS tracks just fine including hi-res from MiniDLNA server. It would be nice to be able to play all my local files in Squeezelite mode, since that would mean I don't need to change the mode (local, Tidal and Spotify all working under one mode)

Any advice what I need to change, or is Squeezelite mode limited to CD res files?

thanks,

Dylan 

• 3 weeks later...

I just had a scary moment :-)

My sMS-200 ultra stopped while playing. Rebooting, etc.. nothing helped. No activity light, no network connection, nothing...

I still have my old sMS-200 laying around and I switched the memory card. Problems solved!

Turned out that the microSD card had died. I feared the unit had died.

• 2 weeks later...

I have managed to get my local music stored on my NAS to show up in Squeezelite (openhome) mode now. I'm using Linn Kazoo and Lumin as control points and I can add an album to the play queue, however the SMS-200 then only plays the first track and stops, without playing the rest of the tracks in the queue (same with both control points).

Can someone point me to the correct setting in squeezelite/LMS config to change in order to fix this?

Secondy - in MPD/dlna config, since the latest firmware upgrade the unit measures (MB, sec, ms) for the MPD buffer config seem to have changed, so the old values from the Eunhasu instruction guide are no longer correct/accepted. Please let me know the correct values for the new unit measurements, as I guessed at them and now I'm getting Tidal starting to drop out badly after a few songs in this mode.

Update - OK I have managed to get the sms-200 playing the entire queue now, not really sure what was wrong there. @MayfromSOtM Still hoping for someone to chime in on the new values for MPD buffer config settings.

Lastly, is it possible to play hi-res files in squeezelite (openhome) mode? For me with Kazoo or Lumin control points it will play 16/44k files just fine, but if I select 24/96 or 192 files it will add them to the play queue but then not play them at all - the track timer just stays on 0:00.

Is there any setting/workaround to play hi-res in squeezelite, or will I need to switch to MPD mode just for this?

Can someone supply a web link to the firmware update section as I find the News section of the SOTM  site where firmware changes/updates are suppose to be listed doesn't seem to be up to date when new firmwares become available. I find this section of the Forum is at the moment the best indication of any updates.

• 1 month later...

I filled a 256gb usb flash drive with FLAC and DSF music and connected it to my sotm-200ultra. All works very well using the Squeezelite player. Only problem I have is that I would like to access the USB drive using Samba (I have the "Share folder (samba)" box checked in the library config) but the USB1 mount point is not accessible from my Macbook finder.

Do you know how to make it accessible?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 1.42.01 PM.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2018 at 2:58 PM, aslg said:

I filled a 256gb usb flash drive with FLAC and DSF music and connected it to my sotm-200ultra. All works very well using the Squeezelite player. Only problem I have is that I would like to access the USB drive using Samba (I have the "Share folder (samba)" box checked in the library config) but the USB1 mount point is not accessible from my Macbook finder.

Thanks!

I seem to remember you could not access a HD while attached to the sotm-200; the operating system wasn’t really designed for it.  I assume that is still the case with the ultra.

8 hours ago, mnuno10 said:

Will the iFi iPower work well with Sotm sms-200? If yes, has to be the 12V version, right?

Thank you

In speaking with Crux audio they said a 9 or 12v was fine, and the preference, at least for the person responding, was for 9v producing less heat.  I am pretty positive I went with the 9v, using a small SSD attached to it, and it is working fine for me.  People seem to hate them but without really digging into power sources I have been happy with it in an office setup.

7 hours ago, bmoregnr said:

In speaking with Crux audio they said a 9 or 12v was fine, and the preference, at least for the person responding, was for 9v producing less heat.  I am pretty positive I went with the 9v, using a small SSD attached to it, and it is working fine for me.  People seem to hate them but without really digging into power sources I have been happy with it in an office setup.

There are a few versions of the sms200 accepting different voltages - it all depends on what you purchased. So if you have the 12V version, you can't use a 9V supply on it. But if you had the 6.5V-8.5V version then you can. Although it's rated to 8.5V, it can accept 9V (I checked with May).

1 hour ago, flkin said:

There are a few versions of the sms200 accepting different voltages - it all depends on what you purchased. So if you have the 12V version, you can't use a 9V supply on it. But if you had the 6.5V-8.5V version then you can. Although it's rated to 8.5V, it can accept 9V (I checked with May).

Curiously, the 12v version will run perfectly on a 9V feed.  It just runs a little cooler.  I’m not sure if it makes any difference to SQ, I have not tried the comparison since I have had the Neo version.  I am running my 12v Neo now on 9V with no issues.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

Like some others before me I've updated the firmware and now the settings of the MPD that I am using have all change from my previous settings and one called Period Time which with the default value showed up in red as out of range, also the buffers are small. So what are the correct setup default values and what others have found to be best especially for playing back SACD iso files for this new firmware? If no one on this forums knows then SOTM should give us this info. Thanks

On 8/19/2018 at 9:58 PM, aslg said:

Thanks!

I have the same problem with mac mini. Windows 7 laptop can access the drive just fine , so this is a macOS - eunhasu problem.