IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

31 minutes ago, aslg said:

Is there anyone that has DSD mode=Native on the sMS-200's Squeezebox player working with a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+?

I installed the latest firmware (v0.4.17) that supposedly enables native DSD on my DAC, set DSD mode to Native in the Squeezelite player config but it generates the following error in the LMS server:

Slim::Player::Song::open (409) Error: Couldn't create command line for dsf playback for [file:////synologynas/music/samples/Looking-For-A-Home-2.8MHz-DSF.dsf]

SOtM asked me to install an alpha firmware that solved the problem above but generates the following error in the Squeezelite player:

[02:16:31.538774] alsa_open:544 unable to set hw params: Invalid argument

SOtM would like to remote control into my home network but I am reluctant to give them access to my laptop and from there to all my home network. Was anyone here able to solve problems like the above without remote control?

Thanks!

SOtM has had a teamviewer session on my PC to solve a problem.  You can watch as they investigate the sMS-200 and they only access their system.  Low risk in my view.

Jeeho, at SOtM fixed the problem in record time in an alpha version of the firmware I just finished testing!

Now I can play DSD files using DoP or Native DSD mode with the Logitech Media Server connected to the sMS-200ultra's Squeezelite player.

I tested:

1) DSF x64 and x128 DoP using the DSDPlayer plugin

2) DSF x64, x128 and x256 Native

all working very well with my Brooklyn DAC+

Great job  and Thanks Jeeho!

On 4/9/2018 at 9:35 PM, aslg said:

Is there anyone that has DSD mode=Native on the sMS-200's Squeezebox player working with a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+?

I installed the latest firmware (v0.4.17) that supposedly enables native DSD on my DAC, set DSD mode to Native in the Squeezelite player config but it generates the following error in the LMS server:

Slim::Player::Song::open (409) Error: Couldn't create command line for dsf playback for [file:////synologynas/music/samples/Looking-For-A-Home-2.8MHz-DSF.dsf]

SOtM asked me to install an alpha firmware that solved the problem above but generates the following error in the Squeezelite player:

[02:16:31.538774] alsa_open:544 unable to set hw params: Invalid argument

SOtM would like to remote control into my home network but I am reluctant to give them access to my laptop and from there to all my home network. Was anyone here able to solve problems like the above without remote control?

Thanks!

many people have had vendors remove control in to help solve problems -- i understand your concern, but know that it has been done with regularity with no issues.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

I want to direct connect to my sMS-200 from my Imac via ethernet (lan cable) i.e

Router  > wireless  > Imac   > Lan Cable > SoTM smS-200 (static ip: eg 5.1.1.2)

so that I can play music from the Imac with Audirvana Plus (v3.2)

I connected my sMS-200 to a router with an ethernet cable,  Safari: http://eunhasu.local:

- Eunhasu :V0.4.17

- System setup icon :

- static ip = 5.1.1.2

- subnet mask : 255.255.255.0

- gateway < left blank >

- dns < left blank >

On the iMac I did:

- System Preferences > Network: 

- Chose interface = Ethernet

- Configure IPv4 = Manually

- IP Address = 5.1.1.9

- Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0

- Router < left blank >

- DNS Server < left blank >

I direct connected my Imac with an ethernet cable to the sMS-200 and powered on the sMS-200.

Opened Safari and typed ‘5.1.1.2’ in to the search bar but I don’t see the eunhasu start up options (icons); I just hangs. 

I tried rebooting the Imac and then also power down and power up the sMS-200 but no joy

I then power down the sMS and move it back to the switch and type in Safari: http://sotm-audio.com/my which gives: IP: 192.168.1.113 and I can connect to the Eunhasu page and I get again as above

- System setup icon :

- static ip = 5.1.1.2

- gateway < left blank >

- dns < left blank >-

Any pointers ?

NUC 7i3 (ROCK) > Ghent Audio Lan cable > SOtM sMS-200 (+Uptone LPS-1) >  0.2m Curious USB cable > Singxer F1 (usb to spdif) > 0.5m XLO digital cable > Audiolab 8000 Dac (25 years old) > Trends Audio 10.1 Integrated Amp > Kef 103/4 speakers

20 hours ago, jaspal kallar said:

I want to direct connect to my sMS-200 from my Imac via ethernet (lan cable) i.e

Router  > wireless  > Imac   > Lan Cable > SoTM smS-200 (static ip: eg 5.1.1.2)

so that I can play music from the Imac with Audirvana Plus (v3.2)

I connected my sMS-200 to a router with an ethernet cable,  Safari: http://eunhasu.local:

- System setup icon :

- static ip = 5.1.1.2

- gateway < left blank >

- dns < left blank >

On the iMac I did:

- System Preferences > Network: 

- Chose interface = Ethernet

- Configure IPv4 = Manually

- IP Address = 5.1.1.9

- Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0

- Router < left blank >

- DNS Server < left blank >

I direct connected my Imac with an ethernet cable to the sMS-200 and powered on the sMS-200.

Opened Safari and typed ‘5.1.1.2’ in to the search bar but I don’t see the eunhasu start up options (icons); I just hangs. 

I tried rebooting the Imac and then also power down and power up the sMS-200 but no joy

I then power down the sMS and move it back to the switch and type in Safari: http://sotm-audio.com/my which gives: IP: 192.168.1.113 and I can connect to the Eunhasu page and I get again as above

- System setup icon :

- static ip = 5.1.1.2

- gateway < left blank >

- dns < left blank >-

Any pointers ?

Apologies since I think I should have started a new thread in the Networking forum regarding my issue, seems more appropriate looking back.  

The fault does NOT exist in V0.4.0.

I download the V0.4.0 restore image and put it on the micro sd card for sMS-200  and set a static ip adress = 5.1.1.2 and Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0.  Then connected a lan cable from my Imac to the sMS-200 and could see the Eunhasu page when entering 5.1.1.2 in the search bar (Safari).

NUC 7i3 (ROCK) > Ghent Audio Lan cable > SOtM sMS-200 (+Uptone LPS-1) >  0.2m Curious USB cable > Singxer F1 (usb to spdif) > 0.5m XLO digital cable > Audiolab 8000 Dac (25 years old) > Trends Audio 10.1 Integrated Amp > Kef 103/4 speakers

3 hours ago, jaspal kallar said:

Apologies since I think I should have started a new thread in the Networking forum regarding my issue, seems more appropriate looking back.  

The fault does NOT exist in V0.4.0.

I download the V0.4.0 restore image and put it on the micro sd card for sMS-200  and set a static ip adress = 5.1.1.2 and Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0.  Then connected a lan cable from my Imac to the sMS-200 and could see the Eunhasu page when entering 5.1.1.2 in the search bar (Safari).

I upgraded from V0.4.0.to V0.4.14 and on my 2nd attempt I got the static ip address setting to stick and could connect the sMS-200 to my iMac directly. 

30 minutes ago, jaspal kallar said:

I upgraded from V0.4.0.to V0.4.14 and on my 2nd attempt I got the static ip address setting to stick and could connect the sMS-200 to my iMac directly. 

I upgraded from V0.4.14 to V0.4.17 and on my 1st attempt I got the static ip address setting to stick and could connect the sMS-200 to my iMac directly.  

Perhaps the V0.4.17 restore image I used got corrupted in some way. Anyway upgrading a few times from V0.4.0.to V0.4.17 solved my problem.

Just an observation  Changing from DHCP to a static ip and rebooting, the 
robot takes much longer than usual, perhaps around 5-7 minutes.  No biggie though.

I also have just upgraded from V0.4.14 to V0.4.17, mostly went well but initially wouldn't play anything, found some of my dac settings had been changed, principally software decoding which I changed back to hardware decoding then all well. I liked the sound of V0.4.14 very much the new firmware V0.4.17 I'm not so sure  it seems more treble orientated. Has anyone found this or is just my imagination.

Hi,  I want to check why Roon endpoint on SMS 200 Ultra only supports upto DSD128.  Technically Hugo 2 supports upto DSD512 and I want to upsample via Roon to DSD512.  Any pointers?

My setup:

PC (i7 7700K) >  SMS200Ultra > Kubala Emotion USB > Hugo 2 -> 2-Ch HIFI.  

On 4/16/2018 at 4:56 PM, Tannoymike said:

I also have just upgraded from V0.4.14 to V0.4.17, mostly went well but initially wouldn't play anything, found some of my dac settings had been changed, principally software decoding which I changed back to hardware decoding then all well. I liked the sound of V0.4.14 very much the new firmware V0.4.17 I'm not so sure  it seems more treble orientated. Has anyone found this or is just my imagination.

Can I ask few questions?

1. What kind of app do you use?

2. Do you have still that problem?

3. Can you explain detail of your problem?

Is there any  way to stream mac mini sound output directly to sms200 over ethernet? Instead of roon endpoint , sometimes I want to use sotm as a "virtual sound device" for my mac in  order to stream youtube , spotify free , etc .  I tried shairport but doesn't seem to work  as i cannot find sms 200 in the airplay list.

Any ideas? 

6 minutes ago, Ben2300 said:

I don’t think sms200 support AirPlay 

There is a setting for a Sharepoint, was does this do?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear May and jho form sotm,

Thanks for your continuous support on the forum and thanks in advance for your help.

I have bought the smS-200 last week. 
I connected it to the USB Dac input of my Yamaha S-3000 SACD player . With minimserver installed in the Qnap NAS.

Activated the DLNA on the enuhas with Dop option chosen on the DSD setting. Have tried both the Linn Kazoo and Lumin app.

Neither cannot play my DSF files from SACDs. (It can play via Aries or Altair).
Is there anything that I have missed on the settings ? 
Appreciated for your help and information. 

Thanks & best regards,

3 hours ago, Tuning said:

Dear May and jho form sotm,

Thanks for your continuous support on the forum and thanks in advance for your help.

I have bought the smS-200 last week. 
I connected it to the USB Dac input of my Yamaha S-3000 SACD player . With minimserver installed in the Qnap NAS.

Activated the DLNA on the enuhas with Dop option chosen on the DSD setting. Have tried both the Linn Kazoo and Lumin app.

Neither cannot play my DSF files from SACDs. (It can play via Aries or Altair).
Is there anything that I have missed on the settings ? 
Appreciated for your help and information. 

Thanks & best regards,

Hello Tuning, 

Please adjust some settings in MPD config page on Eunhasu, http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en/mpd

Thank you.

Best regars, May

22 hours ago, MayfromSOtM said:

Hello Tuning, 

Please adjust some settings in MPD config page on Eunhasu, http://docs.sotm-audio.com/doku.php?id=en/mpd

Thank you.

Best regars, May

Dear May,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have read the document with your provided link. Juggle between varies settings.
However, still cannot able to play the DSF files via my Yamaha S3000 USB Dac.
Now settled with the following settings which can play most of my wav, flac files.
1. DoP
2. Audio Buffer size : 4096

3. Buffer before play : 0

4. Buffer time : 500000

5. period time : 5084

6. Replay gain : None

7. OpenHome : Tick

8. Library suto update : Tick

9. Mixer type : hardware

Your valuable advice are appreciated.

come sa me da

4 minutes ago, Tuning said:

Dear May,

I have read the document with your provided link. Juggle between varies settings.
Now settled with the following settings which can play most of my wav, flac files.
1. DoP

come sa me da

CD-S3000 CD-S3000 Natural Sound CD Player

With high resolution audio sources becoming more and more common today, we designed the CD-S3000 for optimum enjoyment of those sources with superior D/A conversion and the unit’s balanced signal output, and equipped it with a built-in USB DAC function which allows direct input of digital audio (from a computer, etc.) through a USB terminal. The USB DAC employs an original IC, developed specifically for Yamaha. It has an internal master clock, and can perform low-jitter transmission based on asynchronous transmission, or receiving signals without being synchronised with the master clock in the PC. The unit is compatible with digital audio of up to 192 kHz / 24-bit resolution.

Is this unit capable of receiving digital audio above 192 kHz/24-bit resolution?

36 minutes ago, pas said:

CD-S3000 CD-S3000 Natural Sound CD Player

With high resolution audio sources becoming more and more common today, we designed the CD-S3000 for optimum enjoyment of those sources with superior D/A conversion and the unit’s balanced signal output, and equipped it with a built-in USB DAC function which allows direct input of digital audio (from a computer, etc.) through a USB terminal. The USB DAC employs an original IC, developed specifically for Yamaha. It has an internal master clock, and can perform low-jitter transmission based on asynchronous transmission, or receiving signals without being synchronised with the master clock in the PC. The unit is compatible with digital audio of up to 192 kHz / 24-bit resolution.

Is this unit capable of receiving digital audio above 192 kHz/24-bit resolution?

According to Australian Hi-Fi it can.

All that aside, Yamaha has doffed its cap to newer technologies with the CD-S3000 because it not only functions as a CD player, but also as an SACD player, and also as a DAC, in which case you can stream SPDIF and USB to it so you can use it to play back digital files stored on your computer—and those files can be in DSD64 or DSD128, as well as the more usual suspects, MP3 (aarrgghh!), PCM et al.

6 hours ago, Tuning said:

Dear May,

1. DoP

come sa me da

The DOP requires the max software volume. To do this, you can set the replay gain to none and mixer type to none or null. Pleaset try it with the setting let me know the result.

Thank you.

Best regards, May

On 2018-05-01 at 10:01 PM, Tuning said:

Deleted post.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

17 hours ago, MayfromSOtM said:

The DOP requires the max software volume. To do this, you can set the replay gain to none and mixer type to none or null. Pleaset try it with the setting let me know the result.

Thank you.

Best regards, May

Dear May,
Thanks for prompt reply.
I will try your suggestion and get back to you.

In additions, I have been using the Auralic's  Altair and Aries. Both can stream/render the dsf signals and the 'DoP' displayed on S3000.

By the way, can the sms-200 accept 12V LPS input ? What is the best 'V' value for the sms-200 ?

Thanks & regards,
Tuning