IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

I know I should have held off but I did the version 4.16 update and now MPD does not work at all no matter how many times I reboot or go through a full switch off then on routine.  JRiver works via the SMS-200 "Zone" so I'll stick to that until the fix is available.

If you are still using version 4.14 I would advise you not to do the update until those of us on 4.15 or 4.16 can verify it is fixed presumably with version 4.17.

Hello

I'm Jeeho-Oh. I'm an engineer in SOTM.

Thank you for your reply and I'm sorry to have a problem.
So, if you have problem try this:

Case1: eunhasu version is 0.4.16 and still have problem:
1. Go to the this url:  <your eunhasu address>/upgrade.php?upgrade_server=alpha
2. Click the upgrade button.
3. Reboot your device when the upgrade finish.

Case2: eunhasu version is less than 0.4.16:
Just upgarde to 0.4.16. We've already fix the problem.

If you still have problem after these following please send the e-mail to [email protected].

16 hours ago, sotm.jho said:

Hello

I'm Jeeho-Oh. I'm an engineer in SOTM.

Thank you for your reply and I'm sorry to have a problem.
So, if you have problem try this:

Case1: eunhasu version is 0.4.16 and still have problem:
1. Go to the this url:  <your eunhasu address>/upgrade.php?upgrade_server=alpha
2. Click the upgrade button.
3. Reboot your device when the upgrade finish.

Case2: eunhasu version is less than 0.4.16:
Just upgarde to 0.4.16. We've already fix the problem.

If you still have problem after these following please send the e-mail to [email protected].

Thanks for this follow-up. 

Perhaps to avoid confusion, could you designate the fixed 0.4.16 to simply be 0.4.17? Several have experienced 0.4.16 having earlier mentioned issue, so we may feel more comfortable knowing that the actual fixed version is another, new version. 

Source: Synology NAS > DIY Mediaserver • Software: JRiver MC31/Fidelizer Pro Optical output: ASUS Xonar AE 24/192 • DAC/preamp: Blue Cheese Audio Roquefort Digital cross-over: Xilica XP-3060 • Speakers: Electro-Voice TS9040D LX (for active config.)  Subwoofers: 2 x MicroWrecker Tapped Horns • EV horns amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV bass amp: MC² Audio T1500 • Subs amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV horns cables: Mundorf silver/gold 1mm solid-core • IC: Mundorf silver/gold XLR/Mogami 2549 XLR/Cordial CMK Road 250 XLR • Subs and EV bass cable: Cordial CLS 425 • Power cables: 15AWG Solid-core wire w/IeGo pure copper plugs (DIY)

22 hours ago, ClothEars said:

How did you get the version 4.1.4 upgrade?

I thought it would automatically install the latest version (4.1.6).

Sorry for the late reply. 

I believe V0.4.14 became "visible" being that I had made a recovery to V0.4.0; the first upgrade that became available from V0.4.0 was V0.4.14, and only after I'd upgraded to that version did V0.4.16 become available. 

Source: Synology NAS > DIY Mediaserver • Software: JRiver MC31/Fidelizer Pro Optical output: ASUS Xonar AE 24/192 • DAC/preamp: Blue Cheese Audio Roquefort Digital cross-over: Xilica XP-3060 • Speakers: Electro-Voice TS9040D LX (for active config.)  Subwoofers: 2 x MicroWrecker Tapped Horns • EV horns amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV bass amp: MC² Audio T1500 • Subs amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV horns cables: Mundorf silver/gold 1mm solid-core • IC: Mundorf silver/gold XLR/Mogami 2549 XLR/Cordial CMK Road 250 XLR • Subs and EV bass cable: Cordial CLS 425 • Power cables: 15AWG Solid-core wire w/IeGo pure copper plugs (DIY)

18 hours ago, MayfromSOtM said:

Sorry for the confusion updating to the latest f/w. I had reported it to our engineer team and they will check and work on it.

Thank you.

Best regards, May

Hi May, 

It appears the issue has now been solved, as per above SOtM engineer. I've yet to dare try the update.. 

2 hours ago, phusis said:

Sorry for the late reply. 

I believe V0.4.14 became "visible" being that I had made a recovery to V0.4.0; the first upgrade that became available from V0.4.0 was V0.4.14, and only after I'd upgraded to that version did V0.4.16 become available. 

Thanks for that - I'll give it a go.

9 hours ago, MayfromSOtM said:

Yes Jiho has been done the teamviewer session and it will work fine :)

So, downloading the latest V0.4.16 upgrade means that it's fixed and won't need for me to do a Teamviewer session with Jiho? 

11 hours ago, Cornan said:

@MayfromSOtM

I have a couple of question regarding SMS-200Ultra.

1. Is it possible to use BubbleDS Next (OpenHome) to control Tidal with SMS-200Ultra?

2. Do you know if Uptone Audio LPS-1.2 (7v, 9v or 12v/1.1A) is sufficient to power the SMS-200Ultra?

Best regards,

Micael

I would not recommend the LPS 1.2 to power the SMS-200 or Ultra.

I have measured the current draw of the Ultra and it rises to 1.2A during boot up then idles around 600mA in use.

I run mine from a very large capacity 12V battery but have tried it with various LPS's and found it sound best with lots of current headroom with 5A sounding the best (but second to the battery).

My opinion only of course!

15 hours ago, Cornan said:

@MayfromSOtM

1. Is it possible to use BubbleDS Next (OpenHome) to control Tidal with SMS-200Ultra?

2. Do you know if Uptone Audio LPS-1.2 (7v, 9v or 12v/1.1A) is sufficient to power the SMS-200Ultra?

Best regards,

Micael

Hi Michael, 

1. Yes, cause the sMS-200ultra is working as a DLNA renderer.

2. no, the sMS-200ultra is required at least 2A, so please try to use the power supply above 2A.

Thank you~

Best regards, May

On 2/21/2018 at 12:30 PM, Cornan said:

@MayfromSOtM

Best regards,

Micael

For no. 2, look at the Ultra thread. I posted some measurements there. Strictly for the 12V unit. 

HQplayer - NAA - Devialet D-800 - YG Acoustics Carmel + dual ELAC sub-2090

21 minutes ago, zoltan said:

For no. 2, look at the Ultra thread. I posted some measurements there. Strictly for the 12V unit. 

I found it thanks! ? So, with 12v it is around 0.7 - 0.8A, but could according to @ClothEars kick up to 1.2A during boot-up. Does your sMS-200Ultra never reach >0.8A during a split second?

Seems that LPS-1.2 is a plausible power supply. Do you still use JS-2 or any other one for it right now?

🎛️  Audio System  

On 2/20/2018 at 6:10 PM, sotm.jho said:

Can I check your device? please send to me the TeamViewer ID and PASSWD. 

Then, I will check your problem.

My E-mail address is [email protected]

ive got the dreaded mpd spin of death .. what do you mean by '  TeamViewer ID and PASSWD. ' ?

i cant get mpd to start .. i new i should have listened to myself and not done it !

anyone got any suggestions ? back to my raspberry pi streamer 

4 hours ago, Cornan said:

I found it thanks! ? So, with 12v it is around 0.7 - 0.8A, but could according to @ClothEars kick up to 1.2A during boot-up. Does your sMS-200Ultra never reach >0.8A during a split second?

Seems that LPS-1.2 is a plausible power supply. Do you still use JS-2 or any other one for it right now?

Given the sensitivity and the response speed of my multimeter, I didn't see anything higher than 0.8 on the display even when booting. However, you may see higher values when you upgrade firmware, for example, or use an attached USB drive. I still use JS-2 (I also have Paul Haynes SR3 and SPS-500) and the 'single' LT3045 board from Stamheim I found and bought based on your posts here and DIY audio forum.

HQplayer - NAA - Devialet D-800 - YG Acoustics Carmel + dual ELAC sub-2090

40 minutes ago, Boomboy said:

ive got the dreaded mpd spin of death .. what do you mean by '  TeamViewer ID and PASSWD. ' ?

i cant get mpd to start .. i new i should have listened to myself and not done it !

anyone got any suggestions ? back to my raspberry pi streamer 

Did you upgrade to v0.1.16 today ?  It is supposed to work.

Download teamViewer to your desktop and install. URL is

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/     or Linux, or whatever you have running on your computer.  Not sure

what Jeeho-Oh does if you do not have a computer on the network.

When you run teamViewer there will be an ID nnn nnn nnn and password xxxx shown on the left.  Send this to Jeeho-Oh.