IGNORED

T+a dac 8 dsd

1) No

2) No. They will not until they have the info from Amanero

3) Jesus is aware, but you are getting ahead of the whole situation.

The ball is in Amanero court at the moment. Barring an unexpected surprise. But do not hold your breath. Wherever/if ever, it comes from may be a while, or not.

Again, everyone, T+A, Sonore, are waiting on Amanero.

But that does not mean T+A and/or Sonore will add it to their equipment if/when it is released. One might and the other might not.

Just saying.

So currently will the uRendu work with upsampling to DSD256 in NAA mode with this DAC ?

So currently will the uRendu work with upsampling to DSD256 in NAA mode with this DAC ?

No. It has nothing to do with the rate (256/512). The uRendu is Linux based. The T+A DAC 8 DSD does not have a Linux Driver, yet, maybe. Amanero needs to update their code. Then T+A has decide to do theirs after they get the update. Then Sonore.

You are stuck on this issue with the uRendu. What you should be stuck on is how great sounding the DAC 8 DSD sounds without the uRendu. There are worse things then having to use a Windows based PC. W10 is not that bad for Audio. Though go with the Pro and above versions only.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

No. It has nothing to do with the rate (256/512). The uRendu is Linux based. The T+A DAC 8 DSD does not have a Linux Driver, yet, maybe. Amanero needs to update their code. Then T+A has decide to do theirs after they get the update. Then Sonore.

You are stuck on this issue with the uRendu. What you should be stuck on is how great sounding the DAC 8 DSD sounds without the uRendu. There are worse things then having to use a Windows based PC. W10 is not that bad for Audio. Though go with the Pro and above versions only.

I am not stuck anywhere but its now clear with the problem of the native DSD support. I have well tricked out dual PC jplay setup with WS 2012R2/AO/FidelizerPro/PL/PPA clocks/ram/usb and I am aware of most of the windows thing and neither against it. I recently acquired a uRendu and it sounds very good in HQP NAA mode and wanted to check how can I best use it with the T+A.

the only drawback is that to deal with DSD512 you have to use a windows machine , exit OS X with my Mac mini or linux renderer like micro-rendu and i hate windows too.. :)

I've read a lot but am still confused on this issue. My current DAC doesn't do DSD at all but I'm thinking of upgrading to one that does. Could someone kindly explain to me what are the exact limitations of Mac OS X when it comes to DSD output, in terms of maximum DSD rate natively and DoP?

Mac Mini > RME ADI-2 DAC > Hypex Ncore monoblocks > ATC SCM-11 speakers & C1 subwoofer

I've read a lot but am still confused on this issue. My current DAC doesn't do DSD at all but I'm thinking of upgrading to one that does. Could someone kindly explain to me what are the exact limitations of Mac OS X when it comes to DSD output, in terms of maximum DSD rate natively and DoP?

DoP is DSD through PCM packets (the DAC reads them as DSD though).

Therefore the (Mac OSX) limitation depends on PCM input of your DAC.

If USB max input is 384 kHz, max DSD through DoP is DSD128.

If USB max input is 768 kHz, max DSD through DoP is DSD256.

DoP is DSD through PCM packets (the DAC reads them as DSD though).

Therefore the (Mac OSX) limitation depends on PCM input of your DAC.

If USB max input is 384 kHz, max DSD through DoP is DSD128.

If USB max input is 768 kHz, max DSD through DoP is DSD256.

Thank you, that's very helpful to me. And what is the situation with DACs that accept native DSD, does Mac OSX support that output directly, or does that require special drivers? My apologies if this is going a little off-topic.

Mac Mini > RME ADI-2 DAC > Hypex Ncore monoblocks > ATC SCM-11 speakers & C1 subwoofer

Thank you, that's very helpful to me. And what is the situation with DACs that accept native DSD, does Mac OSX support that output directly, or does that require special drivers? My apologies if this is going a little off-topic.

Asio...only Windows and in certain cases Linux too.

Thanks, that was the feedback needed. My wife still likes to put a cd from time to time. MP2000R looks like on of the most complete machines (streamer, cd play, dac)...

Sorry to disappoint, but the Euro 5,900 European MSRP T+A MP 2000R Mk 2 does not support DSD 512, the maximum is DSD 256

http://ta-hifi.de/fileadmin/pdf/r-serie/Specifications_R_Series_MP_2000_R_EN.pdf

The Euro 13,500 (?) PDP-3000 HV does do DSD 512, but listening to its DSD 64, 128, 256 and 512, we suspect that the unit's 1-bit converter has been tuned / optimized for the best possible reproduction of SACD's. It was the best DSD64 playback I have ever heard.

For Audiophiles not wishing to use HQ Player, up convert everything to DSD512, the PDP-3000 would be a box to audition

Sound Test, Monaco

Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland

e-mail [email protected]

Having talked with Lothar Wiemann of T+A at the SGM Event, he explained to me that the main difference between the DAC8DSD and the PDP3000 is - besides the CD slot - that the PDP3000 actually has 2 different individually optimized output stages for DSD and PCM, whereas the DAC8DSD only has one.

From what I heard at BMW Welt, the output stage of the DAC8DSD seems then optimized for DSD, rather than PCM.

Consultant to Taiko Audio

Vega has sabre chip. Here we talk about chipless 1 bit converters like Dac8, Lampi, DSD1, etc.

I see. Can you give me a general idea of how this affects audio? Another area where I don't know poop. lol

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Asio...only Windows and in certain cases Linux too.

There's one case I'm aware of where ASIO is supported on OS X, and that is with the exaSound DACs. exaSound has developed its own ASIO driver for OS X. The current-model exaSound DACs all go up to DSD256.

Note that it's very unlikely that the Sonore devices will ever support native DSD on the exaSound DACs, so if you're OS X-based and wanted to use one of the exa DACs with an HQP NAA, you'd have to go with a Windows-based NAA or the exaSound PlayPoint ($2K).

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

There's one case I'm aware of where ASIO is supported on OS X, and that is with the exaSound DACs. exaSound has developed its own ASIO driver for OS X. The current-model exaSound DACs all go up to DSD256.

Note that it's very unlikely that the Sonore devices will ever support native DSD on the exaSound DACs, so if you're OS X-based and wanted to use one of the exa DACs with an HQP NAA, you'd have to go with a Windows-based NAA or the exaSound PlayPoint ($2K).

--David

True...my Bad.

Exasound has a dedicated Steinberg based driver that can do DSD256. I forgot...

... My Windows build is highly tuned, so perhaps that's the difference. That and Roon / Hqplayer run from ramdisk.

Thanks for the info.

I have a 6700 non-K machine.

Are there guides to remove W10 dross for Roon+HQP only use?

All I've done is kill Skype processes!

Thanks for the info.

I have a 6700 non-K machine.

Are there guides to remove W10 dross for Roon+HQP only use?

All I've done is kill Skype processes!

Audiophile Optimizer (AO) is a wonderful toolset for doing exactly that. My Win 10 Pro is highly tweeked due to AO's tools and options.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f28-highend-audiopc-sponsored/audiophileoptimizer-windows-10-beta-thread-26229/index14.html#post541472

Audiophile Optimizer (AO) is a wonderful toolset for doing exactly that. My Win 10 Pro is highly tweeked due to AO's tools and options...

Having a look at the web site - am I correct in saying that the W10 is in beta and I would need to buy a Windows Server 2012 license and then DL the 2.0 beta for W10?

Having a look at the web site - am I correct in saying that the W10 is in beta and I would need to buy a Windows Server 2012 license and then DL the 2.0 beta for W10?

No, the Win 10 production version is very soon.

Re. Amanero and its firmware revision, I have just talked to the designer. For the last three weeks he has been flat out working/debugging on his new card.

After me pleading for a new firmware revision (RC3), he told me that he was hoping to work on it by the end of the week. He already knows what the problem is and just has to test it on some Linux machine.

So there is some hope that the first, important step to DSD Native for Amanero on Linux is closer to completion.

Re. Amanero and its firmware revision, I have just talked to the designer. For the last three weeks he has been flat out working/debugging on his new card.

After me pleading for a new firmware revision (RC3), he told me that he was hoping to work on it by the end of the week. He already knows what the problem is and just has to test it on some Linux machine.

So there is some hope that the first, important step to DSD Native for Amanero on Linux is closer to completion.

Super! Thanks for doing this.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Thanks. That's indeed great news. keep us posted please.

Good news!

I called Amanero again, just to be sure that he was working on the new firmware release.

He told me that he is testing it under Fedora, within 12 hours he should release the new firmware code and publish the news on github where people like me will then be able to test it.

...we are getting there...

Good news!

I called Amanero again, just to be sure that he was working on the new firmware release.

He told me that he is testing it under Fedora, within 12 hours he should release the new firmware code and publish the news on github where people like me will then be able to test it.

...we are getting there...

Great work, but how do we get T+A to implement it?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)