IGNORED

T+a dac 8 dsd

Speaking of A Far Cry in Binaural DSD 128, Native DSD has extended their practice of giving you the lower DSD bit rates on a purchase to their Binaural DSD downloads.

So, if you bought A Far Cry in Binaural DSD 128, you can now download the Binaural DSD 64 version at no added cost.

I bought A Far Cry in "normal" stereo and agree it's terrific - exceptional playing and sound.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

My point is: I don't think he ever said DSD512. It takes a decently powerful and efficient server to get to 512 cleanly. Hope for the best though. Let me know your impressions; I must miss Axpona this year.

You are right.

It's a static display (no people at the booth) with a Mac Laptop and the T+A DAC playing the Ray Charles album Genius Loves Company in PCM.

No DSD 512 or DSD for the T+A at this show. :)

While you and everyone else of course may have your preferences musically,there can only be ONE REFERENCE in a true HI FI sense, and that remains acoustic instruments and the human voice.

Do look up the term HI FI to get a better appreciation of what it really means.

Sorry to have to repeat it so often here but those are the facts,everything else is just subjective and lack a real reference.

Your favourite electonica music may sound more pleasing and enjoyable to you via equipment A than B, but that has little to do with HIFI.

And the facts I quote have nothing to do with snobbery, they are simply facts nothing else.

Difficult to deal with for some .But nevertheless simply facts.

LOL, thanks for taking the time educating me on your absolute opinion and facts, no offense taken. Surely my 30+ yrs as a musician I have no ref point from live, acoustic and studio settings. Yep, it is difficult to deal with for some.

My rig

LOL, thanks for taking the time educating me on your absolute opinion and facts, no offense taken. Surely my 30+ yrs as a musician I have no ref point from live, acoustic and studio settings. Yep, it is difficult to deal with for some.

So that's one of the reasons why we have to be careful of what we say. We rarely know the background of each other or where they're coming from...

You are right.

It's a static display (no people at the booth) with a Mac Laptop and the T+A DAC playing the Ray Charles album Genius Loves Company in PCM.

No DSD 512 or DSD for the T+A at this show. :)

Hm. Interesting. Isn't this new DAC called something like T+A DAC 8 DEE ES DEE?

What is the point?

That gives you some serious credibility in my book. :)

So that's one of the reasons why we have to be careful of what we say. We rarely know the background of each other or where they're coming from...

Its all good and my comment wasn't meant to be contentious in any way (I forgot to add a smile as well). Music is a beautiful thing when done well (subjective of course) :) This is a T+A dac thread so back to it!

My rig

Yes... Since that one is still compromised in the DSP chain, it would be nice to get cheaper variant of the same DAC with the "PCB1" removed and replaced with simple DSD-only input capable of DSD512/DSD1024/DSD2048. :)

I wonder how much the T+A's DSD-only module would cost (sans the pcm circuitry and volume control)...

Yes, we now have DAC 8 DSD available for purchase. Most are going out to our dealers. There are currently not a lot of T+A dealers. You can go to our find a dealer page(Find a Dealer of one of Rutherford Audios brands) and click the T+A tab and see if one is near you. Worst case scenario you can purchase online on our shop.

I tried the dealer near me. Doesn't keep even one in stock. Sorry, I'm not going to put out that kind of cash on a component without a chance to see it or even do an in store audition.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I tried the dealer near me. Doesn't keep even one in stock. Sorry, I'm not going to put out that kind of cash on a component without a chance to see it or even do an in store audition.

Rutherford has a 30 day free return policy so just order from them and give it a try.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

We just received them yesterday so there is no way at all that a dealer could even have stock yet.

We just received them yesterday so there is no way at all that a dealer could even have stock yet.

Sorry for not making it clear. I wasn't referring to you and your distribution. I'm not in the US. The local dealer - by policy - doesn't have one. Basically his attitude is, "if you want one, order one". He's not alone in having that attitude - many dealers/distributors say the same thing here. I could give you a long list of the brands that have told me that. Basically, I've decided I won't even consider something without at least a store audition, even if it is the "best DAC in the world".

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Has anyone tried hooking up a T+A DAC 8 DSD to a Sonore Sonicorbiter SE (or microRendu)? I'm very curious about whether this is a workable combination.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

The T+A DAC 8 DSD received an Editor's Choice award in the May 2016 issue of Hi-Fi News and Record Review.

Sorry, but I do not have an online link for it.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

Delivered today:

26292133950_ea47740bc7_b.jpg

26292136210_a1d5ee3317_b.jpg

With the Windows 10 NAA/Renderer, plus HDPlex LPS, in the middle shelf. (And the PS to my SET amp at the bottom).

25960033224_73b564b7a8_b.jpg

Now I need to read the instructions, wire it up and give it a test listen tonight.

Thanks to Chad and Norm at Rutherford Audio.

Software: HQPlayer | JRiver | Fidelizer Pro | Roon | Qobuz

Music Server: i7 6700K (Windows 10) | DAC: T+A DAC8 DSD, Marantz SA 14S-1, Schitt Yggdrasil | Preamp: DIY AMB alpha24 Fully-differential line amp | Amp: DIY M3 Balanced or DIY Tube Amp (2A3-300B) | Headphone: Shure SRH-1840, Audeze LCD-X, AKG K-501, Sennheiser HD600, HD800 | Speakers: Klipsch Heresey III

Stereoplay (a respected hifi magazine in Germany) also did a review and gave it high grades. But to put things in perspective, they ranked the Ayre QB9 DSD and the Mcintosh D150 higher in their ranking system.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

Stereoplay (a respected magazine in Germany) also did a review and gave it high grades. But to put thinks in perspective, they ranked the Ayre QB9 DSD and the Mcintosh D150 higher in their ranking system.

Reading the Stereoplay Review, it looks like the reviewer did not use the T+A DAC 8 DSD to play any DSD512 material. The music piece in the review which is mentioned is a 24/192 track from 2L

This absence of trying out the DAC 8 DSD in DSD 256 and DSD 512 playback mode, sadly does not surprise me. About 9 months ago, Stereoplay did a review of player software including HQ Player, where they seemed to miss that one of the key features of HQ Player is its ability to convert PCM to DSD realtime.

On the Bryston Forum in the BDP-3 thread, I have repeated asked new owners if they have tried using HQ Player to convert PCM to DSD 256, so far no one has posted

Sound Test, Monaco

Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland

e-mail [email protected]

DSD512 on one of the best current DACs with a DIY SET Tube Amp.

I think you're a man of sophisticated musical acuity. :D

With the Windows 10 NAA/Renderer, plus HDPlex LPS, in the middle shelf. (And the PS to my SET amp at the bottom).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25479[/ATTACH]

Now I need to read the instructions, wire it up and give it a test listen tonight.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels