IGNORED

Song of the Day (or welcome to the ADD Generation).....

On 4/30/2018 at 12:34 PM, accwai said:

Steve Reich: Clapping Music

Neil Percy, Sam Walton

I like it better with a guitar:

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

3 hours ago, accwai said:

As for flamenco, aren't the stomping and sometimes castanets integral part of the rhythm? And the singing too?

Indeed they are. It was just stating a personal preference, some modern music can sometimes be a bit overly minimalistic... Interesting from a conceptual perspective but a bit insipid.

On 9/18/2018 at 8:13 AM, semente said:

Indeed they are. It was just stating a personal preference, some modern music can sometimes be a bit overly minimalistic... Interesting from a conceptual perspective but a bit insipid.

To me this isn't a matter of preference but far more a matter of accuracy to source. Steve Reich is Steve Reich, flamenco is flamenco and Boccherini is Boccherini right? By the way, recently after a shipboard walkaround tour organized by the photo department on a big cruise ship, people were showing their photos. The lady ship photog saw my plant photos and noticed my affinity to Karl Bloßfeldt. So I guess I am objectivist at heart.

As for insipidness in minimalist music, I don't know. I'm not nearly as discerning as most here on CA. Hey, I even like operas. So my taste is obviously questionable. In any case, Song of the Day:

Steve Reich: Pendulum Music

Joan Cerveró, Víctor Trescolí, Isabel León, Estefanía Sánchez

9 hours ago, accwai said:

To me this isn't a matter of preference but far more a matter of accuracy to source. Steve Reich is Steve Reich, flamenco is flamenco and Boccherini is Boccherini right? By the way, recently after a shipboard walkaround tour organized by the photo department on a big cruise ship, people were showing their photos. The lady ship photog saw my plant photos and noticed my affinity to Karl Bloßfeldt. So I guess I am objectivist at heart.

As for insipidness in minimalist music, I don't know. I'm not nearly as discerning as most here on CA. Hey, I even like operas. So my taste is obviously questionable. In any case, Song of the Day:

Steve Reich: Pendulum Music

Joan Cerveró, Víctor Trescolí, Isabel León, Estefanía Sánchez

I have listened to this piece live and enjoyed it (even bought the CD, which by the way is a good test track):

81EUf654grL._SL1021_.jpg