IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

I was looking to a N10, but just for Tidal and MQA.

But if they don't do anything such as a firmware upgrade to allow MQA decoding, i cannot warm up to searching via tidal and saving to Favourites.

Do you see the duplicate albums from the aurender streamer and randomly selecting both till you find the MQA coded version and just let it play?

I just got a Node 2 to try MQA and liking it. The difference is that i can select search, select and play instantly from the BluOS as the Node is a certified player.

I wonder if this will be so for the A10 which will then be of interest. But without any update to the aurender app, i can not see how this will enable the A10 to play Tidal MQA from their APP.

I am guessing if they dont update the N devices, there won't be so for the A10 as well, sadly.

Yes, I see the duplicate albums on the ipad interface.

Since you can then mark the one you want as a favorite album on the iPad, this is not too bad.

Tech-support said that they are waiting for TIDAL to provide more information about the files upfront. Currently you need to play the file to find out what type it is.

Personally, I have also been looking at the Google documents list of MQA files, and then saving some of these into a "Master" playlist.

So once you have identified a file or album as favorite or master playlist, then it is very easy to play.

E

But if they don't do anything such as a firmware upgrade to allow MQA decoding, i cannot warm up to searching via tidal and saving to Favourites.

Do you see the duplicate albums from the aurender streamer and randomly selecting both till you find the MQA coded version and just let it play?

I just got a Node 2 to try MQA and liking it. The difference is that i can select search, select and play instantly from the BluOS as the Node is a certified player.

I wonder if this will be so for the A10 which will then be of interest. But without any update to the aurender app, i can not see how this will enable the A10 to play Tidal MQA from their APP.

I am guessing if they dont update the N devices, there won't be so for the A10 as well, sadly.

I add the MQA albums to favorites from my desktop. Shows up in the Aurender Tidal favorites in the Conductor app.

Chris is running the Beta firmware and maybe he can chime in how he searches MQA files on Tidal.

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Do you mind elaborating on adding favourites part.

If you see 2 same titles (One will most likely be MQA), Can you just tap on the album to start playing if it happens to be the MQA version.

Am i correct that you will need to first do you identify the MQA version, how so? Secondly you then have to save this version as favourites all from the ipad Aurender app?

I may have understood wrongly, but it seems adding favourites has to be done on the PC/Mac then saved as Tidal favourites before refreshing the Aurender app (from the IPAD) then it plays as MQA.

This seems to be another 2 steps, switching from PC/Mac to Aurender again.

On the iPad app, it is very easy to select individual tracks or whole albums to be favorites. Basically, you star them.

As I said before, on the iPad app we currently see two copies of these albums, one for normal, one for master. They appear identical currently.

Currently, if you are using the iPad app, you will need to guess which one you want if you don't know if it is a master or not. As you suggest, you can just try and play.

Alternatively, you can do some of your searching and navigation on the PC desktop application but this is optional.

once you have identified which one is MQA, it will now be starred, so you will be able to play in the future easily without testing.

Thank you.

So this is an issue with Tidal and nothing to do with software decoding by the App.

Software decoding can be done once setup in Tidal.

Yes but currently software decoding only works if you're running and playing from the Desktop tidal app

Sorry, so how do the Aurenders currently perform software decoding to play MQA up to 24/96?

Max you are going to get with any non-MQA dac right now thru any of the Aurenders is 24-48. Not sure what you are getting with a Aurender and a MQA enabled dac.

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Dang, it plays MQA and not software decoded even after saving from the desktop app to favourites and played thru the Aurender.

With no plans to fix this, it means all Aurenders before A10 will not even even half of the true MQA files though many reports there is some improvement playing the bit perfect MQA files undecoded.

Quoted reply from Aurender

(We may never offer software decoding of MQA in the digital only Aurender products, so currently at best the only thing you could compare would be high resolution PCM or DSD versions of the same content)

I think I may be pulling the trigger on the A10 sometime in the next few days. I like the fact that it's mostly a one box unit. My pre/pro is the Classe ssp800, but it's pretty long in the tooth I think. Bypassing it would be the way to go for me from what I've heard about the A10 DACs.

Curious to know why more people don't own them here, or at least it seems like it. I'd be interested to hear more opinions about them.

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Wireworld Silver Electra PCs..IsoAcoustics Gaia I and II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

I think I may be pulling the trigger on the A10 sometime in the next few days. I like the fact that it's mostly a one box unit. My pre/pro is the Classe ssp800, but it's pretty long in the tooth I think. Bypassing it would be the way to go for me from what I've heard about the A10 DACs.

Curious to know why more people don't own them here, or at least it seems like it. I'd be interested to hear more opinions about them.

Chris will have his review up in a bit I am sure. Most people will not pull the trigger on a 5500( street price a little less) piece until they see professional reviews. I already had a N100s and was coming from a Bryston ,Mac Mini ,Aires , streamers so I knew I liked the Aurender sound. The A10 is a great piece but really shines with a good pre-amp( as most 1 box solutions do).

Hopefully after a few reviews and maybe some press at Axpona it will take off. Looking at other MQA solutions for streamer, dac, and storage it looks like quite a value.

Chris will have his review up in a bit I am sure. Most people will not pull the trigger on a 5500( street price a little less) piece until they see professional reviews. I already had a N100s and was coming from a Bryston ,Mac Mini ,Aires , streamers so I knew I liked the Aurender sound. The A10 is a great piece but really shines with a good pre-amp( as most 1 box solutions do).

Hopefully after a few reviews and maybe some press at Axpona it will take off. Looking at other MQA solutions for streamer, dac, and storage it looks like quite a value.

Great. Thanks for the head's up man. Looking forward to the review.

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Wireworld Silver Electra PCs..IsoAcoustics Gaia I and II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

I'm curious to know what cables you guys find mate well with Aurender.

What cables do you mean? Power, USB, SPDIF, Ethernet..?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Analog ICs, PCs.

Sorry for not being clear.

Analog ICs, PCs.

Upgrade your power cord to something decent ( entry level Shunyata, or one of the many makers on Audiogon ) . Analog IC's are up to you and your beliefs. I use Audience Au24se but there are many fine cables out there, but to get to a decent level of performance you have to spend some dough.

I just installed Stillpoints Ultra Mini's (Set of 3)( 337.00 Shipped w/ coupon), underneath the A10 and a huge upgrade over the Synergistic MIG I was previously using.

I had to send in the Microzotl pre for a remote swap and went back to listening as a standalone. I have to say with the Stillpoint upgrade the A10 sounds pretty freaking good by itself. It certainly is amazing how power cables, IC , vibration control can affect the sound of a particular piece, and we are not talking subtle.

I guess that is what makes this hobby fun. It certainly takes a while as our systems evolve and keep improving as our knowledge and finances allow. I just wish more people enjoyed the hobby as most of my friends think I am nuts showing off a new power cord I got for Xmas. I am fortunate enough to have 3 good friends with nice systems ( Wilson, Martin Logan, Krell , tubes and SS) that we get together at least every 6 weeks or so. But most of the listening is done alone ( that's ok too... no fighting over the sweet spot).

The A10 has made the rounds and impresses in all their systems. Just waiting for the Software update for full blown MQA. I still do not think it will rival a 24-192 wav file rip from a 45 rpm album locally stored, but should be interesting to find out.....

Analog ICs, PCs.

No prob. I have an N10, and upgrading the PC twice was a very worthwhile investment. I'm using AQ, but indeed lots of good choices are available. Same goes for analog IC's. I would suggest to try as many types as possible at home in your own setup (when you have the chance to do so) before you spend your money. Cable performance is very much system dependent IMO.

Upgrade your power cord to something decent ( entry level Shunyata, or one of the many makers on Audiogon ) . Analog IC's are up to you and your beliefs. I use Audience Au24se but there are many fine cables out there, but to get to a decent level of performance you have to spend some dough.

I just installed Stillpoints Ultra Mini's (Set of 3)( 337.00 Shipped w/ coupon), underneath the A10 and a huge upgrade over the Synergistic MIG I was previously using.

I had to send in the Microzotl pre for a remote swap and went back to listening as a standalone. I have to say with the Stillpoint upgrade the A10 sounds pretty freaking good by itself. It certainly is amazing how power cables, IC , vibration control can affect the sound of a particular piece, and we are not talking subtle.

I guess that is what makes this hobby fun. It certainly takes a while as our systems evolve and keep improving as our knowledge and finances allow. I just wish more people enjoyed the hobby as most of my friends think I am nuts showing off a new power cord I got for Xmas. I am fortunate enough to have 3 good friends with nice systems ( Wilson, Martin Logan, Krell , tubes and SS) that we get together at least every 6 weeks or so. But most of the listening is done alone ( that's ok too... no fighting over the sweet spot).

The A10 has made the rounds and impresses in all their systems. Just waiting for the Software update for full blown MQA. I still do not think it will rival a 24-192 wav file rip from a 45 rpm album locally stored, but should be interesting to find out.....

No prob. I have an N10, and upgrading the PC twice was a very worthwhile investment. I'm using AQ, but indeed lots of good choices are available. Same goes for analog IC's. I would suggest to try as many types as possible at home in your own setup (when you have the chance to do so) before you spend your money. Cable performance is very much system dependent IMO.

Thanks guys. My A10 is scheduled for delivery this Friday. Can't wait!

As far as PC's, I have a Lessloss DFPC that I was using for the mac mini so I might try their ICs. Maybe see what Wireworld can bring to the table.

russellbobby, have you tried Symposium? I really liked what the Svelte Plus did for the mini so I might try that again. Thing is, they recommend that the chassis sits flat on top of the shelf for maximum benefit so I have to remove the feet on the A10. Got great results from the Rollerblocks+ also with previous CD players.

I'm curious about the Stillpoints now that you've mentioned it.

Thanks guys. My A10 is scheduled for delivery this Friday. Can't wait!

As far as PC's, I have a Lessloss DFPC that I was using for the mac mini so I might try their ICs. Maybe see what Wireworld can bring to the table.

russellbobby, have you tried Symposium? I really liked what the Svelte Plus did for the mini so I might try that again. Thing is, they recommend that the chassis sits flat on top of the shelf for maximum benefit so I have to remove the feet on the A10. Got great results from the Rollerblocks+ also with previous CD players.

I'm curious about the Stillpoints now that you've mentioned it.

No experience with Symposium. I am sure they make great products as they have been around for awhile. I always have tried to go the cheap way( Herbies, Diy, Viprapods) but never really noticed much improvement and sometime went backwards. A friend gave me the Synergistic Migs so I used them under the A10 sitting an a 2 inch block of Maple. Couldn't really notice a big difference but couldn't hurt. I actually bought the Stillpoints for under my tube pre but that had to go back for the remote swap so I installed them under the Aurender. Didn't take long to figure out what I had been missing. So now the SR Migs are under the power conditioner and I am ordering a set of Stillpoints for the pre. Love this hobby!!

Hi, can someone explain me why some of my music are shown with one album and numbers twice on the app? - when playing the album the numbers are played twice as well?

when lookin in the folder there is only one album and the Numbers is only shown once.

Hi, can someone explain me why some of my music are shown with one album and numbers twice on the app? - when playing the album the numbers are played twice as well?

when lookin in the folder there is only one album and the Numbers is only shown once.

If I understand well, this happens when you have the album saved twice on the HDD. Check your files (doing a search).

2 ch: Aurender N100H, Bryston BDA3, Audio-Research LS25 Mk 2, Chord SMP1050, Dynaudio C1 Signature, Siltech 330i interconnects/330L speaker cables, all Furutech Alpha 3 AC cables, dedicated power lines with Furutech GTX-Gold receptacles, DIY stand. HP: (Aurender N100H/Bryston BDA3 sources), Phonitor X, Audeze LCD-X, AKG812, AKG3003

My apologies, agladstone, for the late reply, and for that matter to all who replied.

I have not tested a large number of MQA files as I am rather into jazz and the MQAs available are from quite diverse genres. But it is a good point to check several, as they could vary in sound quality.

My concern was rather that the N100H tends to add bass that might be not there, a layer I do not hear when playing directly from the Tidal app > MacBook Pro > USB > Aqua La Voce S2 DAC.

I totally agree that Tidal needs to come up with a better solution for finding MQA files!

So what it looks like is that might we all have to invest in MQA-capable DACs to take full advantage of MQA? I personally don't feel like. The only good solution one can come up with is the Mytek Brooklyn. But I read mixed reviews! So it's a bit of an odd situation. I guess we do have to see how the MQA field develops!

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile[/quote

I have been using the N100H going into an MQA capable DAC and Tidal keeps adding more and more MQA albums daily! I think they are up to about 1,350 MQA albums now and I can tell you firsthand that a majority of them sound amazing!

Thus, it is definitely worth purchasing and MQA DAC and I would say that the Mytek Brooklyn is a good solid choice for you!!

Also, as an FYI per some other comments on this thread, the Aurender N10 and N100H passes the MQA files on to an MQA enabled DAC seamlessly!

Also, another tip, only a small portion of the currently available MQA albums are listed on Tidal via the Whas New / Masters listing, most of them are "hidden" and you need to go into the individual artists pages and then look under albums, then if you see duplicates of the albums, try and play them via the desktop version of the Tidal app and if "Master" shows up in the lower right hand corner (instead of HiFi), then you've just discovered a hidden MQA Album, as stated, I have now found 1,350 MQA Albums doing this tedious process, not sure why Tidal is making this so difficult for all of us??

There is a Google Apps shared spreadsheet floating around with most of them listed and it's updated daily, I've added all of my discoveries to that spreadsheet, I'll have to figure out how to add a link to it on the forum for everyone

My apologies, agladstone, for the late reply, and for that matter to all who replied.

I have not tested a large number of MQA files as I am rather into jazz and the MQAs available are from quite diverse genres. But it is a good point to check several, as they could vary in sound quality.

My concern was rather that the N100H tends to add bass that might be not there, a layer I do not hear when playing directly from the Tidal app > MacBook Pro > USB > Aqua La Voce S2 DAC.

I totally agree that Tidal needs to come up with a better solution for finding MQA files!

So what it looks like is that might we all have to invest in MQA-capable DACs to take full advantage of MQA? I personally don't feel like. The only good solution one can come up with is the Mytek Brooklyn. But I read mixed reviews! So it's a bit of an odd situation. I guess we do have to see how the MQA field develops!

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile[/quote

I have been using the N100H going into an MQA capable DAC and Tidal keeps adding more and more MQA albums daily! I think they are up to about 1,350 MQA albums now and I can tell you firsthand that a majority of them sound amazing!

Thus, it is definitely worth purchasing and MQA DAC and I would say that the Mytek Brooklyn is a good solid choice for you!!

Also, as an FYI per some other comments on this thread, the Aurender N10 and N100H passes the MQA files on to an MQA enabled DAC seamlessly!

Also, another tip, only a small portion of the currently available MQA albums are listed on Tidal via the Whas New / Masters listing, most of them are "hidden" and you need to go into the individual artists pages and then look under albums, then if you see duplicates of the albums, try and play them via the desktop version of the Tidal app and if "Master" shows up in the lower right hand corner (instead of HiFi), then you've just discovered a hidden MQA Album, as stated, I have now found 1,350 MQA Albums doing this tedious process, not sure why Tidal is making this so difficult for all of us??

There is a Google Apps shared spreadsheet floating around with most of them listed and it's updated daily, I've added all of my discoveries to that spreadsheet, I'll have to figure out how to add a link to it on the forum for everyone

Super, agladstone, you confirm what I was thinking, namely to invest in an MQA-capable DAC. Even though it is not something I am particularly looking forward to. But with the N100H at hand I reckon that's the best option. So far I was heavily into R2R DACs, but for the sake of MQA capability, the Mytek Brooklyn seems to be a cost-effective solution. I wonder what other brands of DACs might jump onto the MQA bandwagon.

Anyway: good to know that the N100H passes the MQA file bit-perfectly to the downstream DAC! Appreciate your input!

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile