IGNORED

Teresa

PeterSt

Hey guys, gals too ...

Today it occurred to me that some threads are running where I myself suddenly noticed that Teresa should be all over in there, while ... nothing. This doesn't seem right to me.

I just looked and her last post is from October 30, 2014. Her sig, as many will know, says this :

My short and long term memory is mostly gone. However, I love music and it’s the only thing that makes my chronic pain bearable. I have little memory of what I have said in the past and it is a long and difficult process for me to write a short post. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

... but somehow I now see it stronger than I saw it the last time.

I am pretty sure that many - if not all of us have a special feeling with her. Or for her.

All started out with a weirdest (long) thread ever - how she ditched all of her CD's and all her arguments for it (yes, a similar thread is running today which made me think of Teresa). At some stage it was personal me who openly asked her whether she could suffer from some decease (some kind of ODC suggested). Nothing in her sig at that time (years ago by now), but in later stage I saw that I had at least something of that right. This, with an ever defending woman of which I couldn't imagine how to stay so cool, even suggesting CA was part of an explicit therapy.

Teresa, founder of "Music Lover", are you out there somewhere ? Your last posts don't indicate having trouble with CA.

Peter

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Hi Peter,

I'm still alive, however with very little to no short-term memory I don't post my opinions anywhere on the internet. I went into greater detail December 28, 2013 on my Personal message page on my blog. It explains why I seldom post anywhere anymore and why my blog is not updated often.

I have good days and bad days and I try to visit CA at least once a week on one of my better days, but I still get confused just reading a thread and trying to keep up with who said what and where it is going. In the past when someone responded to one of my posts, I had to reread the entire thread, not only to find out what I said but what everyone else said. It's too hard for me so that is why you don't see me in discussions anymore.

Everything in life is harder when one's memory doesn't work anymore. Acceptance and adjustment was hard at first, I did a lot of crying and asking God why? I would also have a panic attack when I forgot what I was doing while doing it. Now I just stop and if it's important I'll find out one way or another. In other words I don't worry about it.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

Oh Teresa !

Thank you so much for letting know.

Can I ask a question ?

I had to reread the entire thread, not only to find out what I said but what everyone else said.

So the above is what you just said.

I have little memory of what I have said in the past and it is a long and difficult process for me to write a short post.

The above is what your sig tells;

I estimated that typing itself somehow was very difficult, but next could not imagine that you often write such long posts.

So is it that it takes you so much time only because of the necessity to re-read so much ? And that typing itself is OK ?

I can imagine to some extent that when people are careful that it may help you to proceed in a thread. A bit like I just did it above. On the other hand that extent would be very small - and actually too small. Still it could work up to a certain amount (= time) into a new thread you like to follow. And when it gets too much, just bail out and don't look back.

I am not sure what I am doing, but I think I can see (and saw long time ago) that when so few starts to be left for enjoyment of life for you, everything which still might be pleasure to fill the day, should be grabbed. I SO MUCH envision how super terrible your situation has to be. So if we can help ... somehow ...

Hey, this could be such a new thread. If you like we try and see whether it can work a little. So a question :

Is it so that you also start to lose (or have lost) memory of music of which you're dead sure you should have known it ?

Maybe I'm asking because "today" it gets more and more known that music helps for therapy; people may not recall a single thing, but when music is held against them from their youth, they jump up and get "alive" again.

No need to answer if you don't feel to. But if you do, a next response may come about. If it is mine, I will try to be careful to repeat (quote) all contexts I see, so all should be kept together in the last post you will be reading.

Otherwise super nice that you took the time to respond. So thanks ! and all the best regards,

Peter

XXHighEnd (developer)

Hi Peter,

I'm still alive, however with very little to no short-term memory I don't post my opinions anywhere on the internet.

hi Teresa,

do not know anything about you other than you have posted that i have read on CA.

this thread by peter served as a reminder about you.

your sig is touching… it gets one thinking about life and many other things.

anyway, good to “hear" from you today. don’t know why. have a feeling that does not really matter.

i hope you are still enjoying music... even if your posts are fewer and far between.

cheers.

Hi Teresa,

You have a lot of friends here at CA.

Stay as positive as you can and play as much music as you can - only LPs and Hi-res of course!

Ajax

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

Hi Teresa,

It is great to hear from you. As was said by others, you have a lot of friends here! Keep listening to your music and keep finding your patience. You are strong.

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

Hi Peter,

I'm still alive, however with very little to no short-term memory I don't post my opinions anywhere on the internet. I went into greater detail December 28, 2013 on my Personal message page on my blog. It explains why I seldom post anywhere anymore and why my blog is not updated often.

I have good days and bad days and I try to visit CA at least once a week on one of my better days, but I still get confused just reading a thread and trying to keep up with who said what and where it is going. In the past when someone responded to one of my posts, I had to reread the entire thread, not only to find out what I said but what everyone else said. It's too hard for me so that is why you don't see me in discussions anymore.

Everything in life is harder when one's memory doesn't work anymore. Acceptance and adjustment was hard at first, I did a lot of crying and asking God why? I would also have a panic attack when I forgot what I was doing while doing it. Now I just stop and if it's important I'll find out one way or another. In other words I don't worry about it.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

Nice to see you back. Very best wishes with your health.

Enjoy the music, Teresa. Good to hear from you. All the best.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Peter, everything is harder but reading comprehension, concentration and understanding is what I struggle with the most.

Long posts in the recent past were mostly cut and paste with a little edit from older posts on CA, Audio Asylum and SA-CD.net forums. I have in a large file on my hard drive. I just search the topic to find what I'm looking for. But even with that it often took 5 or 6 hours to write a longer post. And this is the number one reason no one going forward will know my opinion on anything as I am not mentally equipped to defend it.

Music is one of the few things I can still enjoy, I'm no longer able to read or comprehend books or watch complex movies, etc. Short articles I can still grasp it least while I'm reading it, as tomorrow there will be no memory of it.

As far as typing goes, I seem to misspell more and more words, spell correct doesn't always offer the right correction so I must keep trying again and again until my misspelled word gets close to want I wanted then I look up the definition of the word with a right click to see if it is the word I needed.

Thanks for your concern and for everyone's kind words and well wishes.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

Teresa,

Treasure the good days. Hopefully, ride out the bad ones. And above all, keep enjoying the music.

Best wishes,

Allan

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Peter, everything is harder but reading comprehension, concentration and understanding is what I struggle with the most.

Long posts in the recent past were mostly cut and paste with a little edit from older posts on CA, Audio Asylum and SA-CD.net forums. I have in a large file on my hard drive. I just search the topic to find what I'm looking for. But even with that it often took 5 or 6 hours to write a longer post. And this is the number one reason no one going forward will know my opinion on anything as I am not mentally equipped to defend it.

Music is one of the few things I can still enjoy, I'm no longer able to read or comprehend books or watch complex movies, etc. Short articles I can still grasp it least while I'm reading it, as tomorrow there will be no memory of it.

As far as typing goes, I seem to misspell more and more words, spell correct doesn't always offer the right correction so I must keep trying again and again until my misspelled word gets close to want I wanted then I look up the definition of the word with a right click to see if it is the word I needed.

Well, you have friends. And you don't have to worry about remembering us, because we will remember for you. :)

Don't hesitate to let us know if you need help with anything. Heck, I'm in Texas and I am sure other people are closer. Just remember to ask for what you need, if you need anything.

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Teresa, don't remind me of my own struggles ! :)

Firstly I don't know f*ck of English anyway, so there it starts. Then I too easily write peroid instead of period in its million variations (just typed variatoins of course) which is plain dyslexia (obviously had to use the spelling checker to get this right). Maybe not really dyslexia but very similar and happening when one goes older a little. Point is, some times, when those words are wrong it is completely impossible to correct them by changing one or two exchanged characters only. I can try 10 times before I give up and scratch the whole word and re-type it. That works. Often I see the corrected word in the spelling checker a few inches above my wrong word, and the heck if I can see the difference. Must be there though unless the checker is out of order.

By now, in this small paragraph I must have corrected over 20 words. But still goes fast enough for me. But some day ...

I have a customer with dyslexia who uses some kind of speech recognition software on his iPhone. Works pretty well. And some times we have a good laugh of what he sprouts and he blames the translation software. Not suggesting that you should use that but it could help when some typing is required anyway.

Nice to keep in touch, but only when you're comfortable with it !

Peter

XXHighEnd (developer)