IGNORED

New streamers from Aurender!

Hyperion

I just pulled the trigger on a N100H, it's replacing an Aries.. Should have it next week.. I really like the idea of having all my music on it's internal drive. This eliminates the issue of wireless vs wired, and of course I can stream directly from my NAS if I ever fill up 2 TB of drive..

I just pulled the trigger on a N100H, it's replacing an Aries.. Should have it next week.. I really like the idea of having all my music on it's internal drive. This eliminates the issue of wireless vs wired, and of course I can stream directly from my NAS if I ever fill up 2 TB of drive..

Welcome to the club!

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Can the aurender work with the Pam to dsd conversion of the fly in jriver jrmc 20 as DLNA server. This greatly improves the sound of Pcm files especially red book variety? If yes, great.

I think you will find the Aurender to be a nice upgrade from the Aries.

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Aurender just sent me a beta version of the AMM for PC. Not quite sure how to use it as the guide is not finished. There are five files inside the zip file. 3 install and 2 applications. I would more than happy to share if someone can walk me thru this.

Thanks,

Russ

• 2 weeks later...
Hi russellbobby

I have sent you a private message, but can i ask if you have managed to get the aurender to connect to a NAS, specifically a Synology NAS

Foxman, from discussions I have had with him, I can tell you that russellbobby is not using a NAS with his N100. I have no personal experience with the N100 (yet) but there "should" be absolutely no problem using one with a Synology NAS. I read about your issues in the other thread and was surprised at all the difficulty you experienced. Synology are incredibly popular NAS units and it would be shocking if they didn't work with the Aurender. Hopefully Brian (bpw) a very knowledgeable Aurender dealer, can chime in, verify that, and provide an answer to the problems you had.

Having just purchased an N100, (won't be delivered until the end of the week) and having a brand new, and expensive Synology NAS, I'm a little concerned too.

JC

"AMM is very easy to setup, but people do need to be aware that they need AMM running on a Mac (Windows version expected soon) to utilize and optimize their Aurender experience"

Just came across this,elsewhere, and since I have no Mac, it's clearly another concern. How could they possibly not have a Window's version already in place? They seriously want to alienate the 95% of computer owners who have Windows machines???

JC

"AMM is very easy to setup, but people do need to be aware that they need AMM running on a Mac (Windows version expected soon) to utilize and optimize their Aurender experience"

Just came across this,elsewhere, and since I have no Mac, it's clearly another concern. How could they possibly not have a Window's version already in place? They seriously want to alienate the 95% of computer owners who have Windows machines???

JC

They have been working on a PC version but haven't released it yet. I assume there has been some difficulty with the process as it has been delayed about three times. I would prefer they not release an unfinished version (as some companies do) and rely upon the customers to assist them in debugging their software.

So far Aurender has released pretty solid and great sounding products, I urge them to resist undue pressure and get it right.

If you purchased a N100, have a PC and your dealer didn't tell you that it wouldn't work, report him to Aurender. Keep in mind that the website is quite clear that AMM is not yet released for PCs.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

They have been working on a PC version but haven't released it yet. I assume there has been some difficulty with the process as it has been delayed about three times. I would prefer they not release an unfinished version (as some companies do) and rely upon the customers to assist them in debugging their software.

So far Aurender has released pretty solid and great sounding products, I urge them to resist undue pressure and get it right.

If you purchased a N100, have a PC and your dealer didn't tell you that it wouldn't work, report him to Aurender. Keep in mind that the website is quite clear that AMM is not yet released for PCs.

I have no idea what dealer he might have purchased it from or if it was a dealer, but I would never have even given a thought to checking to see if the Aurender would work with a pc. That's like an oil company selling gas that was only usable in hybrid cars.

I have no idea what dealer he might have purchased it from or if it was a dealer, but I would never have even given a thought to checking to see if the Aurender would work with a pc. That's like an oil company selling gas that was only usable in hybrid cars.

You would think so. Even though it is on the site, I think they could have made it more obvious. But the download site does say Mac only. :)

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

You would think so. Even though it is on the site, I think they could have made it more obvious. But the download site does say Mac only. :)

Exactly, the Aurender N100 page says this, and I would have taken it as gospel were I looking to purchase one [h=3]AMM(Aurender Media Manager) - cover art & other meta-tag support for contents on the NAS[/h]The Aurender Music Server/Player series could play contents on the NAS by file/folder browsing. With the help of AMM for PC/Mac, N100 and all other existing Aurender Music server series can display and use meta-tag information of the contents on the NAS the same as the content in the Aurender's internal Storage.

Exactly, the Aurender N100 page says this, and I would have taken it as gospel were I looking to purchase one AMM(Aurender Media Manager) - cover art & other meta-tag support for contents on the NAS

The Aurender Music Server/Player series could play contents on the NAS by file/folder browsing. With the help of AMM for PC/Mac, N100 and all other existing Aurender Music server series can display and use meta-tag information of the contents on the NAS the same as the content in the Aurender's internal Storage.

Completely right, King. I checked the N100 information page that you just linked above, last night, and saw that the AMM software was for PC/MAC. I then purchased a virtually brand new one on Audiogon at a great price. Now I'm left wondering when they will actually release the PC version of AMM. Until they do, I might as well just leave it in the box.:(

JC

"Now I'm left wondering when they will actually release the PC version of AMM. Until they do, I might as well just leave it in the box."

ENJOY... it works a treat for me.

http://files.aurender.com/AurenderMediaManager/Beta/AurenderMediaManager-Windows.210.zip

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

• 2 weeks later...