IGNORED

New streamers from Aurender!

Hyperion

Hello Brian,

Do you have the pricing for the N100 with the 1TB SSD and dates for availability?

Cheers,

Warren

The N100 is $2499. From what I gather the 1TB SSD will add about $500.

I don't have a date yet but hope within a couple of weeks.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

Not enough outputs on these devices . Not all Dacs sound best thru USB .

You are missing the point. The more expensive Aurender units have multiple outputs. These and the X series are purposely designed with just USB. Aurender is trying to make a lower priced unit, but that still uses their expensive USB output solution. Hence they keep the cost price/down by only including USB out.

Simply if your DAC doesn't sound best over USB, then these aren't for you. On the other hand, a DAC might not sound best over USB because it hasn't been feed a truly optimal USB signal.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

You are missing the point. The more expensive Aurender units have multiple outputs. These and the X series are purposely designed with just USB. Aurender is trying to make a lower priced unit, but that still uses their expensive USB output solution. Hence they keep the cost price/down by only including USB out.

Simply if your DAC doesn't sound best over USB, then these aren't for you. On the other hand, a DAC might not sound best over USB because it hasn't been feed a truly optimal USB signal.

OK. Then their USB output better be the best out there. I know this company has a great reputation so can't wait for the reviews

Brian, not sure what the OP was referencing, but since he asked, are the new players the sonic equivalent of the X100L? I've heard one of those in a good system and was quite impressed.

JC

I cannot say just yet since the N100 was only on static display at CES but will find out as soon as they are delivered here.

Brian Walsh

Music Direct

Michael Lavorgna at Home Audiostream slightly preferred the S10 to the X100. He didn't stipulate which outputs.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Yeah, there are links. Not that tough to google, though, blaven (took me 45 seconds) :) I know, you are an hour behind me so coffee is still required. So I present:

Aurender X100L | AudioStream

Aurender S10 Music Playback and Storage Solution | AudioStream

"If all of this sounds a lot like my review of the Aurender S10, it should because they do. Although it has been a while, I would give the S10 the upper hand in delivering even greater clarity and ease, getting out of the way of the music even more than the X100L. But compared to my MacBook Pro, the X100L took things in more of a natural and resolved direction. It was simply easier to fall into the music."

The $ difference is 2X, though, so.....

I like my X100L a lot, but I have no S10 to compare it to.

Poor reception at rural hockey rink!!

Much easier to sift through the thread and posts.

.... And some laziness

Aurender N10--> DCS Bartok w Rossini Clock—>Audio Research REF6 Pre --> Vandersteen M5HPA—>Vandersteen Quatro CT Speakers; AMG Giro Turntable w Lyra Delos Cartridge —> Audio Research Ref 3 PhonoPre

Yeah, there are links. Not that tough to google, though, blaven (took me 45 seconds) :) I know, you are an hour behind me so coffee is still required. So I present:

Aurender X100L | AudioStream

Aurender S10 Music Playback and Storage Solution | AudioStream

"If all of this sounds a lot like my review of the Aurender S10, it should because they do. Although it has been a while, I would give the S10 the upper hand in delivering even greater clarity and ease, getting out of the way of the music even more than the X100L. But compared to my MacBook Pro, the X100L took things in more of a natural and resolved direction. It was simply easier to fall into the music."

The $ difference is 2X, though, so.....

I like my X100L a lot, but I have no S10 to compare it to.

Ted, a question if I may....you've had the opportunity to review both the Aurender and the Auralic Aries. I am considering both the N100 with the 1TB SSD and the Aries using an attached USB hard drive. Do you favour one over the other in this scenario?

I would use the AES out to my Berkeley for the Aries and USB out to an Alpha USB for the Aurender.

I would wecome your thoughts. I will never have the opportunity to hear the Aurender without hoping on plane (where have all our stereo stores gone?)

Thanks

Warren

Brian,

Will Aurender's pending integration of Tidal include the ability to see both local files and Tidal catalog (in a single view) as Spotify does with its app? Similarly, will the search function in Aurender's app populate data from both local library and Tidal catalog?

Thanks.

Brian,

Will Aurender's pending integration of Tidal include the ability to see both local files and Tidal catalog (in a single view) as Spotify does with its app? Similarly, will the search function in Aurender's app populate data from both local library and Tidal catalog?

Thanks.

You can toggle between browsing locally stored music and Tidal tracks, and playlists can show both, with Tidal tracks identified. The search function in each is separate.

I just got word overnight from Aurender that they anticipate shipping my N100 order later next week. Woohoo!

Brian Walsh

Music Direct

I think Jimmy's worried that the Tidal (etc) client will be the Aurender App on the iPad, meaning that the content then hasto be streamed to the N100 via AirPlay.

What we hope for is that Tidal (etc) client is running on the N100 machine, thereby not requiring AirPlay between the iPad and the Aurender unit. The iPad remains a control point only.

Grimm Mu-1 > Mola Mola Makua/DAC > Luxman m900u > Vivid Audio Kaya 90

I think Jimmy's worried that the Tidal (etc) client will be the Aurender App on the iPad, meaning that the content then hasto be streamed to the N100 via AirPlay.

What we hope for is that Tidal (etc) client is running on the N100 machine, thereby not requiring AirPlay between the iPad and the Aurender unit. The iPad remains a control point only.

Yes you are correct . If I'm gonna pay 2500 bucks for the N100 it had better have music services integrated like the Aries has for Tidal

& Quboz .

If all I can do is AirPlay music services on the Aurender , I won't be buying one .Ever . AirPlay audio quality can be iffy .

Yes you are correct . If I'm gonna pay 2500 bucks for the N100 it had better have music services integrated like the Aries has for Tidal

& Quboz .

If all I can do is AirPlay music services on the Aurender , I won't be buying one .Ever . AirPlay audio quality can be iffy .

Tidal music streaming is handled through the Aurender iPad app and is unrelated to AirPlay. The iPad app merely acts as a controller for the Aurender for Tidal streaming, not as a conduit for music coming from the iPad and going out through AirPlay. Tidal music tracks are added into playlists along with locally stored music (internal or NAS). It's obvious and intuitive when you see it in action.

Brian Walsh

Music Direct

Well I talked to Aurender support and they told me while Tidal will be integrated they do not support other music services (Spotify, etc. ) and Internet radio.

That is a deal breaker for me . I don't wanna use AirPlay and actually use Songcast on the Auralic Aries because it's simply better quality .

To me , the Aurender N100 looks like a one trick pony and not flexible with only one output .