IGNORED

New streamers from Aurender!

Hyperion

Aurender launches two new streamers - the N100 and N10.

The N100 will be available in January followed by the N10 in March 2015. Both offers NAS connectivity with full cover art browsing etc. The N10 will also have internal storage capacity of 1TB (SSD).

Prices are not yet official.

More info: AURENDER - Reference Music System

Facebook_01.jpg

Aurender N100

ir_attachment_863.jpeg

ir_attachment_857.jpeg

ir_attachment_864.jpeg

ir_attachment_867.jpeg

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | [email protected] | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Not sure if this would be a contender for auralic aries, maybe price will still be far away...but looks promising!

Pros:

- good and stable software

- aurender proven track record

- very polished design and good interface and display.

Cons:

- lacks outputs (only usb).

- not open to standards and other controllers.

The N100 should be at CES this coming week, along with other products shown on the Aurender website.

Our first shipment of N100s is due to arrive in about a week.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

One of the reasons I haven't considered their servers is that they are relatively low powered and don't allow for uses like DRC and upsampling to hires at the server. Doesn't look like the new streamer allows for this from the server either, if you can only use it with their app.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

It would be good to get one that has less:

No graphics, no harddrive, etc.

I could be wrong but I don't think the N100 model has hard drives ?

They only have USB out (so no etc either)

by 'graphics' I guess you mean the OLED display ? the associated development is already done on earlier models so not sure that removing it would make the price much cheaper (and it's one of the nicer displays)

Grimm Mu-1 > Mola Mola Makua/DAC > Luxman m900u > Vivid Audio Kaya 90

Cool..what other Music services will you support? Thanks

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

One of the reasons I haven't considered their servers is that they are relatively low powered and don't allow for uses like DRC and upsampling to hires at the server. Doesn't look like the new streamer allows for this from the server either, if you can only use it with their app.

It seems to me that being low on power is a necessity to keep electrical noise down. At least some reputed designers follow this principal.

the aurender problem is that they gather server, storage and player in the same machine. I can only speculate that this took them extra measures and costs, to create enought isolation and keep the noise down. On the other side, it's very practical for high end retailers to be able to quickly connect and demonstrate with minimal setup.

The N10/N100 will support streaming through WiMP / Tidal after CES (the software update is under development). This is great news for anyone interested in lossless streaming (who isn't :)

I hope this software update will be available for all Aurender devices and not just for N10/100 devices exclusively.

It seems to me that being low on power is a necessity to keep electrical noise down. At least some reputed designers follow this principal.

the aurender problem is that they gather server, storage and player in the same machine. I can only speculate that this took them extra measures and costs, to create enought isolation and keep the noise down. On the other side, it's very practical for high end retailers to be able to quickly connect and demonstrate with minimal setup.

I learned about Aurender N100/N10 almost a month ago from friend in Burbank, CA. I sold my Lumin as my Devialet already has a (Magic Wire ha ha marketing techno babble) DAC and didn't want the redundancy. I emailed suggestion to Lumin months ago that a smaller Lumin w/ large caching drive, w/o on-board dac and outboard P/S would likely have market in fast changing server/streamer market. Prices of SSD drives will continue to drop and soon enough spinning platters will be as antiquated as the old floppy drive and NAS with large SSD's will be ubiquitous.

Yes, these new streamers have full cover art and meta data compatibility from a NAS.

The software is being updated to provide this capability to other models such as the X100 and W20 as well.

Brian Walsh

Music Direct

I hope this software update will be available for all Aurender devices and not just for N10/100 devices exclusively.

Yes, absolutely. I have had the beta software on the X100L and W20 here for some time.

Brian Walsh

Music Direct

When will they permit cover art on that OLED display. As simple as this may appear, I love this aspect of Audirvana on my MBP.

Aurender N10--> DCS Bartok w Rossini Clock—>Audio Research REF6 Pre --> Vandersteen M5HPA—>Vandersteen Quatro CT Speakers; AMG Giro Turntable w Lyra Delos Cartridge —> Audio Research Ref 3 PhonoPre

When will they permit cover art on that OLED display. As simple as this may appear, I love this aspect of Audirvana on my MBP.

A valid question, although trying to see that from across the room would be difficult at best. The text screen of the song name, etc. tends to be the most preferable, although the new firmware about to be released also enables the VU meter display (blue or amber) instead.

The iPad app displays the cover art quite nicely.

Brian Walsh

Music Direct

I would much rather have album cover art than a completely useless blue or yellow VU meter!

Although it will not be large in size, it likely would be very similar in size to Audirvana, Sony, PS3 Audio display.

Nothing would force one to keep album art displayed as one could change to the VP meter or text only display. That's the beauty of at least offering it.

Aurender N10--> DCS Bartok w Rossini Clock—>Audio Research REF6 Pre --> Vandersteen M5HPA—>Vandersteen Quatro CT Speakers; AMG Giro Turntable w Lyra Delos Cartridge —> Audio Research Ref 3 PhonoPre

I would much rather have album cover art than a completely useless blue or yellow VU meter!

Although it will not be large in size, it likely would be very similar in size to Audirvana, Sony, PS3 Audio display.

Nothing would force one to keep album art displayed as one could change to the VP meter or text only display. That's the beauty of at least offering it.

The VU meter display was an easy transfer over from the S10 and W20. I rarely use it, but it's there. Displaying album covers could be provided if enough Aurender owners requested it.

One other option is to turn off the display during playback.

Brian Walsh

Music Direct

Aurender launches two new streamers - the N100 and N10.

The N100 will be available in January followed by the N10 in March 2015. Both offers NAS connectivity with full cover art browsing etc. The N10 will also have internal storage capacity of 1TB (SSD).

Prices are not yet official.

Likely early days but can you tell us the primary difference between the N10 and 100? Is it the of addition the 1Tb SSD? (Which is a very desirable option to me)

Thanks

WDW