IGNORED

Uptone Audio Regen

The power cord itself is detachable from the power supply.

p.s. Ok, I guess I did not understand the question, you want to use the existing power cord and just change the receptacle on the end.

IMG_2845 (1).jpg

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

I understand :) Not easy either to explain without a visual picture... Your suggestion (bulb and battery) seems fine. For the colours, what I mentionned before should be ok (green = ground, black = hot, white = neutral) (in North America that is)...

Good luck :)

Alain

Anybody out there using the regen with the Chord Hugo?

Have had a look for a micro usb male to male usb A adaptor with no luck.

Any ideas?

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

Anybody out there using the regen with the Chord Hugo?

Have had a look for a micro usb male to male usb A adaptor with no luck.

Any ideas?

USB 2.0 Male to Male Micro B Cable Converter Adapter

They also have it with mini-USB if needed. Most of their items are also on Amazon. All this stuff comes from China anyway. I've cut open a dozen or more of these things and they are all about the same quality.

Thank you!

have just ordered adaptor. Second question, would I still need galvanic isolator or does regen have this built in?

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

USB 2.0 Male to Male Micro B Cable Converter Adapter

They also have it with mini-USB if needed. Most of their items are also on Amazon. All this stuff comes from China anyway. I've cut open a dozen or more of these things and they are all about the same quality.

I am using the Hugo with the REGEN. I bought this Adaptor from Amazon, but I am getting much better results with a short USB Male to Micro male Cable.

PS Audio P5 Power Plant>HQ Player Mac Book Pro BootCamp Win10>NAA Mac Mini BootCamp Win 10>REGEN Green>REGEN Amber>IFI iDSD Micro>BHSE>Stax SR-009

d) While the male/male A/B full size USB adaptor must be the single least popular adaptor combo--judging by general availability--here is a link to one (well a 2-pack) on Amazon: Amazon.com: L.L. USB Type A Female to USB Type B Male Adapter, 2 pack: Electronics

It does not have the orientation I needed for the REGEN, but for use with a cable it does not matter at all.

f) All of these adapters--at least the ones I tried--do not connect the shell/shield between the two sides. But of course they connect pin 4 ground, so once they are plugged into anything the shell becomes common to that.

So there you go. More than you ever wanted to know about stupid USB adaptors. I sweat this s**t so you don't have to. ;)

Dude! That was actually a female to male connector! Duh it says that :) oh well ...

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

Dude! That was actually a female to male connector! Duh it says that :) oh well ...

Oh, you are right. But the title does not match the photo in the listing. Typical I suppose.

These days I hunt parts a lot by using Google Image. That's often a much faster way of finding sources for the sort of things I am looking for.

Oh, you are right. But the title does not match the photo in the listing. Typical I suppose.

These days I hunt parts a lot by using Google Image. That's often a much faster way of finding sources for the sort of things I am looking for.

You can always have your customers find them for you. haha

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

By the time Alex has parts for the second run of 150 REGENs at the end of May, they will likely be all pre-sold. He only has 48 units available for order as of 4/27.

I need to test the REGEN on my Berkeley Alpha USB/Aeris system to confirm the benefits realized on my Ayre QB9 DSD. It if works as well on the more expensive system I'll be ordering a second REGN.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Which has better Sound?

Short Link USB Cable from Mac Mini to ReGen

OR

USB adapter from Mac Mini to ReGen

OR

MIT Stylelink Plus USB Cable from Mac Mini to ReGen

OR

Transparent Performance USB Cable from Mac Mininto ReGen?

Regards Wayne

That is a trick question, because the answer is none of the above. The REGEN works best at the other end, connected as close as possible to the DAC. Well you do mention some USB cables, so maybe with those choices you mean to connect the REGEN to the DAC with the solid adapter and run your long USB cable from the computer to the RREGEN's input. That's the best way.

That is a trick question, because the answer is none of the above. The REGEN works best at the other end, connected as close as possible to the DAC. Well you do mention some USB cables, so maybe with those choices you mean to connect the REGEN to the DAC with the solid adapter and run your long USB cable from the computer to the RREGEN's input. That's the best way.

My DAC (Geek Out) closest to the ReGen it can be. I think they are match made deliberately. ; )

Now my last piece of puzzle will be the connection from Mac Mini to ReGen?

Any experience to share?

Regards Wayne

finaly, i want one !

Order #1192 !

thank's Alex.

PS : i'm in europe.... Can i change the power cable and what about voltage ?

here 220v

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

After reading both this thread & the 'Listening' thread I obviously had no option but to order (#1186). Can't wait to see what difference this makes with the Aries & Micro iDSD. Roll on June!

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

No reason for long USB cable ... why not connect Mac Mini to short cable/USB adapter -> Regen -> USB adapter/short -> DAC?

The idea behing using the Corning Optical USB is that it isn't actually a 'USB Cable' in the traditional sense. More akin, electrically, to a straight USB adapter.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

Amongst all the enthusiasm here for the regen, I have to issue a word of caution for those with Exasound dacs who are contemplating the purchase of a regen. I cannot get mine to work with an e28.

I am in touch with Alex about this, who will take the issue up with George at Exasound. So if you have an exasound and a regen, does it work for you? If you haven't tried it yet, please do and let us know how you get on. If you were thinking about one, you might be better waiting a bit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

finaly, i want one !

Order #1192 !

thank's Alex.

PS : i'm in europe.... Can i change the power cable and what about voltage ?

here 220v

Salut Pascal! Yes, you can change the power cord. 220V are no problem.

From the UpTone Audio product site:

The USB REGEN kit includes:

a) the REGEN itself in an all black with silver-printed aluminum case (57 x 46 x 18mm); Input is USB 'B' jack, Output is USB 'A' jack, DC jack is 5.5mm x 2.1mm.

b) the best spec'ed and sounding 22 watt/7.5V/2.93A (overkill) tabletop (93 x 54 x 36mm) world-voltage-compatible SMPS we could find (use a nice linear if you want—in the range of 6-9V/1.5A is fine; or even 12V if you are certain that your DAC is not deriving much power from USB bus); If you own an UpTone JS-2 LPS, then you can consider using one of its outputs—set to 7V—to power the REGEN very nicely!

c) an 18-inch long Volex 18awg power cord to go from the SMPS to the wall (get fancy if you like, or if you are overseas use a power cord with locally appropriate plug);

d) a male/male USB A/B solid adapter plug (for hanging the REGEN right from the back of your DAC; maybe stick a block of something under it if you feel it needs support);

e) a 6-inch male/male USB A>B cable if things are too tight around your DAC's USB input or you just don't want to use the solid adapter.

f) a 4-year, transferrable warranty.

PS: I have ordered one, too :) To pimp my Raspberry -> USB DAC connection.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

Amongst all the enthusiasm here for the regen, I have to issue a word of caution for those with Exasound dacs who are contemplating the purchase of a regen. I cannot get mine to work with an e28.

I am in touch with Alex about this, who will take the issue up with George at Exasound. So if you have an exasound and a regen, does it work for you? If you haven't tried it yet, please do and let us know how you get on. If you were thinking about one, you might be better waiting a bit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you tried your DAC with another hub?

When I was first playing around with a regen prototype I wound up in a situation where a DAC would not work, it turned out the software was accessing the DAC with it's full USB path which now includes the hub. But this software was using the path when it first "discovered" the DAC which didn't include the hub. To see if this is the issue try having your software re-discover DACs and see if it now shows up correctly. Doing a hot-plug might also help (turn off computer, unplug DAC USB connection, turn on computer, plug the DAC in).

John S.