IGNORED

Audirvana + 2.0

juliocat

I tag my own music, rarely accept unchanged what I'm given. I've been very consistent over the years, so all 70k+ tracks in my library are pretty well tagged. "Album artist" is the only way to get albums to stick together if each track has a different artist tag - as is often the case in classical music.

And therein probably lies the difference in why it works for me and not for others. I have maybe 15-20 classical albums in 1900 total with the balance probably 95-98% rock/pop, country, jazz and blues by single artists. I have zero compilations/various artist albums and no soundtracks. So, it may be as much of what my library is composed rather than what I am doing with the Artist tag that allows it to work for me.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa
So I assume the issue is NOT related to metadata tags but to file properties of FLAC files depending on the software used to create the FLAC files. But again: Audirvana Plus 1.5x does not show these issues (metadata as well album art gets displayed correctly).

The same here. Glad you mention this, saves me a lot of time sorting this out. I am using xld and Tag for tagging. Out of 97.464 tracks 489 tracks show empty fields. The corresponding albums don't have this issue in Audirvana 1.5, JRiver or LMS.

In Audirvana 2.0 some tracks show now artist names that are invisible using other programs. I sent Damien details with screenshots. I hope he solves this problem soon.

Lots of comments... Thanks for all the feedbacks!

10.7 has also issues in CoreData, so definitely skipping to at least 10.8 is recommended.

Damien

What kind of audible issues, when I am using iZotope, not CoreAudio?

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

hello, my first post here

I've been using A+ 1.5.12 since few months and all worked fine.

Yesterday I downloaded A+ 2.0 very curious to see the enhancements but I started to have problems as A+ 2.0 was crashing using the standalone mode and I do not find any kind of solution.

I started with the folders synchronization and I tried iTunes Library sync too but A+2.0 still crashes around the half of my files.

I have more or less 25000 tracks in my library and the crash happen when the synchronization reach 12600 tracks (+/-)

I'm using a MacBook Pro late 2011 with up to date Mavericks

Any suggestions?

Stefano

My audio system

Few more observation on A+2. Default Audio Setting in A+2 sounds beter than the old version. It seems like we need to fine tune audio setting again. Secondly, Album sorting in Library Management look strange. It should have been sorted by languages. But, multi-languge albums are mixed with each others.

Library.jpg

Whilst I'd like to thank Damien, sadly I won't be upgrading to A+. It's not because of any metadata issues, although having some form of 'compilation' tag might help when you can sort by artist, rather it is the sound quality. I've got a Buffalo/Legato Dac with the latest PS's fed from a 2013 Mac Mini via USB/WaveIO into 300B monoblocks and Beauhorn loudspeakers. A system not known for it's stridency but A+ really does not do it for me, too harsh, shallow/narrow? So back to v1.5.12.6, I prefer the 1.5.10 version but it's not as stable as I'd like. A different system might be better with A+ as might an OS upgrade, but for me, for now, no.

Finally, found the fix for Album Sorting. By Default, Genre is the first priority sorting, then Album Title.

Few more observation on A+2. Default Audio Setting in A+2 sounds beter than the old version. It seems like we need to fine tune audio setting again. Secondly, Album sorting in Library Management look strange. It should have been sorted by languages. But, multi-languge albums are mixed with each others.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14439[/ATTACH]

Apart from spending dozens of hours in tagging, listing, renaming, etc, etc...is anyone listening to music and can share SQ opinions?......;-)

Thanks fabiodeluca you gave me the smile of my day :-)

I am updating a few album tags while continously listening...

Thanks Damien for this awesome work (I am Frenchie too hi hi hi), waiting for the button "buy the upgrade" on you website !

Mac

Music: iMac 27', Storage Synology 1813+, Amplifier NAD 356DAC, Speakers JM Lab Profile 7

Video: Mac Mini, storage Synology 1813+, AV amplifier Denon AVR 1610, Speakers 5+1 Mission

High end Hifi: CD player Mark Levinson 390s, Amplifier Mark Levinson 330, Speakers Revel Studio

Easy listening: Coming next week Sonos :-)

Finally, found the fix for Album Sorting. By Default, Genre is the first priority sorting, then Album Title.

I found the settings you are reffering by default and have no sorting problems from the very frist time when installed A+ 2.0.

And I understood what Damien was said here earlier (sorting with album artists) - what I was used to..and I leave every settings by default.. No experiment .. so, no problems at all. ;)

Many of us facing problem with meta data and importing .. For me, facing no problem :) ( even I'm in Yosemite )!

No missing artworks .. No meta issues .. I'm a happy user :)

About SQ, it's pretty good to my ears!

It's different from before and different from any previous version.

Oviously what Damien said.. SQ should be optimized for betterment and there's no limit :)

I much prefer this GUI to the previous.

Have the same problems with sorting with regards to the Album Artist preferred over just Artist though. I have only used the Album Artist tag to qualify a Various Artists album, A DJ mix or to designate a current Artist performing someone else's Classical work.

The only bug I've discovered to date is when maximising the Artwork via a double click next to the currently playing window some Artwork will not minimise back again but stays open and A+ needs to be restarted.

As for the SQ; it's good, not better..although the music's a tad more delineated, the soundstage seems to have slightly compressed.

iMac i5 w/ ROON > HP Stream w/ Fidelizer > Intona Industrial > Singxer F-1 DDC > ABBAS DAC3.1SE > Line Magnetic LM-518IA > Altec 604-8G in Custom 350L Cabinets + REL R-528

Apart from spending dozens of hours in tagging, listing, renaming, etc, etc...is anyone listening to music and can share SQ opinions?......;-)

Correct! I'm trying the whole morning to install my previous playlist (m3u) into this program, I can't find a easy way to that!

But... the SQ is very enjoyable to listen to, I prefer it much. I would not say its more detailed but I find it warmer sounding and less harsh (digital).

Will I upgrade now directly? Not before I find a easy way to insert my old playlists and I'm waiting for a remote solution. Only then its worth fully spending hours putting the extra music information in the sidebar of the program. To limited for now!

hello, my first post here

I've been using A+ 1.5.12 since few months and all worked fine.

Yesterday I downloaded A+ 2.0 very curious to see the enhancements but I started to have problems as A+ 2.0 was crashing using the standalone mode and I do not find any kind of solution.

I started with the folders synchronization and I tried iTunes Library sync too but A+2.0 still crashes around the half of my files.

I have more or less 25000 tracks in my library and the crash happen when the synchronization reach 12600 tracks (+/-)

I'm using a MacBook Pro late 2011 with up to date Mavericks

Any suggestions?

The databases of 1.5.x and 2.0 are not the same, which causes 2.0 to crash. The database files in /Music/Audirvana must be deleted so 2.0 can build its own database. I hope that will stop your crashes.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Obviously building a library of around 95.000 tracks takes a long time. No problem. However, adding tracks to this library takes also a long time (3 hours to add 100 tracks). This I find disappointing.

I don't think it should take that long, but Musicophile has experience in how long it takes to add files to a large library, which I do not.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Installed A+ 2.0 last night, and had some minor issues with tags and missing artwork etc but overall its quite a nice piece of software, will have to do some back to back testing against my previous favorite version of A+ 1.5.9 to see which I prefer.

Is their a remote app for the iphone available yet?

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO

Installed A+ 2.0 last night, and had some minor issues with tags and missing artwork etc but overall its quite a nice piece of software, will have to do some back to back testing against my previous favorite version of A+ 1.5.9 to see which I prefer.

Is their a remote app for the iphone available yet?

Not yet - that and SQ ideas are high priority items for Damien.

The databases of 1.5.x and 2.0 are not the same, which causes 2.0 to crash. The database files in /Music/Audirvana must be deleted so 2.0 can build its own database. I hope that will stop your crashes.

What databases in 1.5.x? can you please clarify which files to delete?

Obviously building a library of around 95.000 tracks takes a long time. No problem. However, adding tracks to this library takes also a long time (3 hours to add 100 tracks). This I find disappointing.

I did import my music library of 77,000 plus songs in about 12 minutes.. see my system below..

but how I did report already I have problem with metadata.. and look like is not the issue in A2 but my iTunes library..

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

What databases in 1.5.x? can you please clarify which files to delete?

Only if 2.0 is crashing on startup (otherwise don't worry about this) -

- Open a Finder window.

- Under "Favorites" on the upper left, look for Music.

- If you see Music there, click on it.

- If you don't see Music there, click on your home directory (the one with the little house icon) and find the Music folder there.

- In the Music folder, there's an Audirvana folder. Delete the files in it.

Thanks Damien for this awesome work (I am Frenchie too hi hi hi), waiting for the button "buy the upgrade" on you website !

Thanks Damien.

I will say I bought the full version (even though I could've upgraded). It's my way to say thank you to Damien for all his efforts!

Miguel

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Hi Fabio. Not to deny anyone the pleasure of our favorite sport, but I am not sure how useful inquiry into SQ is at this point, since Damien has not been working on that aspect. He's said SQ and the remote capability are things he intends to work on, so I think it will not be too long before we have plenty to talk about in that respect. :)