IGNORED

Audirvana 2.0 teaser

mkrzych

Then you will be waiting a long, long time, longer even than I would have to wait for you to explain to me why you think you are entitled to someone else's labor and product for free.

If you hadn't admitted stealing the software to being with, it might be possible to take your objections a little more seriously.

As a developer of software that gets updated every six weeks for free (google chrome), I understand why people have come to expect updates for free. Heck, even Apple has stopped charging for major OS updates.

That said, I do recall the same posting that AllAboutTheSound is referencing where Damien either strongly implied or flat out said (I can't easily look it up now) that buying now and upgrading would be about the same price as waiting to buy when 2.0 came out. That's why I bought (thankfully I delayed a bit and then went on vacation, and bought in August), and I assume why others did as well. I can understand his sentiment.

I am happy to support Damien because he makes quality software, something which is rare these days. I'm a little apprehensive about the user interface of the screenshots for 2.0, compared to the slick and professional look and feel of iTunes, but I will let the software speak for itself when it comes out and not rush to any judgements.

-mike

I still run Adobe Photoshop CS3.

I completely agree that it's perfectly fine to keep running the old version if you don't want to buy the upgrade. The old software will keep working just the way it did before the upgrade was released. If you don't believe me, ask any graphic designer.

Having said that, I'll be upgrading A+ as soon as I can, although I'm a little apprehensive about some aspects of the transition. (What will happen to my smart playlists? Will I have to re-import all my DSD files?) For what A+ is and for what it does, I think it's an incredible bargain.

--David (who pays for Adobe CC by the month)

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Again, I purchased my copy with intent to save money on the version I've really been waiting for, 2.0. I'm still waiting for someone to explain the logic in new customers paying the same price and existing customers getting nailed for an extra $39...

I can justify it because I have had the pleasure of using the software for almost a year already, and feel that I have already gotten my money's worth. To pay another $39 after all that time for a completely revamped and expanded new version is more than reasonable. Sorry you don't agree. BTW, how long did you enjoy the software "on the sly" without paying for it?

Again, I purchased my copy with intent to save money on the version I've really been waiting for, 2.0. I'm still waiting for someone to explain the logic in new customers paying the same price and existing customers getting nailed for an extra $39...

It's a promotion to earn new customers, but no logic will ever convince you to buy software: you think it is justified to pirate them or get all new features for free as if the work done by a coder is somehow worthless.

If theft is all right, I guess it's also okay for someone in Detroit to steal all your stuff and kidnap your wife and kids too?

If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Simple enough.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

I guess some of you have great difficulty in understanding english, so I will try to go slower for you. I had no problem paying my $74 some 6 0r 7 months ago because after trying it out for a few months and seeing what what used to be an incredible support for customers from Damien coupled with the promised soon to be released version 2.0 as well as his statement that upgrades were free, it only seemed logical to support him and his efforts while saving some money and buying before he increased the price again. Before someone misreads that, no, I have no problem with price increases over time, just thought I'd be smart while doing the right thing and save a little money. A few months later I read that there will be an additional fee, even for pre-existing customers. I wasn't thrilled about that but managed to eventually justify in my mind a reason to go ahead and cough up a few extra bucks. Now I see that the news is even worse than I thought - New customers will pay the same $74 that I paid back in Feb., where as I (as well as anyone who has purchased before 8/1/2014 will have to pay an additional $39. Can someone explain why old customers are penalized while the ones who have waited will be getting a better deal?

It's a promotion to earn new customers, but no logic will ever convince you to buy software: you think it is justified to pirate them or get all new features for free as if the work done by a coder is somehow worthless.

If theft is all right, I guess it's also okay for someone in Detroit to steal all your stuff and kidnap your wife and kids too?

If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Simple enough.

Oh, make no mistake. I won't be buying it. ;)

I had no problem paying my $74 some 6 0r 7 months

How many hours do you think Damien worked on Audirvana v2.0 and what rate do you think it costs to hire a programmer of his calibre to do the same?

Only for the rate, I estimate something like $100+/h in Western countries.

So you're disappointed he is charging a ludicrously small token amount now even if he had envisioned to make everything free before?

You feel screwed?

But screwing developers out of their work's worth of money is fine by you, right?

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

So glad to hear that A+2.0 is coming in the next few days. I hope that it will come with an Ipad remote control app. In any event, I am upgrading regardless. I have been using primarily A+ for more than a year and the upgrade price is really very reasonable. I am 68, retired and living on a pension. Money is important but Damien should be rewarded for his effort on our behalf. I will skip eating out a couple of times to make up for it.

How many hours do you think Damien worked on Audirvana v2.0 and what rate do you think it costs to hire a programmer of his calibre to do the same?

Only for the rate, I estimate something like $100+/h in Western countries.

So you're disappointed he is charging a ludicrously small token amount now even if he had envisioned to make everything free before?

You feel screwed?

But screwing developers out of their work's worth of money is fine by you, right?

Here's how I see it, and I don't much care if you do or not, but I'm sure quite a few will. I paid for Audirvana + based on what I had read from Damien. I didn't have to purchase it, but I did because it was the right thing to do after I was free to kick it's tires a little more at my leisure (maybe 2 1/2 months total). What's more, I was happy to contribute. I am not happy about getting screwed out of more now, after doing "the right thing." So, that being said, if you slap my face, be prepared for me to smack back. That is all. ;)

So let me get this straight…

Did you steal the Mac too?

I guess some of you have great difficulty in understanding english, so I will try to go slower for you. I had no problem paying my $74 some 6 0r 7 months ago because after trying it out for a few months and seeing what what used to be an incredible support for customers from Damien coupled with the promised soon to be released version 2.0 as well as his statement that upgrades were free, it only seemed logical to support him and his efforts while saving some money and buying before he increased the price again. Before someone misreads that, no, I have no problem with price increases over time, just thought I'd be smart while doing the right thing and save a little money. A few months later I read that there will be an additional fee, even for pre-existing customers. I wasn't thrilled about that but managed to eventually justify in my mind a reason to go ahead and cough up a few extra bucks. Now I see that the news is even worse than I thought - New customers will pay the same $74 that I paid back in Feb., where as I (as well as anyone who has purchased before 8/1/2014 will have to pay an additional $39. Can someone explain why old customers are penalized while the ones who have waited will be getting a better deal?

"AllAbouttheSound" is telling the truth !

Those who are follow various A+ threads here in CA forum, know what he's referring .. I also, discussed once about the price.. And remind Damein about his commitment ... So sad for Damein and all who are not understanding ...

Here's how I see it, and I don't much care if you do or not, but I'm sure quite a few will. I paid for Audirvana + based on what I had read from Damien. I didn't have to purchase it, but I did because it was the right thing to do after I was free to kick it's tires a little more at my leisure (maybe 2 1/2 months total). What's more, I was happy to contribute. I am not happy about getting screwed out of more now, after doing "the right thing." So, that being said, if you slap my face, be prepared for me to smack back. That is all. ;)

I'm glad you feel screwed.

I also did notice Damien decided to charge for V2, but I'm glad to pay for the new features.

Please, do continue to feel unbelievably screwed as you deserve.

No one is forcing you to upgrade to v2.0. I'm still loving v. 1.4.9.7. I will pay for the upgrade only because I feel the developer deserves to be compensated for his efforts. I may or may not use the new features. We shall see.

While some here see your point, you are not winning any friends or influencing people with your belligerent attitude. It's amazing how some folks feel emboldened by their anonymity in a public forum such as this.

Oh, make no mistake. I won't be buying it. ;)

It sounds like you are just trying to justify not paying for it as you are planning to pirate it. If that is true, that would be despicable.

But why must you soil this thread and ruin the excitement for the rest of us? All this because you don't want to pay $39? All this just so you can make your conscience okay with pirating v2?

When I saw your first post I had thought of sending you a PM and offering to pick up the tab for you. I know the feeling of having been in the position where $39 is a lot to spend. But seeing your behavior in your subsequent posts makes me glad I didn't make you that offer.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

C'mon guys, what are we talking about?

39 $ for a new, upgraded product (a player AND a library manager), runing on a 1000$ or more computer, plus DAC, amp, speakers or headphones ... And you feel this is ripping you off ?

Lean back and learn about differences between an update and an upgrade.

If you don't want the premium version 2.0 for whatever reason you dislike then don't buy it, ignore it and use what you have currently been using (and hopefully paid for).

Then you will be waiting a long, long time, longer even than I would have to wait for you to explain to me why you think you are entitled to someone else's labor and product for free.

If you hadn't admitted stealing the software to being with, it might be possible to take your objections a little more seriously.

Wow. I guess it's a very good thing for me that I don't care much whether YOU take me seriously or not. The point is there are many who will read this that will. Just so we have the record straight, you're saying that:

1. It's ok to make statements and promises and not follow through with them.

2. It's ok for loyalty to be a one way street. Meaning, no matter what Damien says or does I should give him my constant praise and devotion and it's ok if he sticks it to the people who have purchased before Aug 1st of 2014 and rewards (promotes) the new version to new customers at an overall lower price. No, that doesn't look like greed at all to me.

3. Money is really no object. In fact, just by looking at a lot of equipment set ups here I'd say that you're probably ok with paying whatever price is asked. Damn, I knew I should have stayed in pre-law, or at least pre-med.

If I got any of that wrong you'll have to excuse me. I haven't had the benefit of higher education. However, I can read the writing on the wall. ;)

Wow. I guess it's a very good thing for me that I don't care much whether YOU take me seriously or not. The point is there are many who will read this that will.

So the real point of all your posts is to trash this thread, simply because your infinite sense of entitlement has suffered an imaginary violation. How quaint.

1. It's ok to make statements and promises and not follow through with them.

I'm calling bullshit on this. Where is the evidence?

2. It's ok for loyalty to be a one way street. Meaning, no matter what Damien says or does I should give him my constant praise and devotion and it's ok if he sticks it to the people who have purchased before Aug 1st of 2014 and rewards (promotes) the new version to new customers at an overall lower price. No, that doesn't look like greed at all to me.

If you think he is sticking it to you, you need psychiatric help.

3. Money is really no object. In fact, just by looking at a lot of equipment set ups here I'd say that you're probably ok with paying whatever price is asked. Damn, I knew I should have stayed in pre-law, or at least pre-med.

That might have required a bit of hard work and developing a command of basic logic. Better that you chose professional whining and infinite entitlement as a career.

I haven't had the benefit of higher education.

It shows.

So the real point of all your posts is to trash this thread, simply because your infinite sense of entitlement has suffered an imaginary violation. How quaint.

That might have required a bit of hard work and developing a command of basic logic. Better that you chose professional whining and infinite entitlement as a career.

It shows.

You're the MAN.. ! ;-)

Will gladly pay the $39 for the Upgrade, been enjoying Audirvana for over a year!

It doesn't work with the Apple Remote?? Is that true?

DE.

2011 Mac Mini (16GB RAM) --> Audirvana Plus --> M2Tech HiFace2 --> Emotiva XDA-1 DAC --> B&K Reference 31 --> B&K 2140 (2-channel) + B&K 3140 (3-channel) --> Energy RC-30 Reference Connoisseur (Mains) + Energy RC-10 (Surrounds)

Will gladly pay the $39 for the Upgrade, been enjoying Audirvana for over a year!

It doesn't work with the Apple Remote?? Is that true?

DE.

My understanding is Damien will develop it's own remote app for 2.0 (iOS only) as a next step, probably immediately after releasing this version (Maybe I shouldn't have said this here, already expecting the threads "so when is the remote app finally coming?"...).

The Apple Remote app requires Itunes, A+ 2.0 is now a completely Itunes independent solution. In the meantime, as a workaround you can use screen sharing options like Splashtop. Not perfect, but ok as a stopgap.

Otherwise, I'm surprised how quickly this thread went down the drain because of one user feeling wrongly treated due to a misunderstanding between updates and upgrades. I certainly don't feel "devotion" to Damien, but I really appreciate his efforts in trying to develop a great software product, and unlike some other software companies, staying really close to his customer base.

You're the MAN.. ! ;-)

+1

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

It shows.

So criticizing another's actions here on this forum is what you would call trashing? That is so very interesting. And very telling as well. :) I also like the way you perpetuate the argument with nothing but childish remarks and still cannot state a good reason against the points I have made. Also very interesting. And you're the one calling b.s. on me? Btw, I didn't say he made those remarks on this forum. I believe someone has already backed me up on what I have stated. And again, I'm not really worried about what the devotees here think… there are many out there that do have common sense. I'll wait with excitement for the childish remarks while stepping around the points I have made. :)