IGNORED

Audirvana 2.0 teaser

mkrzych

The Apple Remote app requires Itunes, A+ 2.0 is now a completely Itunes independent solution. In the meantime, as a workaround you can use screen sharing options like Splashtop. Not perfect, but ok as a stopgap.

What about the White IR 'Apple Remote'. I use that daily...

DE.

2011 Mac Mini (16GB RAM) --> Audirvana Plus --> M2Tech HiFace2 --> Emotiva XDA-1 DAC --> B&K Reference 31 --> B&K 2140 (2-channel) + B&K 3140 (3-channel) --> Energy RC-30 Reference Connoisseur (Mains) + Energy RC-10 (Surrounds)

The Apple IR remotes work, and in iTunes-integrated mode, you can use Apple's Remote.app. You can also trick Apple's Remote.app into working with Audirvana 1.X stand-alone, and you can even control it, in stand-alone mode, from iTunes on a remote machine (see blog link in my sig).

So criticizing another's actions here on this forum is what you would call trashing? That is so very interesting. And very telling as well. :) I also like the way you perpetuate the argument with nothing but childish remarks and still cannot state a good reason against the points I have made. Also very interesting. And you're the one calling b.s. on me? Btw, I didn't say he made those remarks on this forum. I believe someone has already backed me up on what I have stated. And again, I'm not really worried about what the devotees here think… there are many out there that do have common sense. I'll wait with excitement for the childish remarks while stepping around the points I have made. :)

OK, prove I was wrong. Show us the evidence.

So criticizing another's actions here on this forum is what you would call trashing? That is so very interesting. And very telling as well. :) I also like the way you perpetuate the argument with nothing but childish remarks and still cannot state a good reason against the points I have made. Also very interesting. And you're the one calling b.s. on me? Btw, I didn't say he made those remarks on this forum. I believe someone has already backed me up on what I have stated. And again, I'm not really worried about what the devotees here think… there are many out there that do have common sense. I'll wait with excitement for the childish remarks while stepping around the points I have made. :)

Yes, you did point out that you pirated your original copy of the software, and admitted using it for two months beyond the two-week free trial period that Damien generously offers to everyone. The only reason you then paid for it was because you mistakenly assumed that the major upgrade to v 2.0 would be free. Now, you are incensed over $39, which wouldn't even pay for one decent meal at a restaurant.

IMO, members with nothing useful or positive to contribute to discussions here should refrain from posting. Whiners bore us. Smiley face.

So criticizing another's actions here on this forum is what you would call trashing? That is so very interesting. And very telling as well. :) I also like the way you perpetuate the argument with nothing but childish remarks and still cannot state a good reason against the points I have made. )

Here's a good reason ... you don't seem to understand the difference between an update and an upgrade. One is often free, the other not.

If you really feel aggrieved contact Damien. A public forum and, in particular, a thread such as this, is not an appropriate place.

Ok guys.. Stop given this Clown a forum.. I just put him in my ignore list..

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

OK, prove I was wrong. Show us the evidence.

I don't need to prove anything. For anyone interested, comments Damien has made within the past year are well known, including the christmas present statement of 2013. Yeah, ok, so that was forgivable. Given the scope of the project anyone could make that mistake. He also promised early 2014. Then he dropped of the face of the planet. No more interaction on this or even his own forum. Remember when I said it was forgivable that he didn't follow through with his statement? Forgivable does not mean unaccountable. When he replied to someone asking about the cost of upgrades (probably on his forum but I don't remember) stating that they were free, I hold him accountable for that. Btw, upgrades, updates… I guess you can draw that line wherever it's convenient for you, yeah? The whole point is nothing has been very clear and communication has severely sucked. I bought A+ because of statements Damian has made and is now not following through on. If these things are all completely acceptable and chalked up to business as usual, no wonder this world is completely screwed.

Yes, you did point out that you pirated your original copy of the software, and admitted using it for two months beyond the two-week free trial period that Damien generously offers to everyone. The only reason you then paid for it was because you mistakenly assumed that the major upgrade to v 2.0 would be free. Now, you are incensed over $39, which wouldn't even pay for one decent meal at a restaurant.

IMO, members with nothing useful or positive to contribute to discussions here should refrain from posting. Whiners bore us. Smiley face.

Oh. Yeah. Because it was so very difficult to obtain the version I had. It'll probably be equally as difficult to obtain 2.0 I would imagine. Yeah, that's why I went ahead and paid for a legit copy. Cuz I just knew it was going to be next to impossible to get otherwise...

So what you're saying is I should have held off for another 6 or 7 months… tip after 8/1/2014. Now why didn't I think of that? Some of you should brush up on reading skills. It would be much easier to reconcile the extra cost if we were all paying the same price. THE MAIN POINT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE MISSED IT IS NEW CUSTOMERS PAYING LESS FOR 2.0 THAN THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED A COPY. I thought maybe all capitals would make that easier to read.

IMO, this is a useful point. Maybe some of us need to practice our communication skills a bit. Maybe others should follow through with the public statements they make. Most importantly, maybe some of us shouldn't support those who make promises they don't keep or statements they cannot/will not follow through with as well as making blatantly ridiculous moves, like cutting new customers a break in the price while requiring pre-existing customers to ultimately pay more. Btw, I love your comment about the $39 restaurant meal. I could actually get a pretty decent meal for $39. I guess that'll shed some light on this debate, huh?

Oh yeah… :)

Can't seem to come up with the goods.

Not quite sure how fair this is, because I remember the claim as well. I'm not generally prone to hallucinations. Let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: I can't find it. Huh. I swear it was in the 1.5.12 megathread somewhere after page 20 where he was teasing 2.0. My memory isn't what it used to be, it seems.

-mike

That's a great idea. I'm not interested at all in your opinion. I'll bet there are a lot of us common folk who read these forums though who might think I have a point...

Really, you don't.

You have had use of the product for (by your own statements) several months, including an unpaid "trial" you weaseled illegally. So you paid for the 1.x app, have since used it several months, and now you have the choice to upgrade to 2.x (an entirely different product) for a discounted rate. This is, indeed, standard practice in the software industry, as is the "grandfather clause" that allows folks who have just recently (e.g., within the past several weeks) purchased the 1.x version to upgrade for "free".

No software company / product in the world offers unlimited upgrades forever. I can understand you being a bit miffed if you purchased the product in late July and *just* missed the 1 August cutoff for a free upgrade, but your expectation of a free upgrade based on a purchase several months ago is just unreasonable.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Hey guys, I gotta tell you about this thread over at Head-Fi. The Schiit Audio folks are doing a 30-some part story about what it took to get a small audio company up and running (terrific read, highly recommended). This week's episode in the continuing saga is about their Worst. Customer. Ever. Out of thousands and thousands of customers.

But even out of so many people, you can see why it wasn't difficult picking out this particular guy. I mean, he not only slagged the company, but he did so after illegally acquiring one of their products without paying for it, and then being stupid enough to publicize that fact! Don't you think that's unbelievable? I'm sure no one on this forum would ever be such a horse's ass.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hey guys, I gotta tell you about this thread over at Head-Fi. The Schiit Audio folks are doing a 30-some part story about what it took to get a small audio company up and running (terrific read, highly recommended). This week's episode in the continuing saga is about their Worst. Customer. Ever. Out of thousands and thousands of customers.

But even out of so many people, you can see why it wasn't difficult picking out this particular guy. I mean, he not only slagged the company, but he did so after illegally acquiring one of their products without paying for it, and then being stupid enough to publicize that fact! Don't you think that's unbelievable? I'm sure no one on this forum would ever be such a horse's ass.

Yeah, that might be a pretty good story. But proof… ya know? That's a hard thing to come by. There are just so many ways… I would say it would be a complete stab in the dark, and most intelligent people would realize what a waste the resources would be and such, especially to come up empty handed. People talk a lot of crap on the internet, and proving what someone says. Yeah. Good luck. As a matter of fact, give it your best, Jethro. ;)

And on the other hand, isn't that stealing bit getting old when you insist it's a one way street?

Yeah, that might be a pretty good story. But proof… ya know? That's a hard thing to come by. There are just so many ways… I would say it would be a complete stab in the dark, and most intelligent people would realize what a waste the resources would be and such, especially to come up empty handed. People talk a lot of crap on the internet, and proving what someone says. Yeah. Good luck. As a matter of fact, give it your best, Jethro. ;)

One of the links I posted above was to a photo of the item that this idiot posted, after having it delivered to himself without paying for it.

So I'd urge reading slowly for comprehension in the future.

In fact, the English language in general does not appear to be a strong point. You've taken the screen name "All About the Sound," but not one single comment out of the 28 you've made here is about sound. You also said on June 2nd that you couldn't resist "posting one last time here." But plainly, here you still are. And thank goodness, because otherwise we'd have no one to compete with Head-Fi in the horse's rear end (and proud of it) department.

And on the other hand, isn't that stealing bit getting old when you insist it's a one way street?

Nothing wrong with having an opinion, but don't you think you've made your point by now?

One of the links I posted above was to a photo of the item that this idiot posted, after having it delivered to himself without paying for it.

So I'd urge reading slowly for comprehension in the future.

In fact, the English language in general does not appear to be a strong point. You've taken the screen name "All About the Sound," but not one single comment out of the 28 you've made here is about sound. You also said on June 2nd that you couldn't resist "posting one last time here." But plainly, here you still are. And thank goodness, because otherwise we'd have no one to compete with Head-Fi in the horse's rear end (and proud of it) department.

That's funny. Somehow, I don't seem worried, do I? I love the way you people like to take a stab at everything but the point. Oh, the name. Well, I had to think up something, yeah, Jethro? I did say "one last time, didn't I? But after all the b.s. I've been reading… can you really blame me for throwing some back at you? After all, it's not like I'm making any real promises, right? I'll tell you what… maybe I'll stop posting as a christmas present for you. You'll forgive me if that doesn't happen though, right? I won't even charge you extra for that.