IGNORED

Audirvana 2.0 teaser

mkrzych

Hello,

Just saw it on my Facebook wall!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410000628.120705.jpg

On Damien's blog:

Audirvana Plus 2.0 is bringing a full featured library manager that will enable you to catalog all your music with easy to use user interface, and provide advanced metadata editing with even advanced tags like conductor, ensemble or period!

New license price will remain unchanged at $74 or €59.

Upgrade for 1.x owners will be at a low $39 or €31.

(Note that VAT may apply for purchases in European countries)

And the upgrade will be free for users who have purchased v1.5 since August 1st, 2014

Stay tuned for the 2.0 release in the very next few days!.

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Great news!

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

Ok, so I'm a long term Audirvana user/fan. Like most here (I guess) I've got my music stored in iTunes & AV+ set as default player, which I find easy to use & manage. So what's the advantage in the new versions library manager & accessing metadata( don't even know what that is, embarrassed to admit!).

I'm guessing that especially if you listen mainly to "classical" music, then cataloging music by composer/conductor/orchestra etc may be more useful than with rock/pop/jazz etc but really not sure. I'm assuming there'll also be SQ improvements, but not in-built digital room correction a la Amarra IRC?

Are the Beta testers allowed to give opinions prior to release, or expected to stay schtum?

Anyway, as I said, I'm a long term fan of AV+ & will very likely update when v2 is released.

Hello,

Just saw it on my Facebook wall!

[ATTACH]14391[/ATTACH]

On Damien's blog:

And the upgrade will be free for users who have purchased v1.5 since August 1st, 2014

So let me get this straight… Had I waited to make my purchase until now I would have saved money? I had a copy before my purchase that worked just as well as the "legit" version. By doing the right thing (after determining that I wanted the program) and buying Audirvana + back in Feb, I'm now spending an extra $39? I love the logic in that. I'm beginning to think it will be better to wait for someone to upload a copy again...

Blog | Audirvana

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

I agree with that. Damien said at first earlier this year that buying early would be the same price as if you waited, but that's not true now. However, we're only talking $100 total, unlike some audiophile players which are over $800.

To some of you that may not be a lot of money. There are those of us, however, that do not make outrageous amounts of money and/or have families to think of first. I honestly wish now that I had kept my money as well as the copy I had obtained on the sly. Lesson learned.

To some of you that may not be a lot of money. There are those of us, however, that do not make outrageous amounts of money and/or have families to think of first. I honestly wish now that I had kept my money as well as the copy I had obtained on the sly. Lesson learned.

$30 for an upgrade for one the best audiophile players ever is an 'outrageous amount of money' for software which will give you and your family endless hours of enjoyment?

The lengths people will go to justify theft is incredible...

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Another alternative, at least theoretically, is that you can keep the software you purchased legally, and simply continue to use it. The existence of a 2.0 version doesn't negate your purchase, nor does it magically degrade your sound quality. No one is forcing you to upgrade.

In my case, I may stick with 1.5 until a remote control option becomes available, since I have already worked out how to use it with Apple's Remote.app and with an instance of iTunes running remotely. (I'll likely purchase 2.0 anyway to support its development.)

I still run Adobe Photoshop CS3.

$30 for an upgrade for one the best audiophile players ever is an 'outrageous amount of money' for software which will give you and your family endless hours of enjoyment?

The lengths people will go to justify theft is incredible...

I didn't say that $39 was an outrageous amount of money. What I said was many of you do make outrageous amounts of money, so dishing out an extra $40 here and there doesn't phase you. Can anyone justify the logic in charging existing customers more (oh yeah, except those who've purchased since 8/1/2014) and giving new customers a break on the price??? Really? I can't imagine any realistic argument on that, but I'm positive there will be a multitude of you beating me up here for even thinking about criticizing Damian. Oh, sorry YasN… I know, it's DAMIEN.

Yeah, well, I'm not talking about my local supermarket now, am I?

No, you are talking about an individual person, a fellow community member here, who created a piece of software as a hobby/public service, and whom many of us regard as a friend.

I don't know his economic circumstances, but I didn't get the impression that he is rolling in wealth.

Another alternative, at least theoretically, is that you can keep the software you purchased legally, and simply continue to use it. The existence of a 2.0 version doesn't negate your purchase, nor does it magically degrade your sound quality. No one is forcing you to upgrade.

One of the reasons I purchased it back when I did was because I read a post to Damien asking how much upgrades would be, to which he replied "Upgrades are free." With that statement in mind and knowing that he periodically raises the price to new customers, I thought it would be better to buy then (Feb 2014) rather than wait for 2.0 and take a chance on paying more. It's become apparent though that logic has no place on this topic.

I didn't say that $39 was an outrageous amount of money. What I said was many of you do make outrageous amounts of money, so dishing out an extra $40 here and there doesn't phase you. Can anyone justify the logic in charging existing customers more (oh yeah, except those who've purchased since 8/1/2014) and giving new customers a break on the price??? Really? I can't imagine any realistic argument on that, but I'm positive there will be a multitude of you beating me up here for even thinking about criticizing Damian. Oh, sorry YasN… I know, it's DAMIEN.

No, it's *every* software company in the world - this is bog standard upgrade 101.

Upgrades cost money, and there are always a few who feel they are entitled to one for free.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

My guess is he was referring to point updates (like 1.4 to 1.5).

If you choose to upgrade to 2.0 for $40, you are paying for additional features, so you are getting something new for your money. If you don't need the new features, don't buy them.

Again, no one is forcing you to upgrade, which is far more than I can say for Adobe, which tries to sabotage its older software through automated updates that break on newer OS X versions.

No, it's *every* software company in the world - this is bog standard upgrade 101.

Upgrades cost money, and there are always a few who feel they are entitled to one for free.

One of the reasons I purchased it back when I did was because I read a post to Damien asking how much upgrades would be, to which he replied "Upgrades are free."

I guess you must have missed that part.

My guess is he was referring to point updates (like 1.4 to 1.5).

If you choose to upgrade to 2.0 for $40, you are paying for additional features, so you are getting something new for your money. If you don't need the new features, don't buy them.

Again, no one is forcing you to upgrade, which is far more than I can say for Adobe, which tries to sabotage its older software through automated updates that break on newer OS X versions.

Again, I purchased my copy with intent to save money on the version I've really been waiting for, 2.0. I'm still waiting for someone to explain the logic in new customers paying the same price and existing customers getting nailed for an extra $39...