IGNORED

Audirvana 2.0 teaser

mkrzych

I think it is a deliberate design decision not to do this, since it potentially degrades audio quality.

Audirvana has an excellent digital volume control built in and I don't see why having the software adjusting it automatically for me (according to an offset, determined beforehand according to e.g. the EBU R128 standard and then stored as a tag) would degrade sound quality more than me adjusting it myself (e.g. by turning the big black virtual volume knob in Audirvana's user interface). I'm not talking about dynamic compression or limiting – just automatic knob-turning :)

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

I was thinking the same thing. You could request it be implemented.

My guess is most people want to do manual volume adjustment, usually in the analogue domain, so it hasn't been asked for. But it seems like a natural feature to have with the dithered digital volume control that is implemented in Audirvana.

Can any of the beta testers comment if the new 2.0 library management mode works with the library stored on a NAS? Also if the current A+ works in iTunes integration mode with iTunes pointed at the library residing on a NAS?

I'm thinking about this setup and thought I'd make sure everything was supported before I purchased. Thanks!

-mike

In your own configuration, the new A+ version may not offer any benefit But, on my own experience, integration with iTunes tends to cause me problems. Playing in the A+ native mode erase most of my problems. Secondly, native A+ player sound better.

Therefore, the one including myself who use A+ native mode will benefit with the new library management. In term of SQ, the current set up is more than enough for me.

Ok, so I'm a long term Audirvana user/fan. Like most here (I guess) I've got my music stored in iTunes & AV+ set as default player, which I find easy to use & manage. So what's the advantage in the new versions library manager & accessing metadata( don't even know what that is, embarrassed to admit!).

I'm guessing that especially if you listen mainly to "classical" music, then cataloging music by composer/conductor/orchestra etc may be more useful than with rock/pop/jazz etc but really not sure. I'm assuming there'll also be SQ improvements, but not in-built digital room correction a la Amarra IRC?

Are the Beta testers allowed to give opinions prior to release, or expected to stay schtum?

Anyway, as I said, I'm a long term fan of AV+ & will very likely update when v2 is released.

In your own configuration, the new A+ version may not offer any benefit But, on my own experience, integration with iTunes tends to cause me problems. Playing in the A+ native mode erase most of my problems. Secondly, native A+ player sound better.

Therefore, the one including myself who use A+ native mode will benefit with the new library management. In term of SQ, the current set up is more than enough for me.

As I have always used Audivrana in integrated iTunes mode preferring the convenience I had not thought of this aspect and how 2.0 would be a big benefit to those operating in this manner. I understand it can still run integrated with iTunes but other than the library structure I'm not sure what the benefit would be.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa
As I have always used Audivrana in integrated iTunes mode preferring the convenience I had not thought of this aspect and how 2.0 would be a big benefit to those operating in this manner. I understand it can still run integrated with iTunes but other than the library structure I'm not sure what the benefit would be.

Most annoying for me when using integration mode is "Always getting the ERROR message". In term of development direction, I am not sure about the future of iTunes Integration Mode. But, I guess Damien might sell both 1.5 and 2.0 versions for different target groups: Integration Mode VS Independent Mode. When 3.0 available Damien may drop iTunes Integration Mode since it's easier to isolate and fix the problems.

Hello all

my question is for the lucky bêta testers

what sonic improvements/difference did you noticed with this new version?

Pol

CloneAudio LPSU for QnapHS-251 fanless - UpTone JS2 for MacMini i7 (SD card only-CAD scripts-MMK fan kit-no disc inside- Audirvana2)- JS2 for REGEN - BelCantoRefLink-TotalDacD1tube(Mullard ECC82 NOS) //Halgorythme single end 300b EML //DiY Open Baffle & Leedh Elfe

Whee was the last time you did something for the first time?

Hello all

my question is for the lucky bêta testers

what sonic improvements/difference did you noticed with this new version?

Pol

We are all "lucky" in that sense - Damien will be working on SQ after the initial release, which is aimed at introducing the new library management.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Unlike many of you, I have to actually work for a living and I don't have the luxury of kicking back for hours on end testing a new piece of software.

I was going to comment on the above, something to the effect that his time/wage must not be worth much if he so many hours to repeatedly post his screeds. But then I saw he has already been banned from CA! Oh well.

• 1 month later...
Can any of the beta testers comment if the new 2.0 library management mode works with the library stored on a NAS? Also if the current A+ works in iTunes integration mode with iTunes pointed at the library residing on a NAS?

I'm thinking about this setup and thought I'd make sure everything was supported before I purchased. Thanks!

-mike

Hi Mike - Not a beta tester - upgraded from 1.x yesterday - but I can confirm it works both above ways with my QNAP NAS.