IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

I asked them if this network feature could be used with the local media library (memory stick/USB disc). Then you could do with one flash disc, the Aries and your iDevice (control point running LDS) to play music. Would it not be nice to bring the Aries over to your friends house and demo it without the need for a router and LAN (party mode!)?

I asked them if this network feature could be used with the local media library (memory stick/USB disc). Then you could do with one flash disc, the Aries and your iDevice (control point running LDS) to play music. Would it not be nice to bring the Aries over to your friends house and demo it without the need for a router and LAN (party mode!)?

Yea I had a Bryston BDP-1 that creates its own network. Great feature, never could warm up to the sound. Lot of people love them though.

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Russ, how is the Aries doing in Harrison Township post 2.1 upgrade?

-- From your friends back West, enjoying your music recommendations

Hey Barr,

Upgrade went well, couldn't access my old playlists so created a few new ones. Hopefully the wife will be on appts tomorrow so may have some "quiet time". Early returns are favorable :).

Could use a little heat here in Mich. high Sunday of 3 degrees. WTF !!! Happy Listening

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Lightning DS V1.7 coming now

- Fix the bug that album covers are not in correct position

- Fix the bug that playlist could not be edited

- Fix the bug that tracks in streaming service search result could not be played by single click

- WiMP and TIDAL Lossless are now been set at FLAC rather than ALAC

- Add thousands of built-in Radio stations

Updated LDS to v1.7:

When touching the radio station section LDS crashes. (also after full close).

Had few stations defined prior to updating.

Is this just with me?

Any suggestions?

-----------------------------

Took the radical step to remove the Lightning DS app completely and boot the iPad.

Reintalled afterwards.

Now working but of course lost library cache, saved playlists cache, defined radio stations.....

Would love to see a function for saving playlists and other settings.

Updated LDS to v1.7:

When touching the radio station section LDS crashes. (also after full close).

Had few stations defined prior to updating.

Is this just with me?

Any suggestions?

-----------------------------

Took the radical step to remove the Lightning DS app completely and boot the iPad.

Reintalled afterwards.

Now working but of course lost library cache, saved playlists cache, defined radio stations.....

Would love to see a function for saving playlists and other settings.

Yep, mine crashes. I won't resort to your fix yet.....I'll see if there is another workaround that comes out first.

Yeah that's what is worrying me - I put a lot of time into making those playlists!

So did I, but obviously not enough into considering full consequences before doing the radical.... :S

I did see some mumbling from Auralic earlier about making an export function for it.

We´d like that a lot wouldnt we...?

:)

Actually I don't see any progress with 1.7. I have lost my playlists and radio stations and received a list of categorized but unsorted and not searchable or filterable radio stations. That was not a good deal.

The good things will come with 2.0 hopefully soon.

Yeah I agree . A search feature with Internet radio with the stations not in alphabetical order

Is needed badly .

Agreed.. Had to re-add all my stations manually.. having thousands of unsearchable or alphabetized stations is almost worthless.. Also I was REALLY hoping that they would have made the library view default to artist instead of albums or the choice to pick the default view.. I mean how freaking hard can that be, it's a real pita to have to always switch it back from album to artist..

Agreed.. Had to re-add all my stations manually.. having thousands of unsearchable or alphabetized stations is almost worthless.. Also I was REALLY hoping that they would have made the library view default to artist instead of albums or the choice to pick the default view.. I mean how freaking hard can that be, it's a real pita to have to always switch it back from album to artist..

Agree, it would be a really handy feature to be able to define a personal default view.

Saving as favorite works. But you need to find your favorites it this unsorted list first.

If they had simply added a new category 'Auralic Radio Selection' and kept our manually added stations, everything would be okay. But this was not the smartest implementation.

If they had simply added a new category 'Auralic Radio Selection' and kept our manually added stations, everything would be okay. But this was not the smartest implementation.

A neat way to accomplish this might be to add the ability to save profiles to the web. If the app gets blown away, a user would simply have to reinstall LDS and then log in to retrieve settings.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Since the update, I had to un-install and re-install the lightning DS app because it was crashing every time I hit the radio button. it doesn't crash anymore, but now my music library doesn't show up at all. I have tried both refreshing and clearing the cache, but still nothing... Is anyone else having this issue? Please help/advise!

This is the feedback from Auralic, not the best way to roll out a release, no release notes or expectations set on users that you need to do a clean install and loose previous set-ups...

Hello:

You need to uninstall previous version before update to new one if have some pre-defined Radio before.

We are working with vTuner right now, will have their service integration in V2.0 of Lightning DS not far away.

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806