IGNORED

HQ Player

@Miska

For me, DSD 256x48 is played as DSD 256. No matter what filter or other experimentation, the music only comes with dropouts. PCM is played off perfectly. I am sending the log file via PN.

1 minute ago, MasterWarzombie said:

on the site it is indeed indicated the new version but at the bottom for the download, it is still version 4.13.1. Normal? where did you find the file?

Reload (cache) your page.

47 minutes ago, Miska said:

Well, if you have some audio output, you will certainly have supported output formats listed in the log file?

I don’t know which log file you mean. In my computer SW and HW has no changes only install new version of HQP. Before upgrade was all ok, so there is no problem, that my HW don’t support these frequencies.

27 minutes ago, SunYang said:

I don’t know which log file you mean. In my computer SW and HW has no changes only install new version of HQP. Before upgrade was all ok, so there is no problem, that my HW don’t support these frequencies.

HQPlayer log file, please see manual section "Troubleshooting".

Here's my Windows laptop playing to a NAA connected to Holo Spring 3 DAC:

48k-familiy-playback.thumb.png.bc86478c6e237f0c149bc92e984f1167.png

Here's the load:

48k-family-playback-load.thumb.png.70c334755135a5c017351937bc1fdece.png

Both source content over SMB from my media server and output is over WiFi 6 connection.

P.S. Now with this release, performance on AMD CPUs on Windows should be better than before.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

54 minutes ago, Miska said:

You put "riaa" as one item on the matrix pipeline process for the channels where you want that. You can use Plot button to see the response too.

Awesome - thank you!  Any commentary on how this plug-in was constructed, specifically as it relates to accuracy?

-Jim

3 minutes ago, jdubs said:

Awesome - thank you!  Any commentary on how this plug-in was constructed, specifically as it relates to accuracy?

It is regular three/four biquad IIR EQ filter with optional additional biquad for subsonic filter.

You get very nice performance at 192k sampling rate. But of course if you have something like ADI-2 Pro, you can run higher rates.

41 minutes ago, Miska said:

Here's the load:

48k-family-playback-load.thumb.png.70c334755135a5c017351937bc1fdece.png

The dropouts remained, which is probably due to the overload of two cores. I set the clock frequency uniformly for all cores to 4.2GHz, which was sufficient so far. I know Miska doesn't like that. 🤫

In the case of a fanless system, however, the upper limit of the CPU must be limited.

42380939lf.png

6 minutes ago, StreamFidelity said:

In the case of a fanless system, however, the upper limit of the CPU must be limited.

42380939lf.png

OTOH, I get what you show above from my fanless i5-7600T running HQPlayer Embedded on Ubuntu Server 20.04 without any limiting, using regular Turbo Boost clocks... Heatsinks on Streacom FC10 case get barely slightly warm.

You should get less power consumption by letting two cores boost and others run below 1 GHz rates.

Here is a screenshot of HQP 14.13.1. I admit the differences are small. Still, I can play with it without dropouts.

Maybe I should try HQPlayer Embedded again. 🤔

42381035an.png

Just now, Yviena said:

@Miskawhen you say mp3 decoder does this mean HQP can now playback mp3?

Yes, exactly. I use it for things like listening somafm.com internet radio. Note that for URLs with "https" it will take some time to load playlists and such because of the TLS handshake etc.

You can paste internet radio URLs to the content URI entry box on HQPlayer Desktop main window and hit enter.

In future release I will try to figure out some nice way to feed those URLs also through HQPlayer Client. (works remotely using hqp-control2 though)

4 minutes ago, SunYang said:

After restart Windows:

If output is 48k x 256:

48/24/2 -> 12.288/1/2 ok

96/24/2 -> 3.072/1/2

192/24/2 -> 6.144/1/2

and 48k x 512:

48/24/2 -> 24.576/1/2 ok

96/24/2 -> 24.576/1/2 ok

192/24/2 -> 6.144/1/2

Strange

DId you uninstall old version of HQPlayer before installing the new one?

Is this stock Windows 10 without any additional tools like AO or Fidelizer?

3 hours ago, kelvinwsy said:

Installation file ran ok .. Even ran the vc_redist.x64.exe just in case.. 

Hqplayer 4.0 start up screen does not appear at all !! Nothing ! No error msg nothing appears!

I run Winserver 2019/AO3 ..

Try witthout AO. It is very likely that such things break HQPlayer in various ways. Also check your display drivers! (OpenGL needs to function properly)

2 minutes ago, Miska said:

DId you uninstall old version of HQPlayer before installing the new one?

Is this stock Windows 10 without any additional tools like AO or Fidelizer?

Stock Windows 10. Morning I used 4.13.1 with no problem. Without another HW or SW changes I only upgraded HQP. New version has the same problem with ASIO and NAA and with different DACs.