IGNORED

HQ Player

On 11/6/2023 at 1:09 AM, EMINENT said:

Hillo.

I report to have finally achieved ASDM7ECv2, v3 and Super 512+fs modulations at 1024x48 rates with new componentry (light filters ex. hires-lp from Redbook). 14900k +3090 both overclocked.

Hi there! As I only have the base model Mac Mini M2, I could only achieve up to 48x512. How much improvement (in %) is 48x1024 going to bring from 48x512?

Thanks!

8 hours ago, blackhawk579 said:

#1. I am having difficulty using DSD 512 48K (without skipping) on a Intel 14900K, 32GB, SSD w/ 4070Ti Super.  Using Holo Red (w/new Red firmware), w/May (w/latest firmware) in NOS.  Using CUDA Offload.   

Here are my settings (below).  Runs at 256 (shown), but skips at 512.   Any setting suggestions / tweaks / redflags are appreciated.    

Is IIR2 Filter with 7EC Super 512+FS heavy?  

What's odd is my processor and video card are both under 50% utilization (in windows task mgr).   Seems like I should be able to get there....  

#2. Anyone who has found thick and meaty (analog sounding) filters /modulator combinations outside of II2 + 7EC Super combo's...let me know.   The aforementioned is meatiest (with good detail intact) I have found yet.  

image.png.89a731baecc24fb432359359ae7f1d28.png

image.png.0b905aaec8d9e0c981e498b323f07eaa.png

image.png.af75c308a78bf32b0c59b5aba59813a8.png

As far as I can tell, both IIR and iIR2 filters don’t allow CUDA offloading.  I am able to manage IIR for 512x48 with 24/192 source and 7super +512 -however using ecores =pool, but this is relatively CPU intensive.  iIR2 has occasional skips.

MGa. Poly Sinc xtr 3 , gauss XLA are good alternatives and utilize GPU offload as do ?all others - not sure why IIR and IIR2 don’t.

QNAP NAS w/minimserver, iBuypower  i7 13700kf,  RTXa5000 24g GPU, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS minimal server, HQPe v5 x64 avx2, HQPDcontrol4,  HQPlayer Client iOS, mconnect playerHD, JplayiOS, Daphile on Asus PN-51-s1 (AMD 5700u) in Akasa fanless case, Snakeoil OS NAA/NAA image on Fitlet2 , Lampizator Big 7 MKII Balanced, Pass XVR1, Pass X5, Pass XA 100.5’s, PSB Stratus Gold(i)’s, Vandersteen 2wq’s.

@MiskaCan you explain the DAC correction please? I am on embedded, using diretta with audiolinux, and it doesn't see the DAC. Can you enable us to select it, even if it doesn't see it? I am using a custom Ian Canada streamer/dac I build with dual ESS dac board. Thank you for further help and explanations. 

I can edit the XML file, the dac board is using ES9038Q2M Dual Mono, what would I put on the xml? Thanks!!

1 hour ago, Badd99 said:

@MiskaCan you explain the DAC correction please? I am on embedded, using diretta with audiolinux, and it doesn't see the DAC. Can you enable us to select it, even if it doesn't see it? I am using a custom Ian Canada streamer/dac I build with dual ESS dac board. Thank you for further help and explanations. 

I can edit the XML file, the dac board is using ES9038Q2M Dual Mono, what would I put on the xml? Thanks!!

Corrections are for specific dacs only, I don’t think it make sense applying corrections for dac that are not in the list …

Stefano

My audio system

12 hours ago, blackhawk579 said:

#1. I am having difficulty using DSD 512 48K (without skipping) on a Intel 14900K, 32GB, SSD w/ 4070Ti Super.  Using Holo Red (w/new Red firmware), w/May (w/latest firmware) in NOS.  Using CUDA Offload.   

Here are my settings (below).  Runs at 256 (shown), but skips at 512.   Any setting suggestions / tweaks / redflags are appreciated.    

Is IIR2 Filter with 7EC Super 512+FS heavy?  

What's odd is my processor and video card are both under 50% utilization (in windows task mgr).   Seems like I should be able to get there....  

#2. Anyone who has found thick and meaty (analog sounding) filters /modulator combinations outside of II2 + 7EC Super combo's...let me know.   The aforementioned is meatiest (with good detail intact) I have found yet.  

image.png.89a731baecc24fb432359359ae7f1d28.png

image.png.0b905aaec8d9e0c981e498b323f07eaa.png

image.png.af75c308a78bf32b0c59b5aba59813a8.png

Hallo.

Please do check Multicore DSP for best results.

Headgear: Audeze LCD-5 w/Accurate Sound Convolution Filter, Norne Drausk v2 Lite/Silver Gladiator Cable and interconnects

Source: Intel 14900K/3090, HQ Player DSD1024 separated from Puritan 156, Audioquest Carbon USB, Holo Audio Red, Holo Audio May KTE

Amp: Holo Audio Bliss KTE

Sold: Drop HD 6XX, Hypex NC400 Dual Monoblocks, Schiit Freya S, Gustard R26, Audeze LCD-i4, Ferrum Oor/Hypsos, DCA Expanse, Gustard U18, B&O Beoplay EX, Gustard X26 Pro, Headamp GS-X Mini, ifi Pro iCan Signature, Fiio M15, Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies (3rd gen.)

5 hours ago, Rye Choux said:

Hi there! As I only have the base model Mac Mini M2, I could only achieve up to 48x512. How much improvement (in %) is 48x1024 going to bring from 48x512?

Thanks!

As noted before, I can only relate to my transducer and setup that it is a spatial and presentation difference.

More specifically, greater density in note and spatial ambiance.

I may not be conveying the best words so I call on others who can share their descriptors that have used regular modulators. Not the newer, experimental ones.

Headgear: Audeze LCD-5 w/Accurate Sound Convolution Filter, Norne Drausk v2 Lite/Silver Gladiator Cable and interconnects

Source: Intel 14900K/3090, HQ Player DSD1024 separated from Puritan 156, Audioquest Carbon USB, Holo Audio Red, Holo Audio May KTE

Amp: Holo Audio Bliss KTE

Sold: Drop HD 6XX, Hypex NC400 Dual Monoblocks, Schiit Freya S, Gustard R26, Audeze LCD-i4, Ferrum Oor/Hypsos, DCA Expanse, Gustard U18, B&O Beoplay EX, Gustard X26 Pro, Headamp GS-X Mini, ifi Pro iCan Signature, Fiio M15, Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies (3rd gen.)

1 hour ago, EMINENT said:

As noted before, I can only relate to my transducer and setup that it is a spatial and presentation difference.

More specifically, greater density in note and spatial ambiance.

I may not be conveying the best words so I call on others who can share their descriptors that have used regular modulators. Not the newer, experimental ones.

I can tell you that my machine doesn't have "too much" power either, i.e. 14900KS, RTX4090 and 8000Mt/s+ if the goal is smooth operation and listening to music. 

On 4/27/2024 at 1:29 AM, Miska said:

It is under matrix processor. As "post-process plugin". Although it is not really such. But I thought that this would be most convenient place to manage it. Since it allows you to create profiles with/without it, and switch those on the fly...

It's like going through 'settings' and loading a 'profile'... except that it's possible without cutting the stream? operational as soon as the buffers are emptied ?

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA

On 4/25/2024 at 7:55 PM, Miska said:

You are then likely playing in playlist mode.

You could try playing one album from HQPlayer's library in album mode and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks! How do I switch to album mode?

I believe I have played some albums in "album mode". I made a library with HQPlayer desktop and played albums via the HQPlayer Client.

Think this be album mode. Here things get strange, sometimes the issue is solved, if I play an other album, or one I have tried before, this issue is not resolved another time.

Before I continue, is HQPlayer able to play DSD tracks without ANY noise in between? Or am I pursuing the impossible?

P.S. Does the "a;bum mode" in screenshot of HQPDControl confirm the album mode?

DSD.jpg

"Before I continue, is HQPlayer able to play DSD tracks without ANY noise in between? Or am I pursuing the impossible?"

Adding to my post above. My question about playing DSD files refers to HQPlayer, but it also broader.

Can DSD files be played without any noise in between AT ALL?

This question is also asked on behalf of my wife.... who I am apparently driving nuts.

Just some quick comments on 5.7 adding DAC Correction to the matrix corrections I use with my Cyan 2. Originally, tried Cyan 2 at 512 and 256 with EC Super/Gauss Long on desktop and didn't find a big difference so I stuck with 256 for an easier load. Just loaded 5.7 and added DAC Correction and now hear a much bigger improvement at 512. Everything sounds better and that's where I'll stay for now. Anyone have similar results?  Thanks, Jussi.

CJH

Just now, CJH said:

Just some quick comments on 5.7 adding DAC Correction to the matrix corrections I use with my Cyan 2. Originally, tried Cyan 2 at 512 and 256 with EC Super/Gauss Long on desktop and didn't find a big difference so I stuck with 256 for an easier load. Just loaded 5.7 and added DAC Correction and now hear a much bigger improvement at 512. Everything sounds better and that's where I'll stay for now. Anyone have similar results?  Thanks, Jussi.

CJH

yes. Myself (cyan 2) and my friend who owns a spring 3 kte heard the improvements. I have not been able to spend too much time on the cyan 2 as I just bought another dac (Signalyst dsc2) yesterday. 

But yes, it just sounds like imaging more precised, more like all the pieces are tied together better - coherency. They're not as spread out and completely unlinked. Like all the instruments are more believably located in the same space.

All I can say is WOW!!!

6小时前, CJH 说:

只是对 5.7 将 DAC 校正添加到我与 Cyan 2 一起使用的矩阵校正中的一些快速评论。最初,在桌面上尝试了 2 和 512 和 256 的 Cyan EC Super/Gauss Long,并没有发现太大的区别,所以我坚持使用 256 以方便加载。刚刚加载了 5.7 并添加了 DAC 校正,现在在 512 处听到了更大的改进。一切听起来都好多了,这就是我现在要住的地方。有人有类似的结果吗?谢谢,尤西。

CJH公司

刚刚加载了 5.7 并添加了 DAC 校正,现在在 512 上听到了更多改进,一切听起来都好多了----- 你能告诉我如何在矩阵选项中添加青色 2 文件,以及从哪里获取青色 2 文件吗?你能提供你的屏幕截图看看吗?谢谢!

7小时前,CJH说:

只是对 5.7 将 DAC 校正添加到我与 Cyan 2 一起使用的矩阵校正中的一些快速评论。最初,在桌面上尝试了 2 和 512 和 256 的 Cyan EC Super/Gauss Long,并没有发现太大的区别,所以我坚持使用 256 以方便加载。刚刚加载了 5.7 并添加了 DAC 校正,现在在 512 处听到了更大的改进。一切听起来都好多了,这就是我现在要住的地方。有人有类似的结果吗?谢谢,尤西。

CJH公司

对不起,我看到别人在另一个地方设置了它,我找到了,谢谢!

DAC矫正.png