IGNORED

HQ Player

Thought I'd try 4.14. Sounds better than 4.13.1, but new dropouts appeared on my W10 10850k machine. No problems with 24/96 to DSD256 GaussXL ASDM7 on 4.13.1 with 43% load, but now same has dropouts and 48/49% load with 4.14. Also, I use a Chrome Book for Client in the listening room which was fine with 4.13.1, now I uninstalled and loaded 4.14 and Client will not even open on that machine, so I also lost control. Where are you guys getting 4.14_2 and 4.14_3?

Guess I may need to go back to less good sounding 4.13. Since it has been uninstalled on both machines, where can I redownload 4.13.1?

CJH

1 hour ago, CJH said:

Where are you guys getting 4.14_2 and 4.14_3?

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/HQPlayer4Desktop-setup-4140-3.exe

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/HQPlayer4Desktop-setup-4140-2.exe

here they are !

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

2 hours ago, CJH said:

Guess I may need to go back to less good sounding 4.13. Since it has been uninstalled on both machines, where can I redownload 4.13.1?

https://www.signalyst.com/bins/HQPlayer4Desktop-setup-4131.exe

Always keep installer of last known working version stored in a safe place. I keep only current - 1 version downloadable and remove older ones.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Hello Miska, 

First of all, thanks for this version, it works perfectly on my M1 8Gb Mac mini, even on DSD128 asdm7ecv2 and ext2.

As I’ve changed my system recently, I would know if you have some advices regarding a Meitner MA3 unit who upsample everything to DSD1024 internally.

Thanks for your help!

Fred (Toulouse, France)

7 minutes ago, fredg_31 said:

As I’ve changed my system recently, I would know if you have some advices regarding a Meitner MA3 unit who upsample everything to DSD1024 internally.

I don't know, if it cannot receive DSD1024 data and play it bit-perfect, I'd likely send it highest rate DSD it supports.

22 minutes ago, Miska said:

I don't know, if it cannot receive DSD1024 data and play it bit-perfect, I'd likely send it highest rate DSD it supports.

I’m limited to dxd or dsd128 with usb, and internally the meitner converts everything to dsd1024. For you the best option would be dsd128?

Fred (Toulouse, France)

Interesting and a bit curious finding for me is, that 44.1k to 5.6M or 48k to 6.1M is less demanding on CPU power than 88.2/96 or 176.4/192. I tried that with no convolution. I rather expected the opposite since I expected "less work" to upsample, when source fs is higher. Miska, if not big secret, could you please explain the principle in some easy language?

As result (with 4.14-2), I can run poly-sinc-gauss-xl with ASDM7ECv2 from 44.1k/48k, but not from higher PCM rates, where I am getting dropouts and Resource Monitor shows higher load (not so unexpected with my lower frequency CPU). Luckily there is possibility to setup 1x and Nx upsampling. Suitable for such a case.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
4 hours ago, bogi said:

Interesting and a bit curious finding for me is, that 44.1k to 5.6M or 48k to 6.1M is less demanding on CPU power than 88.2/96 or 176.4/192. I tried that with no convolution. I rather expected the opposite since I expected "less work" to upsample, when source fs is higher. Miska, if not big secret, could you please explain the principle in some easy language?

For single stage filters it works more that way. But for two stage filters output rate of first stage increases as source rate increases which makes it heavier. When the ratio between input and output rates falls to 8x or less, the second stage falls off. Opposite of how DAC chips work with multi-stage filters (for obvious reasons).

8 minutes ago, clang said:

When I go to the main page at signalyst, I see only Desktop 4.14.0. The latest news was on Nov5 regarding Embedded 4.27.0. I have tried refreshing the page, even restarting the computer, all with the same result. Do I have a problem.?

Are you behind some proxy or similar? Although refresh should work.

5 hours ago, fredg_31 said:

I’m limited to dxd or dsd128 with usb, and internally the meitner converts everything to dsd1024. For you the best option would be dsd128?

You can try which one works better for you. For such DAC, to have exact recommendations I would need to have it on my test bench.

I’m getting “broken pipe” errors occasionally when starting/restarting playing.  Then “push to FIFO” error.  HQP and NAA see the DAC. I need to reboot the NAA and power cycle the DAC to fix it. Restarting just HQP client or HQP NAA doesn’t fix it. New since 4.14. 

Mac mini M1 (Big Sur) > ultraRendu > NuPrime Evolution. 

37 minutes ago, bibo01 said:

Your revisions .2 and .3 have never been visible on your website.

You mean those test builds? -2 and the currently available download are the same. On purpose such test builds are not shown there. Purpose was to get some feedback on performance before deciding what is used for the official release.