IGNORED

Lampizator questions

On 07/03/2017 at 3:54 PM, shsoh said:

(1) The "popping" persists with playback of a DSD file from another DSD file. No "popping" was observed for a playback of a DSD file from a PCM file.

There seem to be a problem with the muting. It could be on the DAC, but also on the source side - have you tried changing the source, reinstalling drivers etc?

@RRSR, I am the one that started the thread at github. 

Linux can play DSD512 without problems and without pops in DSD if the DAC is properly designed (see for example Holo Audio Spring).

Amanero card can support DSD native up to  DSD256 with alpha firmware 1099be. The problem is that this firmware is not already ready for distribution. Sometime you cannot change output sampling rate (it will mute) and DSD512 is distorted. You can use it with HQPlayer at DSD256, for example, with a filter that can support a fixed output frequency.

AudioLinux --> https://www.audio-linux.com

developer of AudioLinux realtime OS

Well, just joined the forum - been following the site for some time though. Looking into a DAC for my new stereo, and perhaps the Lampi Atlantic will more than fit the bill. I'm wondering about the superclocks - the site says optional "additional" superclocks for basically all modes but PCM 384 KHz. What does it mean exactly? 

Also, I read somewhere the rated output of the non-volume controlled Atlantic is 3V. Is that correct? Sounds crazy high to me if I can compare to the DAC that I'm currently using, which is close to 1V and I'm using it at -70dB in order to get a decent output. 

2 hours ago, unbalanced output said:

There seem to be a problem with the muting. It could be on the DAC, but also on the source side - have you tried changing the source, reinstalling drivers etc?

Last posting attempt went missing...

My source is the Antipodes with zero issues on the Bricasti M1, Chord Hugo/Qute, Marantz even on DSD files. I'm not going to do anything to the Antipodes. Perhaps there's a compatibility issue with Linux?

With the lack of response and support from Lampi, it looks like I'm stuck with these problems... It's confusing to me why the unit was shipped back with these issues unchecked. Anyone keen with my unit please send me a message for a discussion.

Hi Shsoh, I wrote a few days ago to mr Lampi but got no reply yet. Maybe he's busy or out of the office? 

Meanwhile, it wouldn't be a bad idea to do some debugging. Just plug a computer to the lampi and see if the problem repeats. If it doesn't, it is probably software and not on the Lampi board. Should be relatively easy to do as compared to ship the DAC all the way to Poland with no guarantees.

May be a compatibility issue indeed, is it the only DAC with Amanero usb in your stash? I assume the Lampi guys tested it with Windows/Mac/etc and couldn't repeat your issues. It is not an uncommon problem but I'm pretty sure it is annoying. 

6 hours ago, shsoh said:

I would rather that they look for a fix for my current problems.

Yup still zero reply...

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues.  Lukasz does not closely monitor his email.  His primary focus on the brand is on the development end, but we have an entire team in place in Poland to handle customer service and support.  

Why don't you reach out to Kris or Anna in operations?  Or, if you are a North American customer, please feel free to reach out to me.

On 4/2/2017 at 11:52 AM, shsoh said:

Thanks for the lead. I have just sent them yet another email. Let us see how far this goes.

I'm located in Singapore but my set is from the US.

What is the subject line of your email?  I followed up with the factory to tell them to be on the lookout for it, but they don't see anything from you in that mailbox.  

16 hours ago, Gopher said:

What is the subject line of your email?  I followed up with the factory to tell them to be on the lookout for it, but they don't see anything from you in that mailbox.  

Hello, it would be:

Fw: DAC LEVEL 4 GEN 5 "pop" Sound

Thanks for the help. 

Well, it has been a week or nearly 3 months in total without getting any constructive response from Lampi.

And looking at the situation, the set will need to be re-assigned to home theatre duties. I have assessed the sound quality over the past few weeks and while first impression was really great, I gradually realised that the Lampi lacked colours and seems musically bleached.

Honestly, this has got to be the worst audio purchase experience for me - I would have to warn all potential buyers of new or used Lampi units to really reconsider their options again.

Thankfully, I still have my Bricasti M1 - and I'm sending the unit for a software upgrade. And what was Bricasti's response time after I sent them an email yesterday evening? *** IMMEDIATE ***

@Gopher I also sent you an email recently.

TT VPI Prime Signature/Benz Micro LP-S DACs Lampizator Golden Atlantic, Lampizator Euforia DSD Preamps Mac C500T, Mac MX121 Amps Mac MC75 60th Ann. (*2), Mac MC205, Glenn 300B Speakers Dynaudio C1 Platinum, B&W 804S Headphones LCD-3, LCD-4
Mobile: AK240, Shure 846
On 11/04/2017 at 8:11 PM, shsoh said:

Well, it has been a week or nearly 3 months in total without getting any constructive response from Lampi.

And looking at the situation, the set will need to be re-assigned to home theatre duties. I have assessed the sound quality over the past few weeks and while first impression was really great, I gradually realised that the Lampi lacked colours and seems musically bleached.

Honestly, this has got to be the worst audio purchase experience for me - I would have to warn all potential buyers of new or used Lampi units to really reconsider their options again.

Thankfully, I still have my Bricasti M1 - and I'm sending the unit for a software upgrade. And what was Bricasti's response time after I sent them an email yesterday evening? *** IMMEDIATE ***

It is really nice to know that the North American Lampi distributor has offered assistance to this topic.

I hope that he will be able to find a solution to my current situation.

Gopher is a great guy to deal with. Through him, I've found the Lampizator support to be first class.

TT VPI Prime Signature/Benz Micro LP-S DACs Lampizator Golden Atlantic, Lampizator Euforia DSD Preamps Mac C500T, Mac MX121 Amps Mac MC75 60th Ann. (*2), Mac MC205, Glenn 300B Speakers Dynaudio C1 Platinum, B&W 804S Headphones LCD-3, LCD-4
Mobile: AK240, Shure 846
2 hours ago, leftside said:

Gopher is a great guy to deal with. Through him, I've found the Lampizator support to be first class.

Totally agree.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...