IGNORED

Lampizator questions

2 hours ago, Blake said:

Very well put @Powerman.   That sums up my experience with Lampizator as well.  The performers are in my the room.  It is actually spooky at times, in a good way.  

Ya... Voices! They are not located... Centered left to right. One dimensional. Most stuff with depth... There's no "depth". Frequencies are louder or softer which give an illusion of closer farther... If you think about it hard. No... Voices are 3D. They hold a place in space. They have weight, precense. Of all things... Kurt Cobain. "Something in the way". He isn't in my room... I am in the booth with him recording. That recording is just super weird. But some many say the same thing about Lampis... Just spooky real, swimming in a pool of sound... Bass isn't like a warm blanket... It's floating in a warm pool. I'm just floored.

Big picture I was super scared to put that much money in a DAC. I was skeptical it would be worth it... Just more of the same I knew, an improvement. I had to sell something I didn't want to. As much press as people talk about Holo May and Terminator... No way they do what Lampi does. And what I sold... Haven't given it a second thought. Didn't even know to expect what I got. It's litterally a whole new system. My amp can amplify, and my speakers can play, but that DAC, that's just magic.

• 2 months later...
On 1/5/2023 at 11:52 AM, Nikko1960 said:

HNY to you too, Miguel.

Please find attached a screen shot of my settings.  Note that I am converting to a DSD stream.  I throttle the volume back to -3.4db to prevent clipping.  But I leave bits set to auto.  Someone told me some time back that the bits setting only matters when you upsample to PCM.

All the best

Nikko

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 10.42.03.png

I use very similar settinges (playing around with modulator & filter settings now and then), however, suggest to enable 48k DSD (if your Lampi accepts it, mine does) and up the max rate to 48k x256.
That allows for integer upsampling the 48k PCM family rates (so also 96k and 192k) into 48k x 256 DSD. Less CPU load for HQPlayer and upsampling by an integer factor (which in my PCM days sounded better, have not done an A/B in this case, just went with it).

Does anyone know what reconstruction filters Lampizator uses? The HQPlayer manual states some work bettrer with 5th order, some with 7th order modulators...

Bits to analog: Server [i9-10850k; Win10Pro, Roon Core + HQPlayer4 >all DSD256x] -> mRendu -> Regen -> Lampi GG

Analog to sound: ASR Emitter II Exclusive, Battery -> Gryphon Mojo S + 2 x REL G2

Details: Audio System