IGNORED

Lampizator questions

Thanks for your post, rikard.

It's of particular interest to me since I've been using a Level 4 Gen 5 Lampi for quite some time and have wondered about how the Atlantic might compare. I sure would love to hear one "in the flesh." Maybe I'll find out when my time and $$ loosen up a bit.

Doak, I know what you mean, and not being able to listen to them beforehand is a problem. When I bought the L4 I took a chance, it was not "that much" money, the Atlantic is another price level though. For me the Atlantic was exactly what I wanted, I was looking/dreaming of the Lite 7 Mini version (L4 size box) but still had issues with the huge tubes sticking out of it. The Atlantic also appealed to me as it felt "fresh" and "modern", like a new start of the next Lampi generation.... raving reviews together with early owner reports of course made the decision easier, even though I had more or less decided already.

The Atlantic still costs quite a lot of money, and I think it's up to each and everyone to justify the purchase, is the DAC the weakest link in the chain or would you be better off by upgrading speakers, amps, cables and so on, that's up to you to decide. But as a previous L4G5 owner I can just say that I don't think you would be disappointed, the Atlantic is everything I loved about the L4 but... better in every possible way. I think I said it before, but I have not heard a DAC like it before...

Has anyone heard a Euphoria with the DSD512 upgrade?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Software: Roon/HQplayer; System I: Roon Server/HQplayer DSD 512 Upsampling, Custom Windows 10 PC/AO, LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; Holo Cyan DAC; VPI Scout 2 Turntable, Soundsmith Boheme, TTW Clamps and Carbon Matt; Cary SLP-98P Preamp; Van Alstine FET 600 Poweramp;  Aerial Acoustics 6T loudspeakers, SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofers. System II: Custom PC with Signalyst Linux HQplayer NAA; LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; IFI Micro iDSD Black Label; Primaluna Dialogue 2 with Tung Sol KT-150; Paradigm Studio 20 v3 monitors on Custom Mapleshade stands. Cables: Moon Audio, LUSH, Kimber Kable, Mapleshade, LARRY custom.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i am a Lampizator L4 Gen5 DSD 256 ready owner, i would like to play on linux OS my DSD files in native mode (non DOP), does anybody have updated the firmware on Amanero Combo 384 board to make it work?, if so please need step by step guide to update amanero combo firmware too.

Hi RRSR. The current firmware does not support non-DoP so your/we are stuck at DoP and DSD128. There is – to my knowledge – no info on further developments.

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

Hi RRSR. The current firmware does not support non-DoP so your/we are stuck at DoP and DSD128. There is – to my knowledge – no info on further developments.

So, why on Amanero web page they are saying that

firmware_1099rc1 supports DSD native? We are many people waiting for this to squeeze our marvelous Lampizator Dac!, and furthermore, we need updated drivers ready for windows 10, latest are from 2013!, Why Amanero are not supporting correctly its own product?

Some/all Linux variants are limited to DSD128. Windows does direct DSD etc. No idea why firmware updates are lagging behind...

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

Some/all Linux variants are limited to DSD128. Windows does direct DSD etc. No idea why firmware updates are lagging behind...

Hi Freann, I see that we have same kind of DAC, and you have the microrendu also, when you want to play DSD files...what do you prefer, microrendu or the computer?, can you stream Dsd files in native format from microrendu to lampizator?, is microrendu limited to x128 DoP?.

I play everything via mR and HQPlayer. No native, DoP only. I don’ feel that it is a big problem. But of course I’m curious of what higher rates could do...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, hi Norm.

I just moved to the uRendu with LPS-1 with my Big7 and am discovering what you guys already know, with a HQplayer setup. I was hoping to get everything upsampled to DSD256 but it seems like this is not possible with the uRendu. I just pinged Lukasz via Fred as Lukasz is in the US this morning. Answer from L regarding the Amanero and uRendu is that "It's coming, they're working on it, but it's not stable for release yet." They being Amanero.

So I guess we'll just have to be patient!

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks,

I was unable to find out if the Tidal MQA is supported by the B7?

On the Tidal App the Hifi/MQA option is available and the Hifi sign light up, no MQA. Somewhere it noted that the Amanero was not supporting this, is this the case?

Thanks

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

Any DAC will "play an MQA file (stream) - raw (no MQA processing) or "unfolded" by an app like Tidal. But, the last step of the MQA process is actually in the DAC with a MQA developed filter to "correct" the time blur of that DAC. If the DAC can do the last "rendering" (as it is now being called) you get to put a blue light on the front that indicates when it is receiving a MQA stream.

Bottom line, I'm not sure any Lampi DACs are MQA capable - meaning the last rendering part. The Facebook page doesn't indicate that the DACs are MQA capable.

Send them an email!

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Thanks.

I am using both the Microrendu and the Mac. For the latter the direct stream is possible (I am assuming) but the Hifi/MQA signal is shown, not the MQA as seen in some screenshots on the net. I am using the desktop version. I do like the sound of the URendu better than the Mac still. Using Roon for both.

Incidentally there has been some discussion on the SuperClock. I dont have this as yet and seems like this is to go for in the next upgrade. Can any one share some picture about this?

Thanks again

Any DAC will "play an MQA file (stream) - raw (no MQA processing) or "unfolded" by an app like Tidal. But, the last step of the MQA process is actually in the DAC with a MQA developed filter to "correct" the time blur of that DAC. If the DAC can do the last "rendering" (as it is now being called) you get to put a blue light on the front that indicates when it is receiving a MQA stream.

Bottom line, I'm not sure any Lampi DACs are MQA capable - meaning the last rendering part. The Facebook page doesn't indicate that the DACs are MQA capable.

Send them an email!

I have a b7 it plays tidal Mqa direct , it plays exclusive or bypass and the sound is diffent . Mine is r2r direct . I am not crazy . Anyone else have any thoughts

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

Send them an email!

They are not...the FB page just says it will play the Tidal MQA Stream.

To get the last bit, it means the manufacturer will have to submit their (often proprietary) filter tech to Meridian for it to be "corrected". This means that most will feel that Meridian will mess up their optimal filter design that is likely already optimized for the vast majority of RBCD playback.

To me the software unfolding is good enough.

Thanks.

I am using both the Microrendu and the Mac. For the latter the direct stream is possible (I am assuming) but the Hifi/MQA signal is shown, not the MQA as seen in some screenshots on the net. I am using the desktop version. I do like the sound of the URendu better than the Mac still. Using Roon for both.

Incidentally there has been some discussion on the SuperClock. I dont have this as yet and seems like this is to go for in the next upgrade. Can any one share some picture about this?

Thanks again

Superclock is great in theory and in practice.

Better clocks than the stock Amanero ones, plus most importantly, they have their OWN separate power supply and no longer have to impose a strain on the single psu powering the entire Amanero setup.

There should be TWO second parts, ie 3 things done. 1)unfolding 2)Filter correction....both constitute the MQ part.

The A part is 3) Auntentication. This is the digital signature represnting the verification the artists signed off on this "remix".

Superclock is great in theory and in practice.

Better clocks than the stock Amanero ones, plus most importantly, they have their OWN separate power supply and no longer have to impose a strain on the single psu powering the entire Amanero setup.

Thanks Wisnon

As the Amanero has two clocks onboard, is both of them upgraded to only one?

Thanks Again