IGNORED

Lampizator questions

With the existing Windows ASIO drivers the Amanero USB does allow DSD512. The same would be possible with OSX ASIO drivers. Now it is up to Lukasz to make the Lampi DSD ready for DSD512.

Matt

Does the Amanero require an ASIO driver to playback DSD512 with Windows? My understanding is that the Lampizators only support DoP - not ASIO - at the moment.

Does the Amanero require an ASIO driver to playback DSD512 with Windows? My understanding is that the Lampizators only support DoP - not ASIO - at the moment.

Yes, Amanero requires ASIO for DSD512 with Windows or OSX.

IMO, Lampi does not support ASIO.

Amanero should provide ASIO drivers for OSX.

Lukasz should make Lampi ready for DSD512 with ASIO support for Windows and OSX.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

Yes, Amanero requires ASIO for DSD512 with Windows or OSX.

IMO, Lampi does not support ASIO.

Amanero should provide ASIO drivers for OSX.

Lukasz should make Lampi ready for DSD512 with ASIO support for Windows and OSX.

Matt

Who would provide the ASIO drivers for Windows? Lampizator or Amanero?

With the exaSound e28 I own, exaSound wrote the ASIO drivers for Windows and Mac.

I'm guessing the same applies here - Lampizator would need to write the ASIO drivers for both platforms.

I have a Lampi L4 DSD DAC and it supports ASIO just fine - with Windows.

I'm all for universal OS support, but the Lampi DSD/Amanero combination does support ASIO and DoP.

I'm looking forward to DSD256/DSD512 support though.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

I'm all for universal OS support, but the Lampi DSD/Amanero combination does support ASIO and DoP.

That is good news,

so we are looking forward to OSX ASIO and DSD256/DSD512 support.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

That's interesting.

You didn't have to install any Lampizator ASIO drivers to make it work?

That's interesting.

You didn't have to install any Lampizator ASIO drivers to make it work?

Sorry everyone. I was mistaken. It appears that the Lampi does not support ASIO, as several of you were saying.

With my WS2012/AO/JPlay rig, I can choose either ASIO or DoP in JRiver and it works fine, but when I tried connecting directly from a Win 8 machine, only DoP worked.

Maybe that's because the JPlay output is set to Kernel Streaming??

The sound was much better with the more advanced configuration, BTW.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Hi all, the Lampi does indeed work fine in ASIO mode with the Amanero drivers under windows 8 and windows server 2012 r2. I downloaded my drivers from Amanero.com and options for ASIO, WASAPI and KS were installed.

If I use Jplay I go with KS and DOP. If jplay is off I feel ASIO and native DSD gives me the best sound.

Yeang

Hi all, the Lampi does indeed work fine in ASIO mode with the Amanero drivers under windows 8 and windows server 2012 r2. I downloaded my drivers from Amanero.com and options for ASIO, WASAPI and KS were installed.

If I use Jplay I go with KS and DOP. If jplay is off I feel ASIO and native DSD gives me the best sound.

Yeang

Does the ASIO mode with the Lampizator give you DSD256 support, or is it also limited to DSD128?

What is "KS" mode?

• 2 weeks later...
FYI, Lampizator North America will be debuting their new HeadDAC DSD128 Headphone Amp + DAC at the NY Audio Show this weekend. They will be in Room 382, 3rd Floor with the HeadDAC. Should be interesting!

LampizatOr HEAD DAC

★DSD works best with Foobar and JRiver. Other sources are un-verified. Audirvana is supported but not recommended.

Interesting, why?

Sorry, english is not my native language.

Fools and fanatics are always certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.

Hi all,

Wanted to give an update on my Big 7 DAC. If you remember from a few pages back it was at the factory to address a few issues which were mostly unique to my high sensitivity system. I must say that Lukasz and Fred are among the most helpful and accommodating people I have ever dealt with in years of high end audio; at least I personally have not had the wonderful experience of working directly and communicating with the designer and owner of a very respected and busy company in this fashion!

In any case, it duly arrived back at my digs after Lukasz did an extensive rework. Previously, due to the high sensitivity nature of my system (102dB sensitive Avantgarde Unos) I had some residual concerns about the background noise/hum level as well as some microphonics, though this was only when run direct DAC to amp, using the built in resistor relay attenuator. Previously when run through a preamp (I use a Placette passive pre) the noise issues vanished, though I felt it lost a small, but palpable degree of immediacy and emotional connection when run that way.

When I received the unit back the week of the New York Audio Show, I was pretty excited to see what Lukasz had wrought. He had implemented a different grounding scheme and modified the circuit topology in a way that he was extremely satisfied with, and I had been chomping at the bit to hear the results. He had also swapped out my original EML 45's for a set of the PSVANE 101D tennis ball tubes.

I let the unit burn in for a day or two, and finally sat down to listen critically a day or two before NYAS....

Cueing up the first track, Bassface Swing Trio's "April in Paris" on the Sennheiser DSD sampler, I was frankly blown away. Jaw dropped. Astounded.

I had the DAC running direct to my Art Audio Jota monoblocks (300BXLS) amps, and the noise issue was COMPLETELY resolved, as if it had never been there in the first place. In its place, coming from the depths of a smooth, black background was wonderful, juicy music with a sense of "there-ness" that I can only describe as meaty, fleshy magical presence. I've heard many other DACs do "hi-fi" on my system but none with the reassuring sense of solidity and emotional connection I was hearing. A measure that I use, albeit subjective, is how soon and vigorously my foot starts tapping with the music. As my wife can attest, at live opera and concert performances, this becomes a big issue for the poor audience member seated beside me. With the Big 7 in full flow, I found myself with a large smile on my face and my foot pumping vigorously with the resonant palpability of each bass note.

Switching gears to Valery Gergiev's SACD of Natalie Dessay as Lucia di Lammermoor, "Spargi d'amaro pianto", another of my reference tracks, gave a remarkable change in scale and pace. This time, instead of being front row seats at a jazz bar, I was transported to about Grand Tier level with the orchestra laid out below. Immediately heralding Dessay's entrance is a flute obligato - the Big 7 took this to a new level of clarity and palpability; I could almost feel the vibration of the flutist's embouchure and his/her fingers on the stops. I have heard Natalie Dessay sing the same role from Row H at the Metropolitan Opera in the 2010 season, hence I consider this track a good benchmark for reproduction fidelity, the differences between the Met and the LSO's Barbican halls not withstanding. The Big 7 takes it PRETTY DARN CLOSE!

To be continued....

Hmm, not a very easy task, because Lukaz is brushed off the markings on the "magic" chip's...

Edit: it seems that in blue board he is using AKM AK4396 chips in dual mode... what chip is in green board top of blue, not known (yet). Very likely I am wrong here, don't beat me hard :).

Sorry, english is not my native language.

Fools and fanatics are always certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.