IGNORED

Lampizator questions

What do you have currently?

I had an L5 which I loved. But thought i would take a chance on the L7.

Can't wait.

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel

Hi Norman!

Yeah I guess the advantage of the Sabre chip in the Amber is that autosensing between DSD and PCM is possible. It would be interesting to see if Lukasz can implement it on the L7 topology.

Does anyone have an idea what the signal path is on the Big 7? I've been ruminating on this for a while. The input obviously goes through the Amanero USB board. Does the Amanero just pass the input along to I2S, or does it separate DSD and PCM data?

I'm wondering how Lukasz gets the DSD and PCM separated out before getting the PCM decoded by his secret PCM chip and the DSD obviously to the elegant low pass filtering solutions.

Anyone have an idea? Curious. My Big 7 has been at Lukasz' for a while getting some updates applied. Suffering withdrawal symptoms as my old DAC doesn't cut it!

Yeang

Hi Norman!

Yeah I guess the advantage of the Sabre chip in the Amber is that autosensing between DSD and PCM is possible. It would be interesting to see if Lukasz can implement it on the L7 topology.

Does anyone have an idea what the signal path is on the Big 7? I've been ruminating on this for a while. The input obviously goes through the Amanero USB board. Does the Amanero just pass the input along to I2S, or does it separate DSD and PCM data?

I'm wondering how Lukasz gets the DSD and PCM separated out before getting the PCM decoded by his secret PCM chip and the DSD obviously to the elegant low pass filtering solutions.

Anyone have an idea? Curious. My Big 7 has been at Lukasz' for a while getting some updates applied. Suffering withdrawal symptoms as my old DAC doesn't cut it!

Yeang

I dont know, but am sure the Amanero board is key. I am sure the signal shunting is done there…I think I resd this on DIY audio forum.

Sabre chip will sound nice but limiting in what he can do. Nice entry level, but not for the upper levels. He has said he has plans for the L& going fow=rward as he is investigating even more SQ improvement paths. Lukasz will be in the US for a week for the NYC show from about the 23rd, I think.

Yeah, did you finish the CAPs server?

Glad to see that Scot finally updated his review with the results we were all expecting!

Norm and Al, the CAPS is almost done! I am still waiting on Larry of HDPLEX to send me his latest 200W LPSU. I have his 100W LPSU which is built like a tank but doesn't have enough power for a i7-4770k processor which shuts down under load). right now I'm using a Seasonic 460W fanless temporarily.

It already sounds leaps and bounds better than my old i3 noisy system. I have the fanless HDPLEX H10.S case which looks gorgeous. Larry's customer support is insane. Email him and there is a reply 5 seconds later at any time of the day.

I used the 3M AB-5100S EMI/RFI absorbing material and stuck a big piece all over the Paul Pang clock modified motherboard, and a ton of pieces over the top and all over the SOTM USB card and riser cable. All of which greatly lowered the blackness of the background.

I still have to power the 1TB Samsung SSD from my Anker battery which I bought on sale.

Yeang

Ok, so for a while I have been trying to not upgrade from the L5. Yesterday at Greg (UK distributor)'s place, compared the 5 to the 7. Initial impression on normal vocals was that the 7 was more open, with a more spatial soundstage, but the 5 is good enough, so I was still trying to not jump the gun to save money. But then I switched over to my most testing audition music, Mussogosrky's Pictures at an Exhibition. The dynamism and separation required for this really sets apart the best from the very good. It took me 2 minutes to realize how much better the 7 was, and then we just kept confirming it. The reverb and decay of the instruments is unlike anything I have heard before.

The tracks I normally compare on this CD are the 2nd(Gnomus), 7th (Bydio), and the 14th (Hut on Fowl's legs). The last is the most heaviest metal track you can find, that really tests a system. I have never heard this symphony play better. The mastering was average. The presence the 7 creates, and the way each instrument sounds, is incredible.

Matt, it might not be up to Lukasz as the USB board is made by Amanero and the drivers are obviously supplied by Amanero. I just checked the website and it says no drivers necessary for OS X but those are probably not ASIO.

OK,

so this might be a task for the Amanero crew........

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

I've been looking into upgrading the fuses on my equipment with aftermarket fuses lately. Has anyone tried replacing the fuses on their Lampi with an aftermarket fuse? I'm specifically looking at the new Synergistic Research RED, Audio Magic Super Fuse or the Audio Horizons Platinum. Experience with the HiFi Tuning fuses would be great to hear too!

Users on other forums have all reported favorable changes replacing fuses in amps, PS Audio conditioners and DS DACs, CD players etc. I haven't heard a "it didn't make a difference" post as yet.

Yeang

OK,

so this might be a task for the Amanero crew........

I've been looking into upgrading the fuses on my equipment with aftermarket fuses lately. Has anyone tried replacing the fuses on their Lampi with an aftermarket fuse? I'm specifically looking at the new Synergistic Research RED, Audio Magic Super Fuse or the Audio Horizons Platinum. Experience with the HiFi Tuning fuses would be great to hear too!

Users on other forums have all reported favorable changes replacing fuses in amps, PS Audio conditioners and DS DACs, CD players etc. I haven't heard a "it didn't make a difference" post as yet.

Yeang

Mine were with furutech. AMR is best value for money. If you want to spend I heard audio horizons is the best. But you need to upgrade all fuses, not just lampi

I use ps audio P10,and 5 ,s. They make a notable improvement power cords and fuses I honestly do not hear any change . I have a few power cords from ps audio and a couple of others too. Being an electrical PE and LISC electrical contractor I just cannot justify why it would matter . This may effect my view on thus as well. But I do have a couple of brands from ones named here. I also have read to increase the fuse capacity by a large margin. This was posted by Steve n from imperical audio. Who knows ??

Yeang

I am getting REDs when they are in. Have used Synergistic fuses before and they are worth the $. Better than HiFi tuning (in my system). Totaldac USB cable also a winner...

Yes,

and with OSX ASIO and some hardware changes the Lampi DSD should be able to playback DSD512.

Matt

Lampizator has said in that they are looking into DSD256 and DSD512 due to owner requests for those features. Like you, I'm guessing that will require the development of ASIO drivers and an updated USB input card or approach. Pretty much the same boat that many other DAC makers are in at the moment due to using third party USB cards limited to DoP and DSD128.

Ok, so for a while I have been trying to not upgrade from the L5. Yesterday at Greg (UK distributor)'s place, compared the 5 to the 7. Initial impression on normal vocals was that the 7 was more open, with a more spatial soundstage, but the 5 is good enough, so I was still trying to not jump the gun to save money. But then I switched over to my most testing audition music, Mussogosrky's Pictures at an Exhibition. The dynamism and separation required for this really sets apart the best from the very good. It took me 2 minutes to realize how much better the 7 was, and then we just kept confirming it. The reverb and decay of the instruments is unlike anything I have heard before.

The tracks I normally compare on this CD are the 2nd(Gnomus), 7th (Bydio), and the 14th (Hut on Fowl's legs). The last is the most heaviest metal track you can find, that really tests a system. I have never heard this symphony play better. The mastering was average. The presence the 7 creates, and the way each instrument sounds, is incredible.

I LOVE Gnomus…Great track.

Lampizator has said in that they are looking into DSD256 and DSD512 due to owner requests for those features. Like you, I'm guessing that will require the development of ASIO drivers and an updated USB input card or approach. Pretty much the same boat that many other DAC makers are in at the moment due to using third party USB cards limited to DoP and DSD128.

Bmoura, I think Brian is asking specifically for Mac OSX Asio support. Windows already has this.

Bmoura, I think Brian is asking specifically for Mac OSX Asio support. Windows already has this.

With the existing Windows ASIO drivers the Amanero USB does allow DSD512. The same would be possible with OSX ASIO drivers. Now it is up to Lukasz to make the Lampi DSD ready for DSD512.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)